Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best (21971 Views)

COVID-19: UNILAG Students Vacating The Hostel (Video) / UNILAG Students Dragging Water From A Broken Tap / OAU Vs UNILAG- Students Battle Each Other On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by NoToPile: 12:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
I laugh when people shout unilag.

Most if not all government owned universities in Nigeria are below par, unilag inclusive.

Nothing special about the school, I did a PG program there and I am currently running another PG program there.

I have said it before and will say it again unilag is just a brand that's all.

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Starkid3010(m): 12:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
safiaaBUTTHOLE:

That university (OAU) is shit_, and you know it
No Need To Argue Just Google It
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Starkid3010(m): 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
Thermodynamics:
Best when nor de among first 5000 for the world.
Nigerians should stop deceiving themselves, University of this, University of that. Even with all these their complex names like "FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY .......... FILL IN THE BLANK" ALL NIGERIAN SCHOOLS ARE WACK, ALL THESE ONE WHEN UNILAG, UI, UNIBEN, FUTO, FUTA, BLABLABLA, ALL NA CAST, THEM NOR EVEN FOLLOW FOR AFRICA SEF.
Ok Sir
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by rampantlover: 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
This is what we call a University and not the market place you talking about.

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by naylor(f): 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
Which best? They are not even in the world ranking, the University of Ibadan is there. You won't see UI students coming here to open stupid threads.
Oh I forgot, the op just mentioned their bragging abilities. Typical.

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Abuklaw(m): 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
Without mincing words, I give the "best" award to ABU. The only school that reflects Nigeria. As a yoruba boy, sitting beside me now is Ikechukwu and Salisu. If you need to teach Nigerians tolerance, send them to ABU first and then watch how peaceful they would become.

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by micflo28(m): 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
In all honesty, Unilag is a toddler where uniabuja is. Our physics students will coach their engineering students. The records are their

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
Pavore9:

And since when have where a student sleeps, reads and eat not have a direct impact on his academics? You think universities all over the world that provide a high quality accommodation for their students are joking?
OK Dis o.a.u students who go for international competitions dont they stay in Dis hostels too. your point doesn't hold any water
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by kudzic(m): 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
University of first choice and the Nations pride...we have two universities in Nigeria; unilag and others.

Greatest Akokite!!

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
rampantlover:
This is what we call a University and not the market place you talking about.
which uni is DAT, almost looks like eksu
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Jidesam01: 12:59pm On Nov 13, 2017
brunobaba:
Greatest OOUITES...I know y'all will skin me alive,OSUITES...pls like my comment jare.
sorry oo
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by pizzylee(m): 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
just like England players, they are overrated. some of them even think once u r a unilag student,you are more beautiful n better than others
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by teekrackz(m): 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
Success is not a function of a place but of a person.

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
iambabaG:
Like earlier said..
They are dwelling on past glory but you know what is said about a one eyed man in the land of the blind? He is king!
That’s the sorry state of the education sector. In the next 10yrs, the private varsities will reign supreme. Except something drastic is done, it’s on a downward spiral.
private unis I might agree if u talk about covenant, Babcock, but any other one is poppycock. wen I was in predegree d lecturer taking me lit oo1(drama and literary appreciation), she was lecturing in Bowen she said she gave them a test an she found a handful of them cheating, she said she told them DAT if they should try DAT in O.a.u they are bound to face expulsion. and u want to compare dem with federal unis . pathetic*spits on ground*
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
fynestboi oautemitayo come and see
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Pavore9: 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
hadow:
OK Dis o.a.u students who go for international competitions dont they stay in Dis hostels too. your point doesn't hold any water

It is not about going for international competitions, the question should be how do these students feel on after attending these competitions and have an opportunity to experience living in a quality accommodation in the host university?

Do you think those students if they get the opportunity to transfer to such schools they will insist on wanting to remain in OAU or even UNN?

No one feels comfortable with lower quality but how we for do am?
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 1:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
Pavore9:

It is not about going for international competitions, the question should be how do these students feel on after attending these competitions and have an opportunity to experience living in a quality accommodation in the host university?

Do you think those students if they get the opportunity to transfer to such schools they will insist on wanting to remain in OAU or even UNN?

OK let's start on a new note.
have u been to the school before
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
Pavore9:

have u been to the school before.
I agree some people would rather be on other unis bit if I may ask u what do u think makes den stay?
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Pavore9: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
hadow:
have u been to the school before

I have not been to OAU likewise many other Nigerian universities but students of various schools share online the realities of their learning environment.

I work and study outside Nigeria and clearly know what incorporates into effective learning.
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Ubiquity: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
hadow:
have u met someone from oba awon university. I don't think so
What About someone from UNN, I guess NO..
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by greenek: 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
naylor:
Which best? They are not even in the world ranking, the University of Ibadan is there. You won't see UI students coming here to open stupid threads.
Oh I forgot, the op just mentioned their bragging abilities. Typical.

UI in world ranking, baba, takeam easy na abi show proof grin
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by greenek: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
micflo28:
In all honesty, Unilag is a toddler where uniabuja is. Our physics students will coach their engineering students. The records are their

grin grin grin kkk
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
Pavore9:

I have not been to OAU likewise many other Nigerian universities but students of various schools share online the realities of their learning environment.

I work and study outside Nigeria and clearly know what incorporates into effective learning.
OK I understand ur POV and I no longer wish to beat around d bush. when u say d hostels do u mean d interior or d he exterior
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ubiquity:

What About someone from UNN, I guess NO..
no but I have read quite a lot about it
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by naylor(f): 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
greenek:

UI in world ranking, baba, takeam easy na abi show proof grin
The same way you quoted me, use it to browse.
After all, google is your friend.

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Pavore9: 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
hadow:
have u been to the school before.
I agree some people would rather be on other unis bit if I may ask u what do u think makes den stay?

Finance is a key issue. Let us assume that some Canadian universities are offering full scholarships open to undergraduate students of OAU irrespective of the course of study. How many percentage of the students will apply?
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Pavore9: 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
hadow:
OK I understand ur POV and I no longer wish to beat around d bush. when u say d hostels do u mean d interior or d he exterior

All inclusive, the lawn and shrubs around the hostels should be calming to the mind and as one steps inside the hostel the ambience should invoke a sense that those living in it are minds who are drivers of positive change and not feel that you have entered a refugee camp where chaos, dirtiness and dilapidation is the norm.
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
Pavore9:

Finance is a key issue. Let us assume that some Canadian universities are offering full scholarships open to undergraduate students of OAU irrespective of the course of study. How many percentage of the students will apply?
frankly I think about 40%
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by shizzy7(f): 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
NoToPile:
I laugh when people shout unilag.

Most if not all government owned universities in Nigeria are below par, unilag inclusive.

Nothing special about the school, I did a PG program there and I am currently running another PG program there.

I have said it before and will say it again unilag is just a brand that's all.
If there is nothing special there, why did you go back for another program?

It seems you really want to be part of the 'brand' by all means.

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Pavore9: 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
hadow:
frankly I think about 40%

I know you also laughed as you typed the 40% as we both know the real score cheesy No one enjoys stressful situations.

NECO Releases 2016 Results / Medical Student: Lets Meet. / Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU