Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves (1845 Views)

Kiss Between Islamic Scholar & His Bride At Their Wedding Sparks Outrage (Photos / Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding / Bride-to-be & Her Bridesmaids Wear Towels For Her Bridal Shower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 5:55am On Nov 13, 2017
Congrats in advance,wedding is beautiful thing!!! I feel so much pressure in wedding preparation and event planners are not helping out with their charges !!if you are a fellow bride to be or you just got married please share your ideas with us !! Every info is useful thanks in advance!!!

1 Like

Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 6:04am On Nov 13, 2017
My first question is what is a decent budget for traditional and white wedding? Matured minds please
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by nigeriancritic1(m): 6:26am On Nov 13, 2017
migeoart:
My first question is what is a decent budget for traditional and white wedding? Matured minds please
My first question is "have you quit for good" and did you know that the honeypot is now an exclusive preserve of your hubby? And i know he is been "choppin" inside and that is a case if stealing from oneself.
Oloshos, take note!
"Every info is useful" hope you will have the heart to count this one useful.
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 6:30am On Nov 13, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

My first question is "have you quit for good" and did you know that the honeypot is now an exclusive preserve of your hubby?
Oloshos, take note!
"Every info is useful"
i don't really understand your commentwhat exactly are you talking about
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 13, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

My first question is "have you quit for good" and did you know that the honeypot is now an exclusive preserve of your hubby? And i know he is been "choppin" inside and that is a case if stealing from oneself.
Oloshos, take note!
"Every info is useful" hope you will have the heart to count this one useful.
This is rather harsh.
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by Wuminity(f): 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
Lemme park here. Here to read comments though,
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
migeoart:

It all depends on wat u want!! A wedding budget can be as low as 500k, 800k to 1m and can be as high as 5m, 10m to 20m. It all depends. I'll suggest u list out smtins and do ur findings on dem:

No of guests xpected
Venue for trad marriage
Venue for reception
Wedding attires n accessories
Decoration n cake
Food n drinks
Photography n video coverage
Souvenirs/programmes
Dj/mc
Etc
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2017
bunches:

It all depends on wat u want!! A wedding budget can be as low as 500k, 800k to 1m and can be as high as 5m, 10m to 20m. It all depends. I'll suggest u list out smtins and do ur findings on dem:

No of guests xpected
Venue for trad marriage
Venue for reception
Wedding attires n accessories
Decoration n cake
Food n drinks
Photography n video coverage
Souvenirs/programmes
Dj/mc
Etc
thank you so much, I believe other brides to be out there still has this questions on their minds
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 6:31am On Nov 15, 2017
Chybeibe:
This is rather harsh.
lolz not everyone is mentally stable grin
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 6:34am On Nov 15, 2017
If you are a make up artist,fashion designer,DJ,mc etc u are free to comment oooo people maybe interested in your services
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
Am a baker n event decorator
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by funlad26(f): 1:06am On Nov 18, 2017
I’m so glad I stumbled on this Post

I’m a 2018 bride too and it’s been driving me nuts

Imagine , events planner is charging me 750k just to plan

Event center said 800k

Aso oke 300k

Wedding dress 250k

We can’t afford all these
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2017
funlad26:
I’m so glad I stumbled on this Post

I’m a 2018 bride too and it’s been driving me nuts

Imagine , events planner is charging me 750k just to plan

Event center said 800k

Aso oke 300k

Wedding dress 250k

We can’t afford all these

I have been feeling same that's why I created this thread so we can help ourselves but I feel you work within your budget,I believe you are in Lagos
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2017
bunches:
Am a baker n event decorator
pls drop your location someone around you may be interested
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
My beautiful brides-to -be pls who is suppose to pay for the bridal train wear
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by gracygem100: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
migeoart:
My beautiful brides-to -be pls who is suppose to pay for the bridal train wear
I think its a matter of choice.
Some brides pay for their wears, some share d responsibility of paying for d wears while others don't pay a penny for their wears. U will decide which part to go with.
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
gracygem100:

I think its a matter of choice.
Some brides pay for their wears, some share d responsibility of paying for d wears while others don't pay a penny for their wears. U will decide which part to go with.
I guess we can share the responsibility I get the fabric they pay for sewing it! Who else agrees with me
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by JewelBukky(f): 10:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
Congratulations to all prospective Brides. In need of Ushers to coordinate and manage your event? Contact us today @ First Lady Ushers. Our ushers are smart, unique, beautiful, well mannered and professionally dressed to suit all occasions with their lovely smiles and polite approaches seeing to your guests needs, making them comfortable. @ First Lady Ushers, 'Absolute Coordination and Management' is our watchword. For further enquiries, call or whatsapp us on 08038137658.

1 Like

Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by Enkay12: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
Wow.. Nice.. Please remember there's still life after wedding ,dont spend all on wedding. I'm here to help, if there is any question
Meanwhile a wedding dress of 250k is damn expensive, there are beautiful and nice dress for less than 100k. I will advice you rent a new gown, dont buy because wedding gown na load o. As for the bridal train, pls use your close friends they wont see it an issue buying and sewing a dress for the success of their friend's wedding.

Well if you are in lagos, Sincraft media can give you a good cover for wedding.
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by nnekaike(f): 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
let me share my personal experience, I got married may 2017,there is life after the wedding nobody will ask you if there is food at home after your wedding except ur parents.infact those who came and enjoyed at wedding will laugh at you if you are not looking fine or in debt after the wedding.
MY wedding was beautiful I must confess.
what helped me was I started planning on time.Don't wait till you fix a date before you start looking for vendors,ask people who have wedded before about there vendors.
my cake maker and decorator are nairalanders.I saw there advert on here,took numbers and discussed.I discussed with about 6 of them each b4 making my choice.
for a 4tier cake with chandelier demarcations and 500 cutouts, plus a first year anniversary cake,she charged me 60k,and the cake was beautiful and sweet.the decor lady charged me 140k(with plenty begging)for 500 capacity.decor included fireworks.
for food,the caterer charged 100k which is very reasonable(she provided 30 servers,cooked the food,transported it to the venue on time did the table setting,went to market,did the serving.infact people ate more than 5times each,she returned excess food to the house).my photographer,infact he was too good.prewedding shoot,traditional pics(I did not pay for trad video) 4 frames,one big photobook,one beautiful table frame for my husband office and 2 video disks and full wedding video(very clear I mean very clear,just like TV) plus soft copies of all our pictures from prewedding shoot all for 160k.
The caterer also did small chops for me,she charged 60k for 500 plates.(samosa,springroll ,puffpuff,gizard)incredibly affordable and the small chops were so good.
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by nnekaike(f): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
for my hair and makeup my CBM did it all,she used it to support my wedding.You don't need an 100k weavon b4 u wed oo,there are nice and affordable weavons out there,mine was 3k,if I don't tell you,you won't know.I made my veil myself,bought the net they use for #600(3 yards) cut it full flare,bought the comb for #50 the small bead.and my veil was beautiful.for my wedding gown,I collected a used gown from an old family friend, she used it 8years ago.so I bought cord bridal net,normal net and bead all for 7k and remoulded the gown,mainly with needle and thread,I gave it full beading.then it
sent to a correct drycleaner.my sisters if u see who can give u gown collect and use,or rent at reasonable prices. Be ur own event planner,hire ur own vendors,be open to people who will give u suggestions, wedding no be secret.
I met my photography in a funny way,my hubby and I went to eternal gems to purchase our wedding bands,after buying, I asked the receptionist if she knows any good photographer and she said yes.then she gave me his contact.Ask anybody for vendors on time,meet with them,see there previous works.ask for there social media handles, see how previous clients rated them,Go to there offices.

1 Like

Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
Enkay12:
Wow.. Nice.. Please remember there's still life after wedding ,dont spend all on wedding. I'm here to help, if there is any question
Meanwhile a wedding dress of 250k is damn expensive, there are beautiful and nice dress for less than 100k. I will advice you rent a new gown, dont buy because wedding gown na load o. As for the bridal train, pls use your close friends they wont see it an issue buying and sewing a dress for the success of their friend's wedding.

Well if you are in lagos, Sincraft media can give you a good cover for wedding.
thank you ma for your advice!
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
nnekaike:
let me share my personal experience, I got married may 2017,there is life after the wedding nobody will ask you if there is food at home after your wedding except ur parents.infact those who came and enjoyed at wedding will laugh at you if you are not looking fine or in debt after the wedding.
MY wedding was beautiful I must confess.
what helped me was I started planning on time.Don't wait till you fix a date before you start looking for vendors,ask people who have wedded before about there vendors.
my cake maker and decorator are nairalanders.I saw there advert on here,took numbers and discussed.I discussed with about 6 of them each b4 making my choice.
for a 4tier cake with chandelier demarcations and 500 cutouts, plus a first year anniversary cake,she charged me 60k,and the cake was beautiful and sweet.the decor lady charged me 140k(with plenty begging)for 500 capacity.decor included fireworks.
for food,the caterer charged 100k which is very reasonable(she provided 30 servers,cooked the food,transported it to the venue on time did the table setting,went to market,did the serving.infact people ate more than 5times each,she returned excess food to the house).my photographer,infact he was too good.prewedding shoot,traditional pics(I did not pay for trad video) 4 frames,one big photobook,one beautiful table frame for my husband office and 2 video disks and full wedding video(very clear I mean very clear,just like TV) plus soft copies of all our pictures from prewedding shoot all for 160k.
The caterer also did small chops for me,she charged 60k for 500 plates.(samosa,springroll ,puffpuff,gizard)incredibly affordable and the small chops were so good.
woooooowww am with biro and paper taking note,I believe others are doing so
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by migeoart(f): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
nnekaike:
for my hair and makeup my CBM did it all,she used it to support my wedding.You don't need an 100k weavon b4 u wed oo,there are nice and affordable weavons out there,mine was 3k,if I don't tell you,you won't know.I made my veil myself,bought the net they use for #600(3 yards) cut it full flare,bought the comb for #50 the small bead.and my veil was beautiful.for my wedding gown,I collected a used gown from an old family friend, she used it 8years ago.so I bought cord bridal net,normal net and bead all for 7k and remoulded the gown,mainly with needle and thread,I gave it full beading.then it
sent to a correct drycleaner.my sisters if u see who can give u gown collect and use,or rent at reasonable prices. Be ur own event planner,hire ur own vendors,be open to people who will give u suggestions, wedding no be secret.
I met my photography in a funny way,my hubby and I went to eternal gems to purchase our wedding bands,after buying, I asked the receptionist if she knows any good photographer and she said yes.then she gave me his contact.Ask anybody for vendors on time,meet with them,see there previous works.ask for there social media handles, see how previous clients rated them,Go to there offices.
this is what am talking about! Thumbs up ma for taking your time to give us breakdown! May God favor ur marriage !
Other brides make una come learn from our seniors
Re: 2018 Bride-to-be Come In Here Let Us Help Ourselves by zazigift: 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2018
Hello ladies!!How is the wedding plans coming up?

(1) (Reply)

Get an Executively plus Total Wedding package For Just N700,000 / What Happened To Insta Blog 9ja ? / Wholesale Price For Chair And Table Covers, Plastic Chairs And Tables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.