Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,611 members, 7,827,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya (13075 Views)

Enoch Nwali Wins The 14th African Scrabble Championship In Lusaka, Zambia. / Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation / Nigeria retains 2017 World Scrabble Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ChappyChase: 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
Is
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by Uniquejames(m): 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
how will they be aware when all bloggers keep to is when davido will release fia and slay queen will have new meaning... some folks up there are saying when Rinaldo isn't playing, limiting their knowledge to only football.

3top position out of 5! that's a good trend.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ib0221: 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
Thanks for this. Nigerians seem not interested in scrable at all. I introduced it some years back in a school and within a year I could not see any trace of it. You can be an advocate and be sure I am with you.

1 Like

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ZACHIE: 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2017
aribisala0:
Hi not to create an argument but how is Nigeria
Number One Scrabble Playing nation?

We, actually, were.
And, might just be again having lost the title USA.
Nigeria tops the team chart in the ongoing World Championship.

Know what? We have strong roots back at home apart from those competing internationally now.
That's how strong we are .

1 Like

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by lukmangobir(m): 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
the sarkin kudun gobir ALHAJI ABDULHAMID BALARABE has death today 09/10/2017.R I P

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by mamuzoOMAH(m): 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
Scrabble doesn't gain attention in Nigeria. even chess doesn't. I have a dream tho, to make Scrabble recognised and loved amongst Nigerians. and I am working on a project that will achieve this dreams. na just sponsorship person need.

1 Like

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by aribisala0(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
ZACHIE:

We, actually, were.
And, might just be again having lost the title USA.
Nigeria tops the team chart in the ongoing World Championship.

Know what? We have strong roots back at home apart from those competing internationally now.
That's how strong we are .
I have not said we are not, I said HOW? on what basis or metrics
being at the Top of charts is that enough?
The World Number one in Tennis might be Swiss but does that make Switzerland the number one Tennis nation?

That is why I asked HOW you make Nigeria the top scrabble nation
have there ever been competitions between National teams and is there a ranking system
My point is a statement like top nation in anything goes beyond being world champion or having the best two players.There is more to it than that.
The World Chess champion is Norwegian but Norway is far from the number one chess country
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by steperone(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
They are to busy following Bobrisky n Hushpuppi's matter thats why things that really matter doesn't matter in our country... Plus the gov't is not helping either, they feel they have bigger things to worry about not knowing things like these are major too!

1 Like

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ZACHIE: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
aribisala0:

The World Number one in Tennis might be Swiss but does that make Switzerland the number one Tennis nation?

have there ever been competitions between National teams and is there a ranking system

Of course, there is a ranking system. It has been running for a while now and your raggedy country had been Numero Uno on that ranking.
Do not sound intelligent with me. I know what I am talking about.

That radio interview on Sportsville, I was the interviewee

2 Likes

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ylaa(f): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
Cos its not football.
Na only football n APC we know for this country
Thanks for bringing it to my notice
I might contest next yr
I love scrabble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by tealaw(m): 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
Only losers play this game.
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ZACHIE: 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
tealaw:
Only losers play this game.

Have you ever won at anything in your life, Mate?

2 Likes

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by aribisala0(m): 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
ZACHIE:

Of course, there is a ranking system. It has been running for a while now and your raggedy country had been Numero Uno on that ranking.
Do not sound intelligent with me. I know what I am talking about.
What do you mean do not sound intelligent with you? I have not said you don't know what you are talking about. I have not said your claim is untrue I just want more evidence
I too want to know what I am talking about if I repeat that claim elsewhere. So quit acting like a person with an inferiority complex.
I don't think my questions were disrespectful.
Where can I find this ranking?
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ZACHIE: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
aribisala0:

What do you mean do not sound intelligent with you? I have not said you don't know what you are talking about. I have not said your claim is untrue I just want more evidence
I too want to know what I am talking about if I repeat that claim elsewhere. So quit acting like a person with an inferiority complex.
I don't think my questions were disrespectful.
Where can I find this ranking?

If I don`t know when someone talks down on you at the age, my education is in vain.
If it matters to you, go find it. I am not here to feed your ego.
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ZACHIE: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
Nigerians are leading the park at Game 20.
And as usual, a Nigerian will beat another Nigerian to deny Nigeria absolute dominance. grin grin grin

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by adeadeyera(m): 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
aribisala0:
Hi not to create an argument but how is Nigeria
Number One Scrabble Playing nation?

For the purpose of education only:
A country who has the highest number of performers(in quota) the elite category (Master) in any WESPA Championship.

E.G if 2017 edition currently on going sees 7/8 Nigerians finishing top 20, that's a no-brainer.

That should answer you.
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by aribisala0(m): 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
ZACHIE:

If I don`t know when someone talks down on you at the age, my education is in vain.
If it matters to you, go find it. I am not here to feed your ego.
Talk down?

You are an insecure person with low self esteem. Easy diagnosis
I searched for it before I asked .

The reality is there is no such thing as a National Ranking or a so called Top scrabble nation.
If there were it won't be Nigeria.
Nigeria has many players among the best in the world but that is not what makes for top scrabble nation.
That is a numbers game. I do not believe there are even enough scrabble boards in Nigeria to justify such a thing.
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by Maski87: 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
Maybe one day we will be talking of the Eba eating competition going on in ikorodu
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by vivlyviv: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
To d bleeping mod dat banned me for 5days,a day shall come when u think u are happy and ur phones and laptop shall spoil right b4 ur eyes and u will know dat d debt is paid.
Haaaaa shocked
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ZACHIE: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
Olodo, I am off your pedantic scope.

We surge ahead with our Scrabble programs, you can sink deeper in your mire.

Your choice, boy.

aribisala0:

Talk down?

The reality is there is no such thing as a National Ranking or a so called Top scrabble nation.
Nigeria has many players among the best in the world but that is not what makes for top scrabble nation.
That is a numbers game. I do not believe there are even enough scrabble boards in Nigeria to justify such a thing.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by aribisala0(m): 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
adeadeyera:

For the purpose of education only:
A country who has the highest number of performers(in quota) the elite category (Master) in any WESPA Championship.

E.G if 2017 edition currently on going sees 7/8 Nigerians finishing top 20, that's a no-brainer.

That should answer you.
Actually that is totally wrong use of English language

having the best 20 players in world is not what makes you top nation.

If you want to talk of Top nation you must define what you mean clearly

e.g in some sports you may have a team event
In Chess there is the Chess Olympiad
In Tennis the Davis Cup and so on
Or you refer to an Elo type ranking system that ranks Nations and not individuals

I understand the sentiment the statement is trying to capture but

Top Scrabble Nation is just wrong.

To my mind that title probably belongs to countries like Thailand or India
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by adeadeyera(m): 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
aribisala0:

My point is a statement like top nation in anything goes beyond being world champion or having the best two players.There is more to it than that.
The World Chess champion is Norwegian but Norway is far from the number one chess country

I've answered your question about being Scrabble's Number One Playing Nation.
But it appears you're poised for the argument part rather than to seek enlightenment.
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ZACHIE: 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
adeadeyera:

I've answered your question about being Scrabble's Number One Playing Nation.
But it appears you're poised for the argument part rather than to seek enlightenment.

Exceedinggrace, save yourself the effort. I know the lad well. Leave him to spar against himself.

Moses Peter has upended Jighere to the 1st position. So much is happening Bro.

1 Like

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
Wellington is 2nd now while Moses Peters is now 1st after game 22

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
Wellington is now 2nd while Moses Peters is 1st after game 22

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ZACHIE: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
ETA KARO will be a thorn in their flesh.
Being in that postion is excellent.
I just pray Tunde Oduwole is able to cross into the 1st 10 and we will have a real fight on our hands.
This is a nailbiter

1 Like

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
aribisala0:

Talk down?

Hear yourself
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
ZACHIE:
ETA KARO will be a thorn in their flesh.
Being in that postion is excellent.
I just pray Tunde Oduwole is able to cross into the 1st 10 and we will have a real fight on our hands.
This is a nailbiter

I believe Seidu Ayorinde would have given all of them a run for their money , Seidu has about the largest vocabulary amongst the top Nigerian players

1 Like

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by ZACHIE: 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
neoapocalypse:

I believe Seidu Ayorinde would have given all of them a run for their money , Seidu has about the largest vocabulary amongst the top Nigerian players

Without hesitation, i will agree with you that Ayo`s word power towers the rest. But, I have camped Tunde Oduwole at HQ. I know what he capable of. Make no mistake, Jighere will match them in word power too.

It is the same source they all drink from, bro. Nsikak has an eclectic taste for word study. He is massively worded as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by adeadeyera(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2017
aribisala0:

Talk down?

I didn't have to do a further check on you, having followed from your first comment since the thread was amplified.
It's pointless seeking to help an unrepentant dunderhead.
That said, if you equate yourself into this class, fine. If not, finer.

Harm yourself with these links, just your warped curiosities could be massaged:

http://www.wespa.org/index.shtml
https://www./222021547845043/
https://www./753967454676863/https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1707876285929975&id=100294126688207
https://www./222021547845043/permalink/4029670313746795/
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by adeadeyera(m): 2:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
ZACHIE:
Olodo, I am off your pedantic scope.

We surge ahead with our Scrabble programs, you can sink deeper in your mire.

Your choice, boy.

Why are you wasting precious time?
It's fruitless attempting to rescue someone who's made a covenant with ignorance, you know?

Erm....... What happened to "SCABBLEBOARD"........
Re: 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
ZACHIE:

Without hesitation, i will agree with you that Ayo`s word power towers the rest. But, I have camped Tunde Oduwole at HQ. I know what he capable of. Make no mistake, Jighere will match them in word power too.

It is the same source they all drink from, bro. Nsikak has an eclectic taste for word study. He is massively worded as well.

Nsikak is good as well , I respect Chinedu ( the one they call sidespin ) and Pappy Doks ( Dokun Esan ) who have always wowed me with their mastery of strange but intriguing words. But the one person I would love to see come back is one time Nigerian best player and probably the best player out of Africa , who represented Nigeria in the early/mid 90's , I can't remember his name ( I think Dipo or something like that ) , he played OQUASSAS and even the Brits did a double take when he played the word.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mercy Akide, Perpetua Nkwocha, Oparanozie Send Goodwill Messages To Falcons / Victor Osimhen: I Will Be Available For AFCON 2022 / 178 Games! Ronaldo Overtakes Casillas As The Player With The Most CL Appearances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.