Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,209 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Arise O Thou That Sleepeth - Ephesian. 5:14 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Arise O Thou That Sleepeth - Ephesian. 5:14 (354 Views)

Arise O Sleepers: Those Who Love Sleep Become Poor / Arise O Thou That Sleepeth / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arise O Thou That Sleepeth - Ephesian. 5:14 by crayon001(m): 9:42am On Nov 12, 2017
There is a massive revolution against the modern day church in every part of the world. Christians are being persecuted by heathens and nay-sayers. I have tried to understand why this became a trend and my fingers are pointing at me, you and all Christian folk.

Why won't they bad-mouth the church? Check yourself and tell me if we are not our own problems. Christianity have been bastardized with unfounded doctrines and the taste for its practice is speedily becoming stale. Our pastors are now CEOs of the church instead of shepherds. Our choristers are angels in church and harlots out there. Double standard everywhere.

Talks of tithes and the doctrine, pastors living for themselves, Christians leading bad lives, millions of churches (more like business centres) everywhere and the moral decay in our everyday. All these are indications that the church has wandered away into Egypt. We now rely more on tact, wordplay and charisma instead of the finished work of Christ. "Woe to him that goes to Egypt for help..." -Isaiah 31:1. Christ should come ASAP.

On social media, many supposed Christians are slaying their lives away, forgetting the mandate of Christ. We want to belong to these sinful world at the expense of our souls. Christianity, which should be our way of live, is now just another word. Pastors are globe-trotting, seeking popularity and expansion for their private ministry and in the guise of propagating the message of the gospel. I do no want to be any part of this deceit.

Can I really dissociate myself from a part of the blame? No! I am a huge part of these problems and I know if I were a good example in my neighbourhood, it could create a consciousness in the mind of those around me to be more careful about life. You are as culpable as I am. Until the church rise up to its duties, it's place will continually fade into oblivion. The question is "Shall we continue in sin?".

The good news is all hope is not lost. We can still make a difference. "The world awaits the earnest manifestation of the sons of God" -Romans 8:9. I have resolved to do my bit, will you do yours?
Re: Arise O Thou That Sleepeth - Ephesian. 5:14 by Partnerbiz(f): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2018
saw ur pm
pls contact me on phone below via call or Whatsapp
can't access pm now.
Re: Arise O Thou That Sleepeth - Ephesian. 5:14 by Partnerbiz(f): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2018
saw ur pm
pls contact me on phone below via call or Whatsapp
can't access pm now.

(1) (Reply)

Dbanj Supports Paying Of Tithe / Why Tithes Shouldn't Be Given Wholly To The Poor. / How Does God Distribute Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.