Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! (2083 Views)

My Girl Is Stressing Me. What Should I Do Please? (photo) / My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With / I Resigned From Work In Lagos, Relocated To Abuja To Be With My Girl & Get A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
Good evening mother's in the house. I have twin(identical girls) who a year and 2 weeks now.
The second among them detest food with passion, and its affecting her. Whenever you bring any meal around her, she takes off. If you try forcing her, she will cry and fight.

It kills me each time this happens. I checked their weight 2 days ago. The first weighed 9.4, while the one in question weighed 8.7.

Though they are very identical and confuses even me at times, but the first one is beginning to be a bit chubbier than her.

Note, she barely falls sick, and is very healthy. But won't eat at all.

What should I do to ensure that she start eating like the sister who eats very well
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by SpyAC(m): 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
Go buy super appetite syrup nd give both of dem, afta taking it, there will be a change

4 Likes

Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by MhizzAJ(f): 7:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
I don't think it's right to take Super Appetite except it's being prescribed by a doctor

Try and introduce something different to your girl like a new kinda food
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by Teaveapoet(f): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
Ask her what she wants before making it.
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by boredom: 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
My son, now 11 was like that....he will have a 3wk period where he only eats bread and hot chocolate and biscuits.....then fot 1wk he ll eat anything you give him and after that week is up, he goes back to the 3wk routine.. ..this was our lifestyle till he turned 5....he didnr start eating cereals till he was 9 (only bcoz at a sleepover, his friends were served cereals)

My othet child on the other hand, eats all sorts from amala to potatoes to moinmoin from when she was 6Months....point is, each child is different.
Encourage her with foods she likes and then gradually introduce other foods like x1 spoon every other meal tp x3 spoons.....also feed her in the presence of other kids cos kids often imitate each other

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:
I don't think it's right to take Super Appetite except it's being prescribed by a doctor

Try and introduce something different to your girl like a new kinda food

We have tried all types of meals, but she wouldn't eat. Just yesterday, I noticed she loves tea. In fact, she drank it like her life depends on it. But the issue is, she can't just be taking just tea at her age.
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
Teaveapoet:
Ask her what she wants before making it.

Not sure you read my write up. Nigerians are always in a haste. I should ask a year old what she wants?

5 Likes

Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by MhizzAJ(f): 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
richyblink1:

We have tried all types of meals, but she wouldn't eat. Just yesterday, I noticed she loves tea. In fact, she drank it like her life depends on it. But the issue is, she can't just be taking just tea at her age.

Children really love taking tea...I've seen couple of them like that

I woulda said you should introduce junk food but it's not healthy

Maybe she'll outgrow that habit of not eating with time cheesy
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
SpyAC:
Go buy super appetite syrup nd give both of dem, afta taking it, there will be a change

Hope it has no side effect? Besides, its the second twin that's not eating.
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by mrphysics(m): 8:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
Kids are like that. I prefer to drink and drink any liquid than food. But I noticed that after drinking, I get very hungry which forced me for start eating.

Try giving her lots of drinks to take.
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Children really love taking tea...I've seen couple of them like that

I woulda said you should introduce junk food but it's not healthy

Maybe she'll outgrow that habit of not eating with time cheesy

I pray she does. She has been like this since birth
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
mrphysics:
Kids are like that. I prefer to drink and drink any liquid than food. But I noticed that after drinking, I get very hungry which forced me for start eating.

Try giving her lots of drinks to take.

Drinks like?
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by MhizzAJ(f): 8:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
richyblink1:

I pray she does. She has been like this since birth

Not too worry smiley
She will
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Not too worry smiley
She will

Amen!

This evening I was eating indomie, the other twin joined and almost finished the whole meals. But when I asked wifey to try feeding the one in question, she fought and did not even take a spoon
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Not too worry smiley
She will

Amen!

This evening I was eating indomie, the other twin joined and almost finished the whole meal. But when I asked wifey to try feeding the one in question, she fought and did not even take a spoon
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by MhizzAJ(f): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
richyblink1:

Amen!

This evening I was eating indomie, the other twin joined and almost finished the whole meal. But when I asked wifey to try feeding the one in question, she fought and did not even take a spoon

Awwww cheesy
She'll be fine...trust me
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by orbis(m): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2017
Try her with strawberry and some good old ice cream filled with peanuts and stuff. Atleast that shoukd help with nutritional needs
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
orbis:
Try her with strawberry and some good old ice cream filled with peanuts and stuff. Atleast that shoukd help with nutritional needs

Hope all these won't have health challenge for her, as she is only a year
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by Teaveapoet(f): 9:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
richyblink1:

Not sure you read my write up. Nigerians are always in a haste. I should ask a year old what she wants?

She is your daughter nah, you could ask her with sign gestures. you can start by showing her a packet of noodles or other items . if she wants she will grab it and wants to eat.
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by LadySarah: 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
richyblink1:
Good evening mother's in the house. I have twin(identical girls) who a year and 2 weeks now.
The second among them detest food with passion, and its affecting her. Whenever you bring any meal around her, she takes off. If you try forcing her, she will cry and fight.

It kills me each time this happens. I checked their weight 2 days ago. The first weighed 9.4, while the one in question weighed 8.7.

Though they are very identical and confuses even me at times, but the first one is beginning to be a bit chubbier than her.

Note, she barely falls sick, and is very healthy. But won't eat at all.

What should I do to ensure that she start eating like the sister who eats very well

go to health section,newborn thread snd ask ur question.plenty mamas are there to answer snd guide you.
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
LadySarah:

go to health section,newborn thread snd ask ur question.plenty mamas are there to answer snd guide you.

OK. Thanks
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by LadySarah: 10:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
richyblink1:

Hope all these won't have health challenge for her, as she is only a year

also when last was she dewormed,loss of appetite could present as asymptom.take her to a doc
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 5:09am On Nov 11, 2017
LadySarah:

also when last was she dewormed,loss of appetite could present as asymptom.take her to a doc

How many times do you deworm a year old?

Mind you, she is been like this since birth. And I have taken her to the hospital severally
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by LadySarah: 9:16am On Nov 11, 2017
richyblink1:

How many times do you deworm a year old?

Mind you, she is been like this since birth. And I have taken her to the hospital severally

every 6 mths.
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by HoluwarTohbar(f): 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
OP don't worry, she will come around. Since she likes tea, let her have it as often as she wants but don't make it too concentrated for ease of digestion and stooling. Also do not relent in presenting her food each time even though she will likely reject it. Give her some diluted yogourt too. cheesy
She will be fine and so would you.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by doubletroublmum(f): 12:00am On Nov 19, 2017
Hi if your daughter prefers drinking, please try baby milk?! Maybe that helps to cover the missing vitamins. Mine did the same til the age of two years, sometimes eating, sometimes refusing it. I've got twin girls too, four years old now, and one is always more choosier about food than the other one. Good luck �
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by baby124: 1:47am On Nov 19, 2017
doubletroublmum:
Hi if your daughter prefers drinking, please try baby milk?! Maybe that helps to cover the missing vitamins. Mine did the same til the age of two years, sometimes eating, sometimes refusing it. I've got twin girls too, four years old now, and one is always more choosier about food than the other one. Good luck �
This is a good idea. OP, it's a phase, she will soon overcome it. She's just picky with what she eats. So you will have to stick with baby milk and slowly try different things to see which foods she likes. You just have a daughter with a mind of her own, and another that is more open minded. They are both displaying their different personalities for you, even though they are identical.
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by Eketem: 6:27am On Nov 19, 2017
richyblink1:

Then learn to negotiate with her.

Tell her see tea if you eat your food I will give you tea. If you eat your food you can play with your toys.

Also start with small portions, large portions can be scary. Please don't give any drugs except prescribed by a doctor.
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by richyblink1(m): 6:31am On Nov 19, 2017
Eketem:

Then learn to negotiate with her.

Tell her see tea if you eat your food I will give you tea. If you eat your food you can play with your toys.

Also start with small portions, large portions can be scary. Please don't give any drugs except prescribed by a doctor.

How do I negotiate with a year old?
Re: My Girl Is Not Eating, Help!!! by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 19, 2017
richyblink1:

You just said you force her. That makes eating an unenjoyable task. That's why she detests food.

I year olds can chose their own food by the way. Some niece of mine refused to eat baby food when we tried to wean her. She only ate what the rest of us ate at the table. That could be a challenge in Nigeria with all the pepper in the food though grin

(1) (Reply)

Single Ladies Beware Of Family Rooms. / Water Wan Pass Garri! I Need Help Please / Which Bank Can Help Me Save Up Money To Get A New Car In 2015?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.