Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday (18492 Views)

NASU And SSANU To Begin Indefinite Strike February 5 / ASUP To Begin Strike On December 12 / ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike November 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday by StankovicEgeni(m): 8:41am On Nov 12, 2017
The country's educational system is Alice in wonder land .
Re: ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday by enemyofprogress: 8:45am On Nov 12, 2017
Yes oooooooo, let's go there. See you in campus in march 2018
Re: ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday by charles2044: 8:57am On Nov 12, 2017
designVATExcel:

Very well said. Though I heard in the news many months back that the government was considering / starting this.

It's just na Naija we dey, people will either willingly protest or be paid to.

Just like with JAMB, I expected every Nigerian to support the proposal to extend JAMBs validity.
Reverse was however the case, it was still politicised.

U did not get the news right thou!! FG is only trying to abolish HND BSc Dichotomy
Re: ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday by bolatito2017(f): 9:15am On Nov 12, 2017
Asup has come again, they should plz chill up and let me through with my ND program oo
Re: ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:53am On Nov 12, 2017
And this is a bad news for my frnd to even make it worst they are finishing their exam this week Thursday if Asup goes on strike it will be devastated for her and her colleagues or else if her skul go ahead with their remaining exams.

Nig n strikes though abi they swear 4 una
Re: ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday by micflo28(m): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2017
wink2015:
I would want the federal government to scrap the HND aspect of the polytechnic. Inorder words the polytechnic should only run OND and end it there.

Anyone or student seeking for Higher degree should go to the university and take Bsc or BA program.

I am saying it because HND degree are not even recognised for senior graduate jobs or even admission to masters degree program.

The HND program should be scrapped. Graduates of HND degree should be encourage to go for 2 years Bsc or Btech or BA program to get a full university degree. This will finally end the much talked about HND or Bsc dichotomy.

As for the strike action, I think the federal government is taking too much burden hences there should be devolution of most of its over bloated functions to state.
You are creative, but a whole lot needs to go in to actualize that. 1) More Universities needs to be created to increase the carrying capacity and judging from the meagre funds thrown to education, I wonder if it is feasible. 2) HND lecturers from the polytechnics needs to update their academic qualifications to be incorporated into the universities that absolved their students 3) The grades acquired from the OND level must be transmitted to the Universities and in a less cumbersome manner....
Re: ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday by sofiaelvis(f): 11:31am On Nov 12, 2017
Aye mi my life but why na
Re: ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday by Danjuma827(m): 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
This future of this country is getting to something else. How can the life of our students be used to play politics
Re: ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday by otuabasi(m): 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
MEHN!! dis is geting out of hand o...God help us
Re: ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday by Malocity(m): 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
same here. Which schl?

Rivers State Polytechnic but Now Ken Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Bori.
Re: ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday by farouklawal4(m): 3:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
Oga o! Nawa for dis strike o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why A Mathematician Is Preferred To Someone Who Studied Banking For Bank Job / / Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.