Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) (31728 Views)

Colourful Pictures From The Anambra State New Yam Festival / Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) / Igbos Celebrate New Yam Festival In Ghana (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by correctguy101(m): 7:33am On Nov 13, 2017
onatisi:

ghanians love burials more than weddings ooo

infact they hardly celebrate wedding , but burial ceremonies they dont joke with it

It's obvious cheesy
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by Augustap(f): 7:50am On Nov 13, 2017
mysteryman2014:

Thief maybe Blackmaria
Fada lawd grin

Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by ClitoPen: 8:09am On Nov 13, 2017
Which one will the coffin makers get?
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by liljboy(m): 8:15am On Nov 13, 2017
this people... their brain dey "one corner"
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by akigbemaru: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2017
ScotFree:
Every culture has its unique funeral customs; but the most interesting ones usually come from those cultures that celebrate death instead of mourning it. Such is the way in Ghana, who honor their deceased ancestors by sending them off in the most insanely elaborate coffins you have probably ever seen. Larger-than-life-sized Nike trainers, Coca-Cola bottles, naked women, grand pianos. . . they can all serve as caskets for the dead.

In this Gold Coast Nation, the dead are seen as protectors of the living - spirits that dwell among us and interact with us on a daily basis. For this reason, it's important to keep the dead happy. One way to do that is to send them off in style, ferried to the hereafter encased in a one-of-a-kind work of art - a fantasy coffin.
Unless you've got a sense of humor about these things, it does seem a little morbid at first. But what's wrong with enjoying those last few moments of life with the people we love the most? After all, the Ghana fantasy coffin business has in itself become a great boon to the living of Ghana. And dead or alive, you have to appreciate that kind of legacy. Photos below. Read for more info after the photos.

cc bigfrancis21, Fulaman198, odumchi
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by Ifiegboria(m): 8:57am On Nov 13, 2017
Hmmm
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2017
THEY MISSED CONDOM COFFIN FOR BLEEPERS.
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 13, 2017
mysteryman2014:

Thief maybe Blackmaria
Stay guided
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by bettyLad(f): 9:50am On Nov 13, 2017
my question is , how many feet grave ll b dug for all this coffins .i thought the basic is 6 feet ..!!

1 Like

Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by squarelead(m): 9:54am On Nov 13, 2017
Creativity, at least we won't see the usual any longer. I love this creativity
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by poposki33: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2017
This one surprise me o

So person wet be say na pure water him sell till death na pure water coffin him go get so him go continue him struggle for the hear after
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by poposki33: 10:24am On Nov 13, 2017
ClitoPen:
Which one will the coffin makers get?

They will be given all of them
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by 02Kebreal(m): 11:45am On Nov 13, 2017
E BE LIKE SAY THIS COFFIN THE MAKE DEATH HUNGARY THIS OP...
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
bettyLad:
my question is , how many feet grave ll b dug for all this coffins .i thought the basic is 6 feet ..!!

Yes, six is assumed to be the standard but grave sizes differ according to needs, size of the coffin, size of the person to be buried ( most people don't dig up to 6 feets for a child) , topography and even people in swampy areas or places with the water table close to the surface use different depth when digging graves.
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by Sugar97(f): 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
crunchyg:
It's nice, at least it will reduce the scary feelings of seeing a normal casket, don't you think so?

Hmmm...perhaps. But then, what's a "normal" casket? Cos what we consider strange might be normal to them. I'm thinking that's their idea of a normal casket
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by crunchyg: 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
Sugar97:

Hmmm...perhaps. But then, what's a "normal" casket? Cos what we consider strange might be normal to them. I'm thinking that's their idea of a normal casket
Hhhmm that's an intelligent reasoning, you there. Thanks for making it more clearer to me
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by crunchyg: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2017
Sugar97:

Hey beautiful
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by Sugar97(f): 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
crunchyg:

Hey beautiful

Hi smiley

Hope u haven't been thinking about coffins cheesy grin
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by crunchyg: 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
Sugar97:

Hi smiley

Hope u haven't been thinking about coffins cheesy grin
Hahahaha, how can I see a beauty like you and be thinking about coffin, God forbid. How was your day today dear
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by Sugar97(f): 9:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
crunchyg:

Hahahaha, how can I see a beauty like you and be thinking about coffin, God forbid. How was your day today dear

Lol...u sounded like normal coffins really scare u cheesy

Day was just there...urs?
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by crunchyg: 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2017
Sugar97:

I won't lie sha, there was a time it used to scare me but not anymore, I can even play with it now, see it like ordinary furniture now. You sound like a fun person, that's good
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by crunchyg: 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2017
Sugar97:

Are you on WhatsApp?
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by Sugar97(f): 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2017
crunchyg:

Are you on WhatsApp?

Yea
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by crunchyg: 10:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
Sugar97:

Yea
Can I have your your number?
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by Sugar97(f): 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2017
crunchyg:

Can I have your your number?

Uhmm...something u want to talk about?
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by crunchyg: 11:36pm On Nov 17, 2017
Sugar97:

Uhmm...something u want to talk about?
Yes ooo, plenty ooo. " if I start to talk, the thing wey my see, my sister e no go end"......singing
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by Sugar97(f): 8:46am On Nov 18, 2017
crunchyg:

Yes ooo, plenty ooo. " if I start to talk, the thing wey my see, my sister e no go end"......singing

Lol...oya start
Re: The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) by crunchyg: 8:58am On Nov 18, 2017
Sugar97:

Lol...oya start
Hahaha give the digits na let me start

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Suspends Chief Priest / What Is Odogwu; Why Do Igbo Guys Call Themselves That / Alaafin Told Us His Forefathers Were Calling Him Two Weeks Ago - Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.