Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Cramming: Right Or Wrong? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cramming: Right Or Wrong? (661 Views)

Is Reading Aloud Cramming? / Is Cramming Effective For Scholars? / Learn How To Generate Multiplication Table Without Cramming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cramming: Right Or Wrong? by Nwekevic: 8:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
Cramming: This can also be referred to as mugging, swotting. 

Definition: It may be defined as the practice of absorbing large information in a short time. 

When Scholars struggle Wether successfully or not to absorb an academic information that normally requires time and dedication,   in short period of time and speed, it can be said that such student or reader is engaging in Cramming.

Many resort to summarizing a whole page with one or two alphabets for the purpose of just passing examination, test or interview. 

A lot of Scholars and teachers have expressed divergent views on swotting or Cramming. 
Read more at:��
http://vintrends.com/2017/11/10/cramming-mugging-right-or-wrong/

Re: Cramming: Right Or Wrong? by mrbillz(m): 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
There's nothing wrong with cramming. It depicts so much about the brain prowes.

However, it all depends on the purpose of cramming. There's are some things you just can't understand, no matter how hard you try to assimilate and comprehend. You just need to cram...

My submission!
Re: Cramming: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
the best thing that has ever happened to nigerian school system is cramming.
Re: Cramming: Right Or Wrong? by mrbillz(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
dayo2me:
You're not far from the truth cool
Re: Cramming: Right Or Wrong? by Deicide: 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2017
I know a girl that can cram a whole text book in her head
Re: Cramming: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
dayo2me:

Cramming is not only in Nigerian school system. It is everywhere.

Believe me.
Re: Cramming: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
Deicide:
I know a girl that can cram a whole text book in her head

So? We should now be running bah?
Re: Cramming: Right Or Wrong? by davbravo(m): 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
it depends..... sometimes you just need to cram..........Nigerian educational system favours those that cram. Some lecturers prefer you give them their note word for word. So for me when it comes to incourses and exams, I cram and understand ( understanding the material helps for MCQ while I cram and also add the knowledge gotten from my understanding for theory)

(1) (Reply)

Uniuyo Released 2017/2018 First Batch UTME Admission List / T / "No Record Found" Uniabuja PUTME 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.