Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,423 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University (34555 Views)

Concerns About Ai Portrait Generation: Things They'll Never Tell You About / What No Employer Will Tell You. I Learned This The Hard Way / UNILORIN Recruitment | The University Of Ilorin – August 2018 (2) (3) (4)

Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by stevnwigw1: 9:39am On Aug 30, 2022
LECTURERS WILL NEVER TELL YOU THIS IN THE UNIVERSITY ����

If you are invited for a job interview, at the entrance of the gate or within the Organization's premises:

1. Politely greet everybody. I have seen MDs and Managers disguised and standing at the gate to observe interviewees.

2. Do not go inside and start charging your phone or begin to look for where to charge your phone.

3. Do not go inside and begin to chat with your phone or make unnecessary calls. Put the phone inside your bag. They could be monitoring you through the camera.

4. Avoid too much talk with fellow interviewees. Don't go there and begin to argue about the government of the day, escalated food prices, and even lack of employment opportunities. Just be calm and positive.

5. Don't start praying and speaking in tongues to demonstrate your religiosity and closeness to God. Pray at home before going.

6. If they offer you Tea or food, Please reject it politely and thank them. You can take it after the interview. If you take that Tea or food, you are out.

7. Don't chew gum, biscuit, or anything. Go with a book and be reading it.

8. Never criticize your previous employer.

9. If you see somebody you know in the Organization, either as a staff or a fellow interviewee, greet him officially. Avoid creating an impression that you know him.

10. Do not appear too Poor, helpless, and inferior before the interviewer. Forget about Nigeria's problems, your personal and family problems. Focus on the job.

11. After the interview, put up a smiling face, thank them and leave.

In most cases, interviewers assess and score interviewees by the factors above and not necessarily by the answers they provide on paper. They'll train you eventually to do the job if they employ you.

310 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by wis3(m): 9:44am On Aug 30, 2022
you can't not fall for atleast one of these.

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by stevnwigw1: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2022
wis3:
you can't not fall for atleast one of these.
that is why they have not been employed my brother

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Roger3D(m): 9:57am On Aug 30, 2022
stevnwigw1:

If you are invited for a job interview, at the entrance of the gate or within the Organization's premises:

1. Politely greet everybody. I have seen MDs and Managers disguised and standing at the gate to observe interviewees.

2. Do not go inside and start charging your phone or begin to look for where to charge your phone.

3. Do not go inside and begin to chat with your phone or make unnecessary calls. Put the phone inside your bag. They could be monitoring you through the camera.

4. Avoid too much talk with fellow interviewees. Don't go there and begin to argue about the government of the day, escalated food prices, and even lack of employment opportunities. Just be calm and positive.

5. Don't start praying and speaking in tongues to demonstrate your religiosity and closeness to God. Pray at home before going.

6. If they offer you Tea or food, Please reject it politely and thank them. You can take it after the interview. If you take that Tea or food, you are out.

9. If you see somebody you know in the Organization, either as a staff or a fellow interviewee, greet him officially. Avoid creating an impression that you know him.

10. Do not appear too Poor, helpless, and inferior before the interviewer. Forget about Nigeria's problems, your personal and family problems. Focus on the job.

In most cases, interviewers assess and score interviewees by the factors above and not necessarily by the answers they provide on paper. They'll train you eventually to do the job if they employ you.
Excellent advice. I can't see anything you've said that's not at least partially correct

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by wis3(m): 10:12am On Aug 30, 2022
stevnwigw1:
that is why they have not been employed my brother
It doesn't make them any less qualified for the job. Most of the things you outlined are just basic things that'd come naturally to most people. Just act natura and be yourself and you won't have to struggle to keep up things you're not comfortable with.

18 Likes

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Faber(m): 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
Iron your clothes well and polish your shoes. You can take your clothes to a laundry, if you no get light for house. You can wear crocs and put your well polished shoes in a hand bag... while on the street where the firm is located, then you can branch to a store or barbing saloon and put on your shoes...that's if you're coming from a rural or trenches area, with no good roads.

Don't apply any perfume at all pls. Smell natural. I heard a girl was denied a hotel job, her body spray was exactly the same with that of the hotel manager's ex that did him shege grin grin. The man told her without mincing words: " you have spoilt my day, I hate remembering Kate" she was just muttering "sorry sir", "sorry sir" before she left grin grin

Don't wear any religious insignia, medals, chaplet etc. If you're asked your religion just mention Christianity. Which church, just name one unknown pentecostal church. If the interviewer askes you; where is it located? I have never heard of this before, just reply, it's a new church in my area" ...
Don't associate with the known ones like Winners, RCCG etc. Most of them no dey use eye see members from other churches. Like Chosen and Deeper life people are very fanatic and toxic. Maybe just say...God of Miracles fire ministries. Don't say Catholic Church, even if you're a Catholic..many pentecostal churches hate Catholic Church and Catholics, but even if the manger or those employing you are Catholics, they will still hire you as Catholics no too dey discriminate against other churches. This is Nigeria, religion plays major role in many things. No come talk say you will not hide your religion because of ordinary job. Get the job first, sapa no be your mate o grin grin

Once it's your turn to be interviewed, put your phone on silent, not flight mode pls. Check your contact numbers well on true caller, it may reveal some details about you. I used to have a number that always show Faber Bet9ja. One day one man asked me whether I am a gambler, I said no, I come grab fast fast tell him say, I don work as Bet9ja cashier before after my secondary school.

Finally, be mindful of how you use the door and the seats. Always leave the seats as you found them, after seating. Always close the door gently, don't close the door on the next person coming in after you. Your sense of courtesy and orderliness are judged from little little things

109 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by idu1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
Dem still dey invite people for interview?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Ay04z(m): 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
Naija and wahala.... Hmm
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Amos1423(m): 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
after you read all this find money go learn skill cause naija na God abegg o

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by gideonematics: 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Jobs are good but if you have any of this highly sort after skills you won't be bothered about getting a job or job interviews, if you have any of this our list of...high paying skills in 2022
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by visiondee(m): 5:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
What if they offer yellow garri with correct egusi and ogbono soup... Bro... Leave English, I go fill my belle fors of fors befor we start interview... grin grin grin

45 Likes

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2022
This is for fresh graduates & trainees.
Not for experienced & professionals whom companies are looking unto for possible solutions and turn around.

We always discuss and laugh with fellows that come for interview. We also summon the receptionist to charge our phones for us. We don't beg the interviewers, we force them believe in what we are telling them.

We bounce them easily especially when they are not in the same page with us

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by samwash(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2022
Faber:
Iron your clothes well and polish your shoes. You can take your clothes to a laundry, if you no get light for house. You can wear crocs and put your well polished shoes in a hand bag... while on the street where the firm is located, then you can branch to a store or barbing saloon and put on your shoes...that's if you're coming from a rural or trenches area, with no good roads.

Don't apply any perfume at all pls. Smell natural. I heard a girl was denied a hotel job, her body spray was exactly the same with that of the hotel manager's ex that did him shege grin grin. The man told her without mincing words: " you have spoilt my day, I hate remembering Kate" she was just muttering "sorry sir", "sorry sir" before she left grin grin

Don't wear any religious insignia, medals, chaplet etc. If you're asked your religion just mention Christianity. Which church, just name one unknown pentecostal church. If the interviewer askes you; where is it located? I have never heard of this before, just reply, it's a new church in my area" ...
Don't associate with the known ones like Winners, RCCG etc. Most of them no dey use eye see members from other churches. Like Chosen and Deeper life people are very fanatic and toxic. Maybe just say...God of Miracles fire ministries. Don't say Catholic Church, even if you're a Catholic..many pentecostal churches hate Catholic Church and Catholics, but even if the manger or those employing you are Catholics, they will still hire you as Catholics no too dey discriminate against other churches. This is Nigeria, religion plays major role in many things. No come talk say you will not hide your religion because of ordinary job. Get the job first, sapa no be your mate o grin grin

Once it's your turn to be interviewed, put your phone on silent, not flight mode pls. Check your contact numbers well on true caller, it may reveal some details about you. I used to have a number that always show Faber Bet9ja. One day one man asked me whether I am a gambler, I said no, I come grab fast fast tell him say, I don work as Bet9ja cashier before after my secondary school.

Finally, be mindful of how you use the door and the seats. Always leave the seats as you found them, after seating. Always close the door gently, don't close the door on the next person coming in after you. Your sense of courtesy and orderliness are judged from little little things

We Nigerians are just too Religious sometimes. Someone share a testimony in church how he got a job without the interviewer interviewing him because he wore an handband of the same church with the interviewer. Vola!! He got the job. Likewise some other person's been rejected because they belong to a particular church/ denomination or Religious belief.
It remains me of some yrs back when a pastor in my church was the lawyer incharge of a property Am about to rent,after getting the property, he saw me in church one day, he was surprise & ask me why didn't I tell him Am a member of the church,I just told him I wanted him to deal with me as a client not as a church member.
Getting a job is a job on its own.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Faber(m): 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
samwash:

We Nigerians are just too Religious sometimes. Someone share a testimony in church how he got a job without the interviewer interviewing him because he wore an handband of the same church with the interviewer. Vola!! He got the job. Likewise some other person's been rejected because they belong to a particular church/ denomination or Religious belief.
It remains me of some yrs back when a pastor in my church was the lawyer incharge of a property Am about to rent,after getting the property, he saw me in church one day, he was surprise & ask me why didn't I tell him Am a member of the church,I just told him I wanted him to deal with me as a client not as a church member.

Which church you dey go is always the question. Though me na staunch Mormon, I dey always tell the person, I no get church o. I no get strength to start argument, how his own church better pass my own. He go say try dey go church o. I will reply "ok sir" grin grin
dey go my way. Two people will be selling the same products, your own church member will be selling his own at a higher price, una go still dey patronise him, sake of, na una church member. No be juju be that

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by sureteeboy(m): 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
HeroHero:
This is for fresh graduates & trainees.
Not for experienced & professionals whom companies are looking unto for possible solutions and turn around.

We always discuss and laugh with fellows that come for interview. We also summon the receptionist to charge our phones for us. We don't beg the interviewers, we force them believe in what we are telling them.

We bounce them easily especially when they are not in the same page with us
Just what I wanted to point out. This applies to fresh graduates with zero experience only

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Streett: 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2022
Faber:

Your analysis are 100% Fair…… You solid proper

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by gideonematics: 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
You forgot to tell people how they can make money online

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by LikeAking: 9:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
Faber:

Make we here word.
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2022
Seriously ooo
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by LikeAking: 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2022
Nothing poverty no go cause.

God punish poverty

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by IsellSmartTvs: 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
Employment is just like buying and selling.
U are going there to sell ursef,forget wetin Dey book and years of experience.What They are seeing is what they will pay(employ) for.
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Authoreety: 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
Sure. Nice one
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Richy4(m): 12:46am On Aug 31, 2022
Wow!! The more I think that the world is a global village, the more some things I read makes me think otherwise.. we have not integrated into that village yet... Still a third world country angry

A company budgeted money for refreshments for their potential candidates who might be coming from a very far distant for an interview just to quench their thirst..

And u think ordinary water, biscuits, tea, coffee or juice was a trap?.. That if any candidate takes the refreshment, that candidate won't be shortlisted? Haba!!! Make Una takeam easy shocked cheesy

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by intruder15(m): 6:13am On Aug 31, 2022
stevnwigw1:

That your number 6 get as e be.

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by jericco1(m): 7:33am On Aug 31, 2022
All these things are only common in Nigeria.
But I strongly disagree with number 6.
I remember going for a job interview sometime 2019 and we were all given refreshments and it was a huge one. It is company policies and you trying to act meek doesn't add anything to your resume.

Just be cultured that is it.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by phemmyfour: 7:46am On Aug 31, 2022
Doesn't apply to you if you know who knows who

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Thobie85: 8:15am On Aug 31, 2022
samwash:

It remains me of some yrs back when a pastor in my church was the lawyer incharge of a property Am about to rent,after getting the property, he saw me in church one day, he was surprise & ask me why did
n't I tell him Am a member of the church,I just told him I wanted him to deal with me as a client not as a church member.

I can actually relate with you sir
Went to an org on Monday as a corp member
Like 2 people that interviewed my are just asking me bout my religion and the church I attend..
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Generalwoodz(m): 8:33am On Aug 31, 2022
Number 6. You're not right.

Anybody that disqualifies a fellow human because she accepted in good fate the food offered is a different type of devil the world is yet to see.

If you want to reject me because I gladly collected simple food which is a fuel to the human soul, REJECT ME SIR/MADAM!

16 Likes 1 Share

50 Interview Questions And Answers You Must Be Prepared For / Friend Offers Man N400k Monthly Job Which Involves Sleeping With Women In Italy / Fresh Graduate Transaction Trainees In A Leading Nigerian Bank

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90