Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,027 members, 7,828,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court (20980 Views)

Evans In Court For Second Arraignment / Photos Of Kidnapper Evans In Court Today / Kidnapper, Evans Arraigned In Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by bouncenews2: 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2017
For the second time in a week, 'billionaire kidnapper', Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly known as Evans has lost an appeal to quash charges preferred against him and others suspects.

Evans lost again on Friday at the Lagos High Court in Igbosere.

Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo threw out two applications filed by Evans to stop his trial.

The judge said the applications lacked merit.

These charges that the defence counsel wanted quashed are separate from the ones the Ikeja division of the Lagos High court throw out days ago.

After the judge's decision, charges were read and Evans again pleaded not guilty.

On November 3, Justice Hakeem Oshodi, at the court in Ikeja threw out an application to quash the trial, insisting that Evans should face trial over charges preferred against him by the Lagos State government.

The 'billionaire kidnapper' is facing charges of conspiracy and kidnap of one Duna Donatus at the Ikeja court.

Ruling on an application brought by Evans to quash the two count charges, Justice Oshodi, said a prima facie case had been established against him.

Justice Oshodi ruled that there was no merit in Evans's application and ruled it out.

Source: http://news.bounce.ng/Content/breaking-evans-loses-in-court-again-20171110

1 Like

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2017
To the best of my knowledge I think these appeals are being done to delay the process. Evans is simply buying time.

Why? I don't know.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by 9jvirgin(m): 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
Why was El Zakzaky, Nnamdi Kanu, and Boko Haram terrorists permanently detained and this guy is not? This clearly shows something is wrong with our nation. Is this guy not worst than a terrorist? VP Osinbajo is a lawyer but the way cases are handled in Nigeria shows we might need to hand over our judicial system to Indonesia or maybe China. Can you imagine that this guy even dresses better than the lawyers and judges in court?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by lollypeezle(m): 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
If you want to sentence this man, just do...
I've never seen justice duly served at the right time in this country

9 Likes

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by nairavsdollars(f): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
Billionaire kidnapper. When he was living big in Magodo, how many people queried his source of wealth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by mykh01(m): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
Owk
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by EnEnPeecee: 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
Evans.!!!!!!

If evans where to be a politician, them for don discharge and acquit am tey tey

Them sabi bend law well

1 Like

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
bouncenews2:
For the second time in a week, 'billionaire kidnapper', Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike...

On November 3, Justice Hakeem Oshodi, at the court in Ikeja threw out an application to quash the trial, insisting that Evans should face trial over charges preferred against him by the Lagos State government.

8 Likes

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by Benwems(m): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
karma is a b1tch
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by Tobilastik(m): 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2017
Oloriburuku somebody

1 Like

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2017
EnEnPeecee:
Evans
who dey call me
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by one4GOD(f): 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
bouncenews2:
For the second time in a week, 'billionaire kidnapper', Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly known as Evans has lost an appeal to quash charges preferred against him and others suspects.

Evans lost again on Friday at the Lagos High Court in Igbosere.

Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo threw out two applications filed by Evans to stop his trial.

The judge said the applications lacked merit.

These charges that the defence counsel wanted quashed are separate from the ones the Ikeja division of the Lagos High court throw out days ago.

After the judge's decision, charges were read and Evans again pleaded not guilty.

The 'billionaire kidnapper' is facing charges of conspiracy and kidnap of one Duna Donatus at the Ikeja court.

Ruling on an application brought by Evans to quash the two count charges, Justice Oshodi, said a prima facie case had been established against him.

Justice Oshodi ruled that there was no merit in Evans's application and ruled it out.

Source: http://news.bounce.ng/Content/breaking-evans-loses-in-court-again-20171110

If I am not mistaken, the woman besides him is also standing trial with him right? but who come do her hair for her abi nah hair wey she do since be that. just asking..

1 Like

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by teacherbim(f): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
Mteww, person we them don suppose to electrocute since, you can never escape

1 Like

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by Articul8(m): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
He shld keep laffin oo. The more he laff,the longer his jail term
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by oyoyoyo: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
lol
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by oz4real83(m): 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
The NBA needs to be proactive and up their game against some of its members who because of money always play hide and seek game all for the purpose of delaying justice. I am not satisfied with just throwing away such fictitious applications. Such lawyers should be sanctioned to prevent future occurence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by maj59(m): 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2017
breaking free

2 Shares

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by EnEnPeecee: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
grayht:
who dey call me
u be evan

Abeg no kidnap me ooo angry
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by Florblu(f): 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
This country's judicial system is a SCUM
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by badbreath(f): 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
I think its high time this man's case is executed!
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by vani86: 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
badbreath:
I think its high time this man's case is executed!

agree with you 100%.

Tired of hearing about him

1 Like

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by Kendroid: 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
tongue
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by shineeye1: 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
Sometimes this rule of law de tire me. This is a wanton killer of innocent men , a source of sorrow to families being accorded such niceties in court , in the name of rule of law! This is certainly a gross abuse of justice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by ipobarecriminals: 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
cheesy wink angry sad shocked angry grin grin embarassed cool sad cheesy cheesy wink smiley sad shocked angry angry grin
grayht:
[/quote] angry[quote author=grayht post=62249745]
PIGS.Operation rescue Piglet
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by psalmsjob: 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
Plasmbob1:
To the best of my knowledge I think these appeals are being done to delay the process. Evans is simply buying time.

Why? I don't know.

He is buying time to evade justice if there's really anything like evading Justice for real when we all know ordinary karma is a bit.chgrin

Dear Kidnapper kingpin, your time was up the day you got caught.grin
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by GaniuKazeeem(m): 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
[quote author=9jvirgin]Why was El Zakzaky, Nnamdi Kanu, and Boko Haram terrorists permanently detained and this guy is not? This clearly shows something is wrong with our nation. Is this guy not worst than a terrorist? VP Osinbajo is a lawyer but the way cases are handled in Nigeria shows we might need to hand over our judicial system to Indonesia or maybe China. Can you imagine that this guy even dresses better than the lawyers and judges in court?
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by AntiWailer: 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
What useless news is this ?

Is he suppose to win before ?
Re: Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court by GavelSlam: 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Billionaire kidnapper. When he was living big in Magodo, how many people queried his source of wealth?

When you question here on nairaland people would say you are envious.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peacemaker Gets Punched In The Face While Settling A Fight in Lagos / Police Flee As Robbers Attack Commuters In Rivers / How Dismissed Lagos Civil Servant Used Bank Statements, Alerts To Defraud (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.