Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden (16772 Views)

Tired Of Jumping From One Job To Another? Earn 50K Weekly With Your Phone>>> / Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University / Too Bad: 2,400 Candidates Apply For One Job As Competition Stiffens. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by generalbush(m): 9:10am On Nov 13, 2017
Did I really pique your curiosity? I am pretty sure I did. I guess you might be wondering what exactly I am about to expose that most people don’t know about right?

What if I told you that no current relative of the president searches for a job, I guess you would say “I knew that already” right?

But what exactly is the secret I am about to unload right now? To be frank with you, what I am about to type is a secret because everyone seems to know about it, but only a few people use it.

Do you know that among the large number of people that come to attend an interview, that most times a candidate has already been decided even before the interview?

I remember a few years back when I was looking for a place for my Industrial Training. A few calls were made, and I was scheduled for an interview, among a huge number of other candidates. I wish they knew I was the chosen candidate already. I wrote the exam for writing sake – I am a pretty sure I failed woefully. But guess what, I got the slot – unopposed!

I guess you already know where I am heading to, and the secret is;

Recommendation (popularly known as Connection) is the fastest way to get a job Unopposed

Knowing it isn’t the secret, it is definitely the application that becomes the secret.

How can you be able to get across that single person that would rewrite your story? Several times I have tried to give hints about it, but I would explain in details here. The secrets applications are;

Create an Aura of Value around yourself.

What if you discover that the person behind this write-up is just a market seller, would you take any of my posts serious again? That is the power of value. You see, someone can easily contact me now and say, can I employ you as a copywriter in my company?

I don’t need a whole lot of interviews to land the job since I already know the man at the top – so I am coming in unopposed. Let me repeat, you can never get something tangible by applying the tactics of self-pity.

I have seen a whole lot of social media posts that appeal to pity, and I tell you that only 0.1% of them end up with a positive story.

Imagine you are the CEO of a company, and you saw any of the two tweets below, who would you employ first?

“I challenge any CEO here to employ me as his sales manager and see if I would turn around profit within 3 months”

Or

“I am a first class graduate, and I am looking for a job to help feed my family”

Your guess is as good as mine – for any profit-oriented CEO.

I have written extensively on it on “Why you should adopt the fake lifestyle model” on the blog.

You will learn it in details.

Networking brings Connections

You really wanna create a powerful network with influential people? Then get off major social media and focus more on offline networking.

Join societies, groups, attend occasions and interact with great minds. That is how you get to meet people who can recommend you to bigger things.

There are several places, but I suggest you connect to the “Chamber of Commerce”, they will be sending you detailed updates about several conferences and Seminars within the Lagos metropolis.

Create a Professional Value around yourself

Have you thought about owning a business card even as a graduate without a job? As long as you have a valuable skill, there is always a name to attach to your Business Card.

I have written Some Top Skills That would Give you a Job FAST (on the blog), and it is left for you to either get any of them or keep hoping for some sort of miracle to come your way.

Getting connected is already a hard task than getting a job. Without connection you, you might get any job – but with the connection, you will get a quality.

Remember, the most common interview question these days is “Who sent you?” Once you give the right answer to that question, you automatically get the Job.

http://topwritersden.com/one-job-secret-nobody-tell/

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by generalbush(m): 9:11am On Nov 13, 2017
What do you think about this? You can find the full article on blog.

You can also test your interview skills on our blog.

Happy Monday Hustle.

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by 2nioshine(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2017
Fact

4 Likes

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by musa234(m): 10:03am On Nov 13, 2017
Spot on bro!

2 Likes

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by silasweb(m): 11:31am On Nov 13, 2017
Nice info

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by iihtlagos: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2017
nice. Another way is by having the necessary skills to compete in a labor market filled with Graduates and fewer Jobs. Of recent, it has been discovered that those with the skills take all the jobs.

It has also come to our Notice at IIHT that Digital Marketing Jobs are also on the increase, this has made us develop a plan for all Graduates, Entrepreneurs, and Undergraduates in Lagos.

Attend our "Almost Free" digital Marketing Training, and learn all you need to land yourself a job as fast as possible.

Just click here to register

IIHT cares about you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by AlexCk: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2017
Connection shaa,
God dey too.

But that connection shaaa, especially tight connections.
Anyways, networking na the koko. Get more involved. Seminars, workshops, etc.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2017
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 13, 2017
Good one!

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2017
I addressed you this issue before.
Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by exlinklodge: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2017
good one

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by Oluwolex2000(m): 11:36am On Nov 13, 2017
Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by Rick9(m): 11:51am On Nov 13, 2017
Let me read
Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by rozay12345: 11:54am On Nov 13, 2017
In Nigeria and all over the world, connection is a required pre-requisite to get any hot job or placement, there must always be an insider who should do the dirty job of getting you selected. It is not a Nigerian problem, it is all over the world. The most important thing remains performance, if you are given a good job on a platter of connection, you would always be on a trial/probation period, if you fail to impress, you will still be booted out. Work on your connections and work on yourself. Examples of this scenario abound in every workplace.

12 Likes

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by Webman007: 11:54am On Nov 13, 2017
Good one

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by SWORD419(m): 11:55am On Nov 13, 2017
“I am a first class graduate, and I am looking for a job to help feed my family”

This got me ROTFL aswr

2 Likes

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by Worldbest281: 11:56am On Nov 13, 2017
make sense

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 13, 2017
Exactly what I've been saying..

9months plus and you're still searching for a job you'll likely be underpaid

If that 9 months had been used in networking and getting a connect(s) for yourself, you'll never be out in the streets again

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by missyb08(f): 11:59am On Nov 13, 2017
Thumbs up mister poster

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by babadee1(m): 11:59am On Nov 13, 2017
OP, there is nothing you have written up there that is a secret na.

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by davefieldpop(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
Not only connection you need favor.
My brother just resumed his job working with a top foreign embassy today.
Who did he know? GOD. When he even had to compete for that same position with someone already working there.
Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by omoiyalayi(m): 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
babadee1:
OP, there is nothing you have written up there that is a secret na.

But wanting the to know the secret made you read it abi?

The did is done

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by karzyharsky(m): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
wot if u send dem a msg on txtnw
Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by johncallidon(m): 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nice article.

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by karzyharsky(m): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
wot if u send dem a msg on txtnw I mean dos no frm ksl .....don wory dey will send adres
Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by generalbush(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
ukjerry:
Exactly what I've been saying..

9months plus and you're still searching for a job you'll likely be underpaid

If that 9 months had been used in networking and getting a connect(s) for yourself, you'll never be out in the streets again

Nice one!!

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by generalbush(m): 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
johncallidon:
Nice article.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by generalbush(m): 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
rozay12345:
In Nigeria and all over the world, connection is a required pre-requisite to get any hot job or placement, there must always be an insider who should do the dirty job of getting you selected. It is not a Nigerian problem, it is all over the world. The most important thing remains performance, if you are given a good job on a platter of connection, you would always be on a trial/probation period, if you fail to impress, you will still be booted out. Work on your connections and work on yourself. Examples of this scenario abound in every workplace.

Not in most cases Sir. Some positions just requires your presence.

Ask the Federal appointees in Central Bank of Nigeria cheesy

2 Likes

Re: One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden by generalbush(m): 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
SWORD419:

This got me ROTFL aswr

You would see that on LinkedIn alot cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Opinions Are Needed On This / NSCDC Enlists Relatives Of Powerful Nigerians Through The Back Door - Punch / Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Interview Selection Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.