Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:49 PM

How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You (46172 Views)

How Drinking Water Can Be DEADLY For You / This Is What Your Kidney Would Look Like, If You Dont Drink Much Water (photos / Water Could Be Deadly For An Infant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by FitnessDoctor: 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hello, guy, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

Take 8 - 10 glasses of water per day.

This is a health rule so many health professionals stick to, in fact, I echo it all over my blog posts anything I get a chance.

Normally, I would recommend you drink according to what your body tells you since everyone's body mass varies, but that might just be bad advice as well.

According to healthcare professionals, there is such a thing as drinking excess water and they complications are deadly.

Healthcare professionals have warned of the dangers of telling people to “drink plenty of fluids” after a woman was admitted to hospital with water intoxication.

After developing symptoms of a urinary tract infection, the 59-year-old increased her water intake, drinking more than half a pint every 30 minutes, which she hoped would “flush out her system.”

However, she quickly fell seriously ill and was admitted to King’s College hospital with dangerously low levels of salt in her blood, a potentially fatal condition if left untreated.

In the British Medical Journal case report, doctors Laura Christine Lee and Maryann Noronha asked: “We frequently advise our patients to ‘drink plenty of fluids’ and ‘keep well hydrated’ when they are unwell. But, what do we mean by that? Are there potential risks of this apparently harmless advice?”

The report describes how their patient’s condition continued to worsen after she was admitted to hospital.

“During her visit to the emergency department, she became progressively shaky and muddled. She vomited several times, was tremulous and exhibited significant speech difficulties,” they wrote.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

“Throughout the day she had consumed several liters of water based on medical advice she recalled from previous similar episodes.”

Water intoxication although a well-documented symptom of some endurance sports can be deadly with symptoms including vomiting, headaches and nausea and in serious cases, confusion, seizures, coma, and death.

However, there are lower chances of water intoxication if you are drinking water according to what your body tells you, rather than going overboard because you read online that 8 - 10 glasses of water or nothing else.

So there you have it.

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/11/here-is-how-drinking-too-much-water-can.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
Very soon it will be....

How farting makes you weak and affects your blood

157 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by LadySarah: 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2017
All in all water is good,i've seen its wonders in my life.The key to everything is moderation

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by nikkypearl(f): 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
Very soon it will be....

shocked grin cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2017

2 Likes

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Amarabae(f): 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
Very soon it will be....

lols.
Give this a medal pls

5 Likes

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Greenbuoy(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
Humanity is confused!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by FitnessDoctor: 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
Very soon it will be.... How farting makes you weak and affects your blood

Greenbuoy:
Humanity is confused!

Patience is a virtue, learn to be patient to read and understand. Too much of everything is bad and that is what this post is about. Too much water is bad, too less water is bad, but the right amount is healthy and good for you.

Where is the confusion?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by IAMSASHY(f): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
undecided how many glasses is d right amount?
FitnessDoctor:

Patience is a virtue, learn to be patient to read and understand. Too much of everything is bad and that is what this post is about. Too much water is bad, too less water is bad, but the right amount is healthy and good for you.

Where is the confusion?

3 Likes

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by FitnessDoctor: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
IAMSASHY:
undecided how many glasses is d right amount?

That totally depends on your body weight/mass, your metabolic rate, your daily activities etc. But around 6 - 10 glasses per day should be good enough
Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by IAMSASHY(f): 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
K, tnx
FitnessDoctor:

That totally depends on your body weight/mass, your metabolic rate, your daily activities etc. But around 6 - 10 glasses per day should be good enough
Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by BasketballGURU(m): 2:03am On Nov 11, 2017
Yes, I READ ABOUT THIS SOMEWHERE
Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 11, 2017
BasketballGURU:

nah, it i red this somewhere

after all ur gaga with jude n kashy u still no get something upstairs lipsrsealed
Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by BasketballGURU(m): 2:13am On Nov 11, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:

nah, it i red this somewhere

after all ur gaga with jude n kashy u still no get something upstairs lipsrsealed

GOOD THING YOU'RE RETIRED gringrin hahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 11, 2017
BasketballGURU:

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by paradigmshift(m): 9:44am On Nov 11, 2017
u drink small water, u get problem and you drink too much, u get problem. abeg make una dey go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2017
BasketballGURU:

Bright Side I guess
Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Sunnycliff(m): 9:45am On Nov 11, 2017
So water even get overdose baa!
Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Sabadon(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2017
water toxicity hyperhydration
Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Explorers(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by thunderbabs: 9:46am On Nov 11, 2017
Science and fake news is like Trump and North Korea's president

3 Likes

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Sexytemi(f): 9:47am On Nov 11, 2017
One day soon I'm so sure we're going to read about breathing in too much air is bad lipsrsealed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Samusu(m): 9:48am On Nov 11, 2017
Something most surely kill a man grin

1 Like

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Agimor(m): 9:49am On Nov 11, 2017
Every day do these do that. The next thing will be why we shouldn't go to hustle hustling has a negative impact on ones health.

1 Like

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by lonelydora: 9:51am On Nov 11, 2017
A very big lie. I have been drinking a lot of water from childhood till date, and i see clearly. Water is good. There's no negativity with water.

"Water no get enemy "...so says a song.

Meanwhile

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Pvibe007: 9:52am On Nov 11, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Big or Small glass or paraga shot kinda glass?? grin
Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 11, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

it's too small though.. At least I use to take 5 liters per day

1 Like

Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by MorataFC: 9:54am On Nov 11, 2017
grin
Re: How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 11, 2017
Nawa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercyships Surgically Transforms The Life Of A Boy (Before & After Pics) / 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.