Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam (1025 Views)

C&S Prophet Persecute Daddy G.O For Wearing Shoe To C&s Altar / Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by saturnjay(m): 9:40am On Nov 13, 2017
Don’t persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing today is a scam
NWAFOR POLYCARP
12 NOV 2017
By Femi Aribisala

When Daddy Freeze identified tithing as a modern-day scam in a fascinating interview, I was also asked to weigh in on the same issue by Sahara Reporters. But I declined because I did not think it was necessary to add anything to what he said. However, I have changed my mind seeing that some church heavyweights have come out swinging at him in the bid to undermine his message and safeguard their illicit financial bottom line.

They have tried to muddy the waters by deriding Daddy Freeze’s assertion that in biblical times, it was scriptural to eat your tithe in the house of God and wash it down with a glass of beer. They also hastened to intimidate Christians by insisting if they don’t tithe, they would be cursed.

That is a lot of hogwash. The very attempt to invoke curses in a simple debate about tithing indicates a bankruptcy of reason. Threatening Christians in order to force them to give is witchcraft; it is not the way of Christ. The New Testament position says: “Let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.” (II Corinthians 9:7). Giving in order to avoid curses is giving “of necessity;” not cheerful giving.

“Winebibbers”

It is biblical to drink beer in church. The word of a General Overseer cannot override the scriptures. Moses says take your tithe: “to the place the Lord your God has chosen. When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the Lord your God and celebrate with your household.” (Deuteronomy 14:25-26). Beer is an alcoholic drink; that means you could drink it in the “house of God.”

A General Overseer cannot be holier than Jesus. Jesus drank alcohol. That is why his self-righteous opponents called him a “drunkard.” (Matthew 11:19). In the first miracle he performed, Jesus did not turn water into Ribena or orange juice. He turned water into wine. Don’t buy the lie: biblical wine is fermented and therefore alcoholic. Moses specifically says: “wine or other alcoholic drink.” (Deuteronomy 14:26). That means the tithing wine is alcoholic.

Drinking alcohol is not a sin, but drunkenness is. (Romans 13:13). Paul says: “Do not get drunk on wine.” (Ephesians 5:18). He does not say: “do not drink wine.” Drink it, but not to the point of drunkenness. The wine used for Holy Communion is alcoholic. When the Corinthians were having Communion in an unruly manner, Paul complained that: “some go hungry while others get drunk.” (I Corinthians 11:21). No-body gets drunk on non-alcoholic wine.

Curses and blessings

Let no believer be intimidated by vain curses: “Curses will not harm someone who is innocent.” (Proverbs 26:2). Tithe or no tithe, believers are blessed: “with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.” (Ephesians 1:3). Therefore, God would never curse us. As God said to Balaam concerning Israel, “You must not put a curse on those people, because they are blessed.” (Numbers 22:12).

Pastors and General Overseers should desist from manipulating Christians with threats of curses. God says to Abraham: “I will curse whoever curses you.” (Genesis 12:3). Therefore, if your General Overseer curses you, the curse will only fall on his head. If these curses were not vain, I would be a dead man already. But I dare anyone to curse a prophet of God for doing his work.

Moreover, tell the eminent General Overseer, there is nothing special about a church building. The church is not the house of God. If it ever was, it no longer is. “The Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands.” (Acts 7:48). It is morally wrong, in any case, to prescribe one conduct for the church and another outside the church. Believers don’t worship God in churches. Jesus says we worship God “in Spirit and truth.” (John 4:23).

Fleecing the flock

The only people authorised to receive tithes were the Levites. (Hebrews 7:5). Therefore, Daddy Freeze is right: no Nigerian prophet, so-called pastor or highfalutin General Overseer is qualified to receive tithes from members of his or her congregation.

Even Jesus could not have received the tithe because he was not from the tribe of Levi but from Judah. Today, Jewish rabbis who still follow the Mosaic Code no longer receive tithes because Levi is one of the lost tribes of Israel. All Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction of the temple in AD 70. How then can Nigerian pastors who are not even Jewish, how much more Levites, receive tithes?

In any case, God did not accept money as tithe. The tithe was tied to the land, which was God’s gift to Israel. Therefore, it was a tenth of the seed and fruit of the land and of the animals which ate of the land. (Leviticus 27:30-32). That is why God says: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be FOOD in my house.” (Malachi 3:10). He does not say “that there may be MONEY in my house.”

If you bring money, you must convert it to foodstuff. Your tithe is then eaten in the presence of the Lord, and given to the Levites, strangers, widows and the fatherless. (Deute-ronomy 14:24-26). However, pastors today only accept money as tithe, showing they are nothing but money-grubbers who fleece the flock.

Servants who worked on the land did not tithe because the land did not belong to them. Since only agricultural resources were tithe-able, only farmers and keepers of livestock gave tithes. So if you are neither, tell your 419 pastor tithing is scripturally inapplicable to you.

Law and grace

John says: “The law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” (John 1:17). Tithing belongs to the Law of Moses. But Christians are not under the law but under grace. (Romans 6:14). The law was not given to Nigerians, it was given to Jews. (Psalms 147:19-20; Malachi 4:4). Therefore, the Law on tithes is inapplicable to Nigerians.

Tithing was primarily applicable to Jews in Israel. When Jewish po-pulations grew in Babylon, Ammon, Moab and Syria, these lands also became tithe-able lands. However, tithes were unacceptable from strictly Gentile lands. So it makes no sense to tithe in Nigeria.

Levites were not given any land in Israel. God says: “Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the Lord.” (Numbers 18:24). But today’s pastors own lands and houses. Therefore, they do not live as Levites and should stop pretending to be Levi-tes.

You cannot cherry-pick what to obey in the law: “The person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws.” (James 2:10).

Therefore, if Nigerian pastors insist on tithing, they must also insist on all other stringent requirements of the law; including the stoning to death of adulterers, disobedient children, homosexuals and Sabbath violators. They should also restore blood-sacrifices for good measure.

The fact that they don’t attests eloquently to their duplicity.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/dont-persecute-daddy-freeze-tithing-today-scam/amp/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by kunlesufyan(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2017
There is a lot of sense in what daddyfreeze is saying. I'll rather use the 10% or even more to feed hungry people monthly than give to people who i'm not sure what they use the money for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by techgeniusworld(m): 9:53am On Nov 13, 2017
saturnjay:

Don’t persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing today is a scam
NWAFOR POLYCARP
12 NOV 2017
By Femi Aribisala

When Daddy Freeze identified tithing as a modern-day scam in a fascinating interview, I was also asked to weigh in on the same issue by Sahara Reporters. But I declined because I did not think it was necessary to add anything to what he said. However, I have changed my mind seeing that some church heavyweights have come out swinging at him in the bid to undermine his message and safeguard their illicit financial bottom line.

They have tried to muddy the waters by deriding Daddy Freeze’s assertion that in biblical times, it was scriptural to eat your tithe in the house of God and wash it down with a glass of beer. They also hastened to intimidate Christians by insisting if they don’t tithe, they would be cursed.

That is a lot of hogwash. The very attempt to invoke curses in a simple debate about tithing indicates a bankruptcy of reason. Threatening Christians in order to force them to give is witchcraft; it is not the way of Christ. The New Testament position says: “Let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.” (II Corinthians 9:7). Giving in order to avoid curses is giving “of necessity;” not cheerful giving.

“Winebibbers”

It is biblical to drink beer in church. The word of a General Overseer cannot override the scriptures. Moses says take your tithe: “to the place the Lord your God has chosen. When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the Lord your God and celebrate with your household.” (Deuteronomy 14:25-26). Beer is an alcoholic drink; that means you could drink it in the “house of God.”

A General Overseer cannot be holier than Jesus. Jesus drank alcohol. That is why his self-righteous opponents called him a “drunkard.” (Matthew 11:19). In the first miracle he performed, Jesus did not turn water into Ribena or orange juice. He turned water into wine. Don’t buy the lie: biblical wine is fermented and therefore alcoholic. Moses specifically says: “wine or other alcoholic drink.” (Deuteronomy 14:26). That means the tithing wine is alcoholic.

Drinking alcohol is not a sin, but drunkenness is. (Romans 13:13). Paul says: “Do not get drunk on wine.” (Ephesians 5:18). He does not say: “do not drink wine.” Drink it, but not to the point of drunkenness. The wine used for Holy Communion is alcoholic. When the Corinthians were having Communion in an unruly manner, Paul complained that: “some go hungry while others get drunk.” (I Corinthians 11:21). No-body gets drunk on non-alcoholic wine.

Curses and blessings

Let no believer be intimidated by vain curses: “Curses will not harm someone who is innocent.” (Proverbs 26:2). Tithe or no tithe, believers are blessed: “with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.” (Ephesians 1:3). Therefore, God would never curse us. As God said to Balaam concerning Israel, “You must not put a curse on those people, because they are blessed.” (Numbers 22:12).

Pastors and General Overseers should desist from manipulating Christians with threats of curses. God says to Abraham: “I will curse whoever curses you.” (Genesis 12:3). Therefore, if your General Overseer curses you, the curse will only fall on his head. If these curses were not vain, I would be a dead man already. But I dare anyone to curse a prophet of God for doing his work.

Moreover, tell the eminent General Overseer, there is nothing special about a church building. The church is not the house of God. If it ever was, it no longer is. “The Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands.” (Acts 7:48). It is morally wrong, in any case, to prescribe one conduct for the church and another outside the church. Believers don’t worship God in churches. Jesus says we worship God “in Spirit and truth.” (John 4:23).

Fleecing the flock

The only people authorised to receive tithes were the Levites. (Hebrews 7:5). Therefore, Daddy Freeze is right: no Nigerian prophet, so-called pastor or highfalutin General Overseer is qualified to receive tithes from members of his or her congregation.

Even Jesus could not have received the tithe because he was not from the tribe of Levi but from Judah. Today, Jewish rabbis who still follow the Mosaic Code no longer receive tithes because Levi is one of the lost tribes of Israel. All Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction of the temple in AD 70. How then can Nigerian pastors who are not even Jewish, how much more Levites, receive tithes?

In any case, God did not accept money as tithe. The tithe was tied to the land, which was God’s gift to Israel. Therefore, it was a tenth of the seed and fruit of the land and of the animals which ate of the land. (Leviticus 27:30-32). That is why God says: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be FOOD in my house.” (Malachi 3:10). He does not say “that there may be MONEY in my house.”

If you bring money, you must convert it to foodstuff. Your tithe is then eaten in the presence of the Lord, and given to the Levites, strangers, widows and the fatherless. (Deute-ronomy 14:24-26). However, pastors today only accept money as tithe, showing they are nothing but money-grubbers who fleece the flock.

Servants who worked on the land did not tithe because the land did not belong to them. Since only agricultural resources were tithe-able, only farmers and keepers of livestock gave tithes. So if you are neither, tell your 419 pastor tithing is scripturally inapplicable to you.

Law and grace

John says: “The law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” (John 1:17). Tithing belongs to the Law of Moses. But Christians are not under the law but under grace. (Romans 6:14). The law was not given to Nigerians, it was given to Jews. (Psalms 147:19-20; Malachi 4:4). Therefore, the Law on tithes is inapplicable to Nigerians.

Tithing was primarily applicable to Jews in Israel. When Jewish po-pulations grew in Babylon, Ammon, Moab and Syria, these lands also became tithe-able lands. However, tithes were unacceptable from strictly Gentile lands. So it makes no sense to tithe in Nigeria.

Levites were not given any land in Israel. God says: “Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the Lord.” (Numbers 18:24). But today’s pastors own lands and houses. Therefore, they do not live as Levites and should stop pretending to be Levi-tes.

You cannot cherry-pick what to obey in the law: “The person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws.” (James 2:10).

Therefore, if Nigerian pastors insist on tithing, they must also insist on all other stringent requirements of the law; including the stoning to death of adulterers, disobedient children, homosexuals and Sabbath violators. They should also restore blood-sacrifices for good measure.

The fact that they don’t attests eloquently to their duplicity.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/dont-persecute-daddy-freeze-tithing-today-scam/amp/
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by Kondomatic(m): 9:57am On Nov 13, 2017
kunlesufyan:
There is a lot of sense in what daddyfreeze is saying. I'll rather use the 10% or even more to feed hungry people monthly than give to people who i'm not sure what they use the money for.
Deep freezer once said that what two consenting adults do with their sex organs isn't anybody's business but what adults do with 10% of their salary is his business.

That guy is a hypocrite. I am totally against tithing but deep freezer is the least qualified person to talk about it.

The electric cooler divorced his wife(unchristian act) has a baby mama(unchristian act) is pro gay (unchristian) but he's not seeing none of that as unscriptural.

It is only what people do and with their money is his business. I can't stand hypocrites like him.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by techgeniusworld(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2017
i agree the emphasis on tithe is too much.the truth is this. I have not gone to church since 1994 and i do not pay my tithe. Im a pastor that teaches people to follow God. I do not ask people to pay me tithe . I tell them to give their hearts and minds to God. The truth is if you go to church you should pay tithe. To pay tithe is to give back to your church. Going to church is like a relationship you cannot go to church and want to take and take and take. Life is give and take. I dont go to church so i dont pay tithe and since i preach the gospel i dont need to pay anyone. I am the giver. if you want to stop paying tithe stop going to church and start telling people about God. God will bless you abundantly this way. If you go to church you should pay tithe.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by techgeniusworld(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2017
techgeniusworld:
i agree the emphasis on tithe is too much.the truth is this. I have not gone to church since 1994 and i do not pay my tithe. Im a pastor that teaches people to follow God. I do not ask people to pay me tithe . I tell them to give their hearts and minds to God. The truth is if you go to church you should pay tithe. To pay tithe is to give back to your church. Going to church is like a relationship you cannot go to church and want to take and take and take. Life is give and take. I dont go to church so i dont pay tithe and since i preach the gospel i dont need to pay anyone. I am the giver. if you want to stop paying tithe stop going to church and start telling people about God. God will bless you abundantly this way. If you go to church you should pay tithe.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by petra1(m): 11:29am On Nov 13, 2017
saturnjay:

When Daddy Freeze identified tithing as a modern-day scam in a fascinating interview,

You can only call that fascinating interview because you don’t know God nor his word

How can it be scriptural to drink beer with Gods tithe . Your and freeze are both olodos of the Bible .
Tithe and offerings are give to God right from the days of Abraham . The feast tithe is just like a vacation . That is not the same as the tithe given to God .
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by flexshop(m): 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

You can only call that fascinating interview because you don’t know God nor his word

How can it be scriptural to drink beer with Gods tithe . Your and freeze are both olodos of the Bible .
Tithe and offerings are give to God right from the days of Abraham . The feast tithe is just like a vacation . That is not the same as the tithe given to God .

Please study the bible before saying hogwash

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by petra1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
flexshop:

Please study the bible before saying hogwash

It is biblical to drink beer in church.

Ok drink your beer in church .

The word of a General Overseer cannot override the scriptures. Moses says take your tithe: “to the place the Lord your God has chosen. When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the Lord your God and celebrate with your household.” (Deuteronomy 14:25-26). Beer is an alcoholic drink; that means you could drink it in the “house of God.”

You didn’t read the Bible . This scripture above is not talking about the regular tithe which is given to God for the work of God and support of ministers . Daddy freeze deceived you all by dwelling on the minor to destroy the major. There were 3 kinds of tithe in isreal . Why didn’t he mention the 3 . Why didn’t he mention the sacred one given to the house of God?. All we are hearing is the Beer beer beer you want to consume .

Ask him to read this verse if he will be bold to acknowledge that it’s there

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by flexshop(m): 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

Ok drink your beer in church .

You didn’t read the Bible . This scripture above is not talking about the regular tithe which is given to God for the work of God and support of ministers . Daddy freeze deceived you all by dwelling on the minor to destroy the major. There were 3 kinds of tithe in isreal . Why didn’t he mention the 3 . Why didn’t he mention the sacred one given to the house of God?. All we are hearing is the Beer beer beer you want to consume .

Ask him to read this verse if he will be bold to acknowledge that it’s there

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

Firstly, you agree that it is scriptural to drink alcohol in church... If otherwise state a bible verse against same and not just teachings of men.

Secondly, tithing is under the law. So are a dozen other Jewish practices....why is tithing the only Jewish practice being emphasized on by preachers today?
Where is Passover,where is sin offering, where is burnt offering? You don't celebrate yom kippur? You don't do bar/bat mitzvah for your children?

You don't wash your hands before entering the holy place of God?

Why is it only the financial laws that survived from the Old Testament?

I didn't see Jesus nor his apostles or even the later disciples collect tithe. If it was a heavenly principle, Jesus would have collected tithe.

Paul even had an employment so as not to depend on church offerings.

Using the New Testament standard of Christ,
The only collection given was the general contribution the faithful gave by selling there belongings and sharing among those in need in their fold.

Why the Levites collected tithe was because by law the didn't own land or properties. Why are pastors who own acres of landed properties collect tithe?

Please back up your responses with bible verses and not my pastor said? Thanks
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by kgr8mike(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
Tithing today is not a scam as we may think it is but those that receive it are accountable to God.

Tithing started before the law. The law was given through Moses that was a distant time from the period Abraham paid tithe to Mechizedec.

Question is who preached to Abraham to pay tithe? No one but he as the father of all them that believe understood what makes a believer. He paid his tithe.

When the law came, it did not change the eternal principle of all them that believe. Abraham believed and he paid, we also believe and so we pay.

The law is an interrupt in the flow of believing. That was why it has to be addressed by the Saviour himself.

Now all them that believe are the children of Abraham by Faith and that's why we are heirs with him according to the promise. And that's why also we do what Abraham did which includes paying of tithe to the One whose priesthood is after the order of Mechezedec.

In sending Jesus, the bible said for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes(..... ie the same believing that Abraham did ) should not perish but have eternal life. That is why therefore we are heirs with him of the same promise and that's why we do what he did.

Tithing therefore is for them that believe. Glory to God.

So if you truly believe you just do it naturally but if you don't believe it is not logical. Glory to God.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by flexshop(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
kgr8mike:
Tithing today is not a scam as we may think it is but those that receive it are accountable to God.

Tithing started before the law. The law was given through Moses that was a distant time from the period Abraham paid tithe to Mechizedec.

Question is who preached to Abraham to pay tithe? No one but he as the father of all them that believe understood what makes a believer. He paid his tithe.

When the law came, it did not change the eternal principle of all them that believe. Abraham believed and he paid, we also believe and so we pay.

The law is an interrupt in the flow of believing. That was why it has to be addressed by the saviour himself.

Now all them that believe are the children of Abraham by Faith and that's why we are heirs according to the promise. And that's why also we do what Abraham did which includes paying of tithe to the One whose priesthood is after the order of Mechezedec.

Why didn't Jesus or the disciples pay tithe?

They even paid tax but it was never recorded they paid tithe?

Is Abraham the standard or is Christ Jesus the standard?

Are we under the law of Abraham or under the body of Christ?
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by frank317: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
Foolish people, arguing back and forth over ancient outdated jewish laws that has nothing to do with them.

I wonder how the jews will be viewing u guys talk about their ancestoral laws like u are a lost generation.

Ur legislators and other government officials are makimg unfavourable laws that are making u guys sufffer while they enrich thwir pockets.

But no... nigeria matter is not worthy of discussing... lets keep on suffering in a lawless society while we waste our time talking about some wothless jewish tithing system that has no relevancy to our lives in any way.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by kgr8mike(m): 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
flexshop:

Why didn't Jesus or the disciples pay tithe?

They even paid tax but it was never recorded they paid tithe?

Is Abraham the standard or is Christ Jesus the standard?

Are we under the law of Abraham or under the body of Christ?

Thanks dear for your question.

You know when Jesus was arguing with the Jews in one of the ocassions, they said they are the children of Abraham and Jesus told them that if they are they will do what Abraham did....

Abraham was not under the law, the bible recorded that the gospel was first preached to Abraham and he believed. The bible said Abraham believed God....

Jesus(the Son of God) came with the gospel. Preached that men should believe(as the righteous Abraham did) and all them that believe are like Abraham because he is the father of all them that believe.

Jesus did not need to pay tithe because he is the One tithe should be paid to.

He came to build a body called Abraham's seed which is the body of Christ, which is the church.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by petra1(m): 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
flexshop:

Firstly, you agree that it is scriptural to drink alcohol in church... If otherwise state a bible verse against same and not just teachings of men.

Church is for worshiping God

Matthew 21:13
My house shall be called the house of prayer

Secondly, tithing is under the law. So are a dozen other Jewish practices....

Tithing was only mentioned in the law . It didn’t originate in the law .

why is tithing the only Jewish practice being emphasized on by preachers today?

We don’t follow Jewish practice . However some practice in the law that are applicable today are applicable on the grounds that they are principles in Gods kingdom . Such like fasting , tithing , offering, alms , honoring parents etc . The question I will rather ask you is . Why is it tithe that is being attacked . If you say every practice mentioned in the law should be done away . There will be no worship of God anymore . So it’s hypocrisy to attack tithe .

Where is Passover,where is sin offering, where is burnt offering? You don't celebrate yom kippur? You don't do bar/bat mitzvah for your children?

These are shadows of christ . Christ has fulfilled them but tithe was not a shadow , alms giving was not a shadow . Free will Offering was not a shadow . Fasting was not a shadow these are apart of worship

Why is it only the financial laws that survived from the Old Testament?

We are not giving because the law says so . But because it’s a principle of worship . I will ask you a question , do you give offering , why?

I didn't see Jesus nor his apostles or even the later disciples collect tithe. If it was a heavenly principle, Jesus would have collected tithe.

The levitical order was existing . If Jesus didn’t collect tithe or offering. It could be because of the existing structure . If he collected , we will find out in heaven . At least we know they collected money and Judas was treasurer

Paul even had an employment so as not to depend on church offerings.

You’re right . But only to an extent . Anyone who has a job does volunteer service . But anyone who serves God full time needs to be paid or supported . Some musician in churches are on salary as well as other staff . But some churches have musician who have a job , such need not to be paid . Same goes for pastors . Over 90% of pastors in denominations are volunteers . Go and find out . Many use their money to pay for church venue etc . In heaven many of you will repent of the lie against these sacrificing pastors .

A pastor who is asked to resign his job for full time ministry has to be paid or receive support . Just like the Old Testament . That’s what paul said

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

Using the New Testament standard of Christ,
The only collection given was the general contribution the faithful gave by selling there belongings and sharing among those in need in their fold.

There are several givings in the kingdom of God. Giving to God in offerings , tithes , giving to parents, giving to mog . Giving to the poor , giving to fellow brethren , giving for projects etc . All should be observed

Why the Levites collected tithe was because by law the didn't own land or properties. Why are pastors who own acres of landed properties collect tithe?

Pastors don’t own tithes or offerings . Money given in church belong to the church . Every ministry has administrative structure . Before a deeper life or redeem pastor will make expenditure , the headquarters must approve . Forget all these nairaland sponsored propaganda .pastord who have a job don’t get support . They rather put their money in . Kindly find out

MOST PASTORS ARE LAY WORKERS LIKE YOU
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by MuttleyLaff: 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:
The question I will rather ask you is.
Why is it tithe that is being attacked
But woe to you Pharisees,
for you pay tithes of mint and rue and every herb;
and you pass by justice and the love of God.
But it behooved you to do these things, and those not to neglect.

- Luke 11:42

I will answer your question
and as a man of honour, that you are, you should have the courtesy and decency to answer my questions too.

Tithe isn't being attacked. Tithe isn't attacked
Now that you've asked I am prepared to tell you what really has been attacked.
I will tell you what really is being attacked

It is the abuse of tithe that's being attacked.
It is the abnormal use of tithe that's being attacked.
It is the misrepresentation of tithe that's being attacked.
It is how, under the guise of tithe, plenty are being used and easily exploited that's being attacked.
It is the pseudo masqueraded as the real McCoy that's being attacked
It is what's and who's responsible for witnessing these Luke 11:42 injustice, unfairness and life devoid of the love of God, that's being attacked

Here are my questions:
1) Which kind of tithing are you practising? (i.e What the name of the tithing you're practising?)
2) Why have you picked, chosen, decided or stuck to follow and adhere to your choice of tithing?
3) Is practising your choice of tithing compulsory and/or mandatory?
4) Is there a choice to opt out practising this choice of tithing?
5) Do you believe there is an alternative to tithing?

Thats all the questions I have for now sir.
Thanks in advance for your honest, truthful, sincere and prompt responses

1 Like

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by flexshop(m): 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
kgr8mike:

Thanks dear for your question.

You know when Jesus was arguing with the Jews in one of the ocassions, they said they are the children of Abraham and Jesus told them that if they are they will do what Abraham did....

Abraham was not under the law, the bible recorded that the gospel was first preached to Abraham and he believed. The bible said Abraham believed God....

Jesus(the Son of God) came with the gospel. Preached that men should believe(as the righteous Abraham did) and all them that believe are like Abraham because he is the father of all them that believe.

Jesus did not need to pay tithe because he is the One tithe should be paid to.

He came to build a body called Abraham's seed which is the body of Christ, which is the church.

Thanks for the post.
If Jesus is the one tithe should be paid to, then why did none of the brethren or disciples collect or pay tithe?

Abraham was the progenitor of the law.most mosaic practices came indirectly from Abraham eg circumcision. God started giving out his guidelines through Abraham. It was just during the time of Moses that they were written down.
Just like oral traditions being transcribed into written laws.

Like I always say while Abraham was an upright man, our standard remains Christ Jesus.

So I ask, where did Christ or his disciples pay tithe?

Luke 12:48 (NIV)

…From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

No longer are animal sacrifices necessary, but we are now to sacrifice our own lives and live for Christ, not ourselves. No longer is ‘an eye for an eye’ appropriate but we are to love our enemies and ‘turn the other cheek’. These are only two examples of heightened responsibilities Jesus taught His people. As such, I can only conclude that the same holds true with the tithe. While it used to be the requirement, it should now be the minimum.”
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by flexshop(m): 8:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

Church is for worshiping God

Matthew 21:13
My house shall be called the house of prayer

Tithing was only mentioned in the law . It didn’t originate in the law .

We don’t follow Jewish practice . However some practice in the law that are applicable today are applicable on the grounds that they are principles in Gods kingdom . Such like fasting , tithing , offering, alms , honoring parents etc . The question I will rather ask you is . Why is it tithe that is being attacked . If you say every practice mentioned in the law should be done away . There will be no worship of God anymore . So it’s hypocrisy to attack tithe .

These are shadows of christ . Christ has fulfilled them but tithe was not a shadow , alms giving was not a shadow . Free will Offering was not a shadow . Fasting was not a shadow these are apart of worship

We are not giving because the law says so . But because it’s a principle of worship . I will ask you a question , do you give offering , why?

The levitical order was existing . If Jesus didn’t collect tithe or offering. It could be because of the existing structure . If he collected , we will find out in heaven . At least we know they collected money and Judas was treasurer

You’re right . But only to an extent . Anyone who has a job does volunteer service . But anyone who serves God full time needs to be paid or supported . Some musician in churches are on salary as well as other staff . But some churches have musician who have a job , such need not to be paid . Same goes for pastors . Over 90% of pastors in denominations are volunteers . Go and find out . Many use their money to pay for church venue etc . In heaven many of you will repent of the lie against these sacrificing pastors .

A pastor who is asked to resign his job for full time ministry has to be paid or receive support . Just like the Old Testament . That’s what paul said

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

There are several givings in the kingdom of God. Giving to God in offerings , tithes , giving to parents, giving to mog . Giving to the poor , giving to fellow brethren , giving for projects etc . All should be observed

Pastors don’t own tithes or offerings . Money given in church belong to the church . Every ministry has administrative structure . Before a deeper life or redeem pastor will make expenditure , the headquarters must approve . Forget all these nairaland sponsored propaganda .pastord who have a job don’t get support . They rather put their money in . Kindly find out

MOST PASTORS ARE LAY WORKERS LIKE YOU

I'm kinda busy now to reply but let me just pick one point in your post,

You talked about kingdom principles like fasting,Passover feast, honouring parents,giving alms, all these Jesus did in the New Testament. Because they are important kingdom principles, the were recorded done by Christ Jesus.

Jesus fasted, he gave to the poor, he honored his parents, he even paid tax..... But never was it ever recorded or written that Jesus or his disciples paid tithe...

Please if you have the bible verse were Jesus, the disciples or the later church paid tithe, please quote it let's end this discussion once and for all.

Jesus Christ is our standard and not the law,or men.
Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV)

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by kgr8mike(m): 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
flexshop:

Thanks for the post.
If Jesus is the one tithe should be paid to, then why did none of the brethren or disciples collect or pay tithe?

Abraham was the progenitor of the law.most mosaic practices came indirectly from Abraham eg circumcision. God started giving out his guidelines through Abraham. It was just during the time of Moses that they were written down.
Just like oral traditions being transcribed into written laws.

Like I always say while Abraham was an upright man, our standard remains Christ Jesus.

So I ask, where did Christ or his disciples pay tithe?

Luke 12:48 (NIV)

…From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

No longer are animal sacrifices necessary, but we are now to sacrifice our own lives and live for Christ, not ourselves. No longer is ‘an eye for an eye’ appropriate but we are to love our enemies and ‘turn the other cheek’. These are only two examples of heightened responsibilities Jesus taught His people. As such, I can only conclude that the same holds true with the tithe. While it used to be the requirement, it should now be the minimum.”

Great dear!!!

Do you remember the rich young ruler that came to Jesus and demanded to know what he wiĺl do to inherits the kingdom of God?

Among all the things the rich young ruler enumerated he was doing that Jesus commended, tithing was one of them. Did you hear Jesus tell him he was doing the wrong things? No, so if he was not doing the wrong things the disciples did tithe because it is running in their vain. It's natural with them.

Remember Jesus told that young man to go sell all he has, give them to the poor and then come and follow him. This he couldn't do. And Jesus now told us how it is difficult for those that are rich in this world's goods find entering the kingdom difficult because they are not rich towards God.

God spoke through the prophets severally and in different occassions that he will make a new convenant that will not be as the first. But this time the law will not be written on tables of stone but on the tables of their hearts. They are not to be taught to know the Lord because all shall know Him. why? because the mind of God is in their mind and is their mind.

So today, the sum total of the law is written in our hearts which are (a) to love the Lord with all our heart and with all our soul and (b)to love our neighbour as ourselves.

Because we love our neighbour as ourselves we no longer struggle with thou shall not steal, thou shall not commit adultery etc. because we love our neighbour.

And again because we love the Lord with all our heart and with all our soul we also do not struggle with things as paying of tithe because they are just our natural spiritual practice which is part of thou shall love the Lord Thy God...and so it is part of our honour to the Lord our God

You see the new convenant came to give us the summary of the whole matter which also removed the irrelevants to make us concentrate.

Things like shading of animal bloods were removed because those could not wash away sin(s). So the blood of Jesus was the altimate and the final.

So this new convenant is written in our hearts and the summery is love for God and love for man.

Thank you.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
ETERNAL TRUTH WRITTEN HERE. I AM INFORMED BY THE OP. GRACE AND KNOWLEDG BE MULTIPLIED UNTO YOU.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam by flexshop(m): 1:33am On Nov 14, 2017
kgr8mike:

Great dear!!!

Do you remember the rich young ruler that came to Jesus and demanded to know what he wiĺl do to inherits the kingdom of God?

Among all the things the rich young ruler enumerated he was doing that Jesus commended, tithing was one of them. Did you hear Jesus tell him he was doing the wrong things? No, so if he was not doing the wrong things the disciples did tithe because it is running in their vain. It's natural with them.

Remember Jesus told that young man to go sell all he has, give them to the poor and then come and follow him. This he couldn't do. And Jesus now told us how it is difficult for those that are rich in this world's goods find entering the kingdom difficult because they are not rich towards God.

God spoke through the prophets severally and in different occassions that he will make a new convenant that will not be as the first. But this time the law will not be written on tables of stone but on the tables of their hearts. They are not to be taught to know the Lord because all shall know Him. why? because the mind of God is in their mind and is their mind.

So today, the sum total of the law is written in our hearts which are (a) to love the Lord with all our heart and with all our soul and (b)to love our neighbour as ourselves.

Because we love our neighbour as ourselves we no longer struggle with thou shall not steal, thou shall not commit adultery etc. because we love our neighbour.

And again because we love the Lord with all our heart and with all our soul we also do not struggle with things as paying of tithe because they are just our natural spiritual practice which is part of thou shall love the Lord Thy God...and so it is part of our honour to the Lord our God

You see the new convenant came to give us the summary of the whole matter which also removed the irrelevants to make us concentrate.

Things like shading of animal bloods were removed because those could not wash away sin(s). So the blood of Jesus was the altimate and the final.

So this new convenant is written in our hearts and the summery is love for God and love for man.

Thank you.

Greetings in the name of our lord,
Yes I remember the rich young man. I remember Jesus starting the answer to his question with keep the law... Everything Jesus said in that instance was in respect to mosaic laws.no mention of tithe

[Matthew 19:16-22New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good[a] Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”

17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good?[b] No one is good but One, that is, God.[c] But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”

Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’[d] and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”[e]

20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth.[f] What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Everything that was written was written for a purpose.
Fasting was documented, so was Passover feast. The bible is complete. Anything Christ omitted was simply not a kingdom principle.

I have asked for where Christ or any disciple paid tithe? Nowhere

Also Jesus knew the rich man was attached to worldly things, the episode was a lesson to people on attachment to worldly pleasures without keeping the kingdom in sight.

Giving is an eternal kingdom principle and not tithe

Remain blessed

(1) (Reply)

Do Traditional Religions Teach Love Like Christianity Does / Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? / See What This Priest Did To This Couple After Wedding Anniversary. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.