Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Meet Disney's First Black Animator - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet Disney's First Black Animator (664 Views)

Dr. Wendy Okolo, First Black Woman To Bag A Phd In Aerospace Engineering / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering / Nigerian Lady, Wendy Okolo Becomes The First Black Woman To Bag Aerospace PHD Wi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Disney's First Black Animator by CasaFFa(f): 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2017

Floyd Norman dreamed of working for Disney as a child. In an interview with Curiosity, he says, “When I was a kid, my dream was to work for Walt Disney. Maybe it was a crazy dream, but it was a dream nonetheless and I believed in it.”

Just 2 years after art school, Floyd Norman began working as an animator with Disney in 1956, in the process, becoming the first black animator in the company. However, Norman doesn’t see himself as a trailblazer. “I didn’t come in as a person of color, I came in as an artist", Norman says, "I didn’t come in to break down barriers, I came in to get a job. I was just another ambitious kid.”

Norman worked alongside Walt Disney himself on some famous Disney classics, including “Sleeping Beauty”, “Mary Poppins” and “Jungle Book”. The 81-year old Norman can still be seen on the Disney campus doing freelance work from time to time.

Read more from the interview with Floyd Norman here - http://www.eagleheadline.com/archives/11168
Re: Meet Disney's First Black Animator by naijacartoon: 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, salute to one of our kind.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rent Solutions / Oil & Gas Offshore/onshore Employment Opportunity / The 8 Best Money Advice/tips That Every Teenager Should Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.