Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired (2370 Views)

I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me / Please Advice, Should I Attend A Job Interview I Didn't Meet The Cut Off? / A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by wristbangle: 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
I HIRED a candidate who didn’t meet the educational requirements. She didn’t have an MBA.

Here’s why:

It came down to her and another candidate. I liked her humility. The other candidate was very boastful about the college he went to and his accomplishments. The HR manager was really impressed with him.

As the hiring manager, I had the final decision and I chose her. She turned out to be an excellent team player.

I have learned over the years that having a degree does not make you better at performing at a job. It does not override qualities as humility, authenticity and integrity.

"My biggest MISTAKE is probably weighing too much on someone's talent and not someone's personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart." —Elon Musk

In today's world, we need to place higher metrics on these qualities because they are becoming extinct.

Agree?

Check out Brigette Hyacinth on LinkedIn: HIRE Character, Train for skill. https:///epnvRMh

cc: Lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by DozieInc(m): 2:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
Qualification without integrity is doubtful. Op nice one.

1 Like

Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by Caseless: 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
That's why my university will still check your character before they can give you first class. If your character is bad, they deny you this grade even if you deserve it.

They emphasize so much on , "both of character and learning"
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
There's always a reason...the universe just favoured her, it's probably her turn, call it fasting and prayer, divine favour, luck, etc..making you look away from a qualified person to her....

On another day the show off that pissed u off about the guy u rejected will be thee same thing that will make u hire another, and that day u won't tag it as boastful but as display of confidence and and self worth...

When it's ur day...its just ur day..

15 Likes

Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by nedu2000(m): 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2017
It is this your style that got those 22,000 kaduna teachers hired in the first place.
Or maybe because she is female?!
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by yebzman: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2017
Would you make the same choice if it where two men?
Were it a choice between persons of the same gender I would readily agree with you on the personality. But I think you 'Actually' hired her because she is a lady and many atimes men overlook the faults, limitation of ladies.
Because I don't understand why you would not take a more qualified, confident person ( I doubt listing Education, Achievements in an interview is being boastful).
Well, it was her Job, God favoured her.
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by wristbangle: 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
yebzman:
Would you make the same choice if it where two men?
Were it a choice between persons of the same gender I would readily agree with you on the personality. But I think you 'Actually' hired her because she is a lady and many atimes men overlook the faults, limitation of ladies.
Because I don't understand why you would not take a more qualified, confident person ( I doubt listing, Education, Achievements in an interview is being boastful).
Well, it was her Job, God favoured her.

If I'm the Hiring Manager, I would go for the humble one. Someone who is too boastful may end up messing the company's reputation with his pride.
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
I agree to an extent because i know that having the right attitude over weighs paper qualifications but then it depends on the hiring practice of the organization. Also you should know that hiring outside of requirement is unprofessional, so if an MBA was not required, then why was it specified?
Most recruiting firms make their first judgement based on whats on the CV and i doubt if someone without proper credentials will make it through this stage.

And if i may ask, what makes you think the other person wont be a nice fit on the job or might have a bad attitude towards the job, because what you call boasting, to me i see as a display of self confidence......................... so to me, you made a good decision but not the best one.
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by yildaz: 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2017
wristbangle:
I HIRED a candidate who didn’t meet the educational requirements. She didn’t have an MBA.

Here’s why:

It came down to her and another candidate. I liked her humility. The other candidate was very boastful about the college he went to and his accomplishments. The HR manager was really impressed with him.

As the hiring manager, I had the final decision and I chose her. She turned out to be an excellent team player.

I have learned over the years that having a degree does not make you better at performing at a job. It does not override qualities as humility, authenticity and integrity.

"My biggest MISTAKE is probably weighing too much on someone's talent and not someone's personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart." —Elon Musk

In today's world, we need to place higher metrics on these qualities because they are becoming extinct.

Agree?

Check out my new post (Brigette Hyacinth) : HIRE Character, Train for skill. https:///epnvRMh

You hired her because she is female and beautiful. You can never hire a man who does not have the requirements.

So Mr HR stop these unnecessary
quotes. It seems your conscience is hunting you
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by yildaz: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
Castroii:
I agree to an extent because i know that having the right attitude over weighs paper qualifications but then it depends on the hiring practice of the organization. Also you should know that hiring outside of requirement is unprofessional, so if an MBA was not required, then why was it specified?
Most recruiting firms make their first judgement based on whats on the CV and i doubt if someone without proper credentials will make it through this stage.

And if i may ask, what makes you think the other person wont be a nice fit on the job or might have a bad attitude towards the job, because what you call boasting, to me i see as a display of self confidence......................... so to me, you made a good decision but not the best one.

Don't mind the stupid HR. He made a nonsense decision. He feels the overqualified will be a competitor thus hired a beautiful lady who he can boss and have his way.

These are the foolish HR who will be canvassing people to write certifications and other advanced qualification to boost one CV. Just because of the benefit you seek to get from the beautiful lady, you turn the table.

You have no values nonsense HR. If it were to be that the guy fumbled in his interview, then we can sense your irrational decision.

2 Likes

Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by free2ryhme: 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
wristbangle:

Here’s why:

Agree?

Check out my new post (Brigette Hyacinth) : HIRE Character, Train for skill. https:///epnvRMh

if you are not Brigette Hyacinth

why claim to be Brigette Hyacinth

you have no integrity and himility

dont steal what belongs to another
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by dingbang(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
This can't happen in the medical field And law field...

But the writer had a reason for hiring her anyways.

Some jobs require skill

Some jobs require theoretical knowledge

Some jobs require referral

Some jobs require attitude and character..

So she was only lucky the hiring manager was looking out for attitude and character.

My 2 naira

2 Likes

Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by dingbang(m): 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
But wait o...what is the basic qualification to attain the position of the president of the federal republic of nigeria grin
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by wristbangle: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
free2ryhme:

if you are not Brigette Hyacinth

why claim to be Brigette Hyacinth

you have no integrity and himility

dont steal what belongs to another

That was a mistake on my path. Ofcourse I always give credit to the original writer. I did not edit that part well.

Now I can see why some people are throwing tantrums at me thinking I am the writer lol cheesy
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by Jman06(m): 8:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
@op, you only chose her because she is a lady! I'm sure you must have been carried away by her sexual appeal! Yes! We know how male managers automatically turn to puppets at the sight of a pretty lady. Forget about all the bullsh1t story about the guy being boastful about his education and all that. I wonder what the guy might have said that made you conclude he is boastful. He only fell victim to your insatiable desire for the female flesh!

This is why many companies are folding up! Because they put foolz in critical decision-making positions. Can you imagine! If I own a company in the future, i will be very careful with the kind of people i put in certain positions.

You are just a dog mr Op

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by abdoullerh: 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
Probably. Its no new thing around here
nedu2000:
It is this your style that got those 22,000 kaduna teachers hired in the first place.
Or maybe because she is female?!
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by Mutuwa(m): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
wristbangle:

Here’s why:

Agree?

Check out Brigette Hyacinth on LinkedIn: HIRE Character, Train for skill. https:///epnvRMh

I would have done same if I hold your position.Aside from a certificate, there is a "Sabificate" it is innate and one cannot pretend he/she has if he/she doesn't.Some times,somethings must not be done in conventional ways.
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by Jman06(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
I wish you could let us know how you tested the guy's humility.
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by wristbangle: 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
Jman06:
@op, you only chose her because she is a lady! I'm sure you must have been carried away by her sexual appeal! Yes! We know how male managers automatically turn to puppets at the sight of a pretty lady. Forget about all the bullsh1t story about the guy being boastful about his education and all that. I wonder what the guy might have said that made you conclude he is boastful. He only fell victim to your insatiable desire for the female flesh!

This is why many companies are folding up! Because they put foolz in critical decision-making positions. Can you imagine! If I own a company in the future, i will be very careful with the kind of people i put in certain positions.

You are just a dog mr Op

Bloody hell grin

The story was curled from LinkedIn. I'm not the one who wrote it na lol
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by AjiAmu(m): 5:56am On Nov 11, 2017
Just say she met your sexual requirements
Re: She Didn't Meet The Educational Requirements Yet She Was Hired by Jman06(m): 6:41am On Nov 11, 2017
wristbangle:

Bloody hell grin

The story was curled from LinkedIn. I'm not the one who wrote it na lol
Oh. Sorry then.

Whoever that wrote it is a fool.

(1) (Reply)

Ogs@petroleumafrica.com / ... / Data Entry Personel Needed - Closed.... Slot already full.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.