Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 (50867 Views)

Naira Marley: I Don't Do Drugs, I Just Smoke Weed / Toyin Aimakhu Abraham Celebrates Her 33rd Birthday With Lovely Photos / Toyin Aimakhu Celebrates Funke Akindele’s Pregnancy [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by laidelaitan(f): 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nollywood star, Toyin Abraham, opened up on her past when she abused hard drugs like marijuana and codeine, and was involved in other vices.

The actress made the disclosure at the 2017 edition of Success Story Africa, held at the TLC Auditorium, Lagos, on Saturday.

“You need to stop bad habits. I was involved in a lot of vices and it became worse last year,” she said at the event.

“I did drugs and I am not ashamed to say it because it’s now a thing of the past. They say codeine makes you high; I took a lot. I smoked a lot and I didn’t even know I looked horrible, because I was so skinny.

“If you came to my house last year, you would meet a lot of people and you wont want to leave because we smoked, gossiped about people and what have you.”

The actress also revealed that she once hawked plantain chips to help feed her family.

She said growing up was not easy for her because her family was not financially buoyant, although things worked out for them because they worked hard and were “spiritually buoyant”.

She also talked about the mistakes she has made in the entertainment industry and how she has not let the negativity shape her.

“I made a lot of mistakes when I began acting and that was because I did not have plans. I just wanted to be known.

“But, I now know that being popular isn’t the same thing as being successful. When I got into the industry and the fame became too much, I became irresponsible.

“I could not boast of N1 million in 2016. I was making money and I wanted to feel among. When one of our colleagues bought a car, it was trouble because we all strove to buy the same car or a bigger one.

“I had to change my circle for good and this change started in March 2017.”

Previously called Toyin Aimakhu, the actress changed her name to Toyin Abraham in December 2016.

The well-attended event also featured inspiring speeches by ace comedian, Bovi Ugboma; and Commissioner for Information, Ogun State, Dayo Adeneye, among other speakers.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/nollywood/249265-i-used-take-marijuana-codeine-hard-drugs-toyin-abraham.html/amp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by darkenkach(m): 6:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
9jaDoc:

Do you give a fvck?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Qsscruz(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
2016 isn't so in the past..Talk to us after five years..

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Airforce1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
How much is codeine that left you broke

Are you sure you not giving your money to men undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by veekid(m): 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
And I saw her smoking cigar @ Drovans ringroad sometimes in April this year ...... Well E no konsain me sha? Lemme come and be going

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Flashh: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Abeg, say something sensible.

12 Likes

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Nostradamu(m): 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
v cv
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Jemerson: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
angry

13 Likes

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Poly iree grad pls tell us what tonto I taking grin

1 Like

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by akeentech(m): 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
darkenkach:

Do you give a fvck?
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Realfitbody: 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
“You need to stop bad habits. I was involved in a lot of vices and it became worse last year,” she said at the event.

“I did drugs and I am not ashamed to say it because it’s now a thing of the past. They say codeine makes you high; I took a lot. I smoked a lot and I didn’t even know I looked horrible, because I was so skinny.

To be sincere, she did more than just bad drugs, but just like Cercei Lannister, she will only confess the ones which seem convenient.

In Other News
You can check out my blog www.realfitbody.com for Here Is What Your Favorite Sex Position Says About You

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by curvilicious: 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
If Toyobaby can lie for popularity nd praises how sure am i that Toyin Aimakhu is not telling a lie? undecided

1 Like

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by nairalandfreak(m): 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
Who knows maybe that's why Adeniyi Johnson left her

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
"Welcome back" to your better self. Your bad friends are worse than your worst enemies. They are your real enemies.

4 Likes

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by MrPresident1: 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
Toyin n mu'gbo

4 Likes

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by easyfem(m): 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
I said it , diz bitch is a smoker
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by mosho2good: 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
don't let us talk much u took codeine which is very bad for the health
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
You don't want to be useful alive while dead you don't want your organs to be useful. And yet your matter is entering front page undecided

easyfem:
I said it , diz bitch is a smoker

Aren't they all today? You see babes puffing out smoke from their mouth like say na exhaust pipe. I wonder if their mothers and grandmothers had lived such lives will they give birth to healthy babies and good genes that they are enjoying now? The selfish, self centered lots.

Shioor.

5 Likes

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Ayokunlemi96(m): 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
Good lessons.
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ordinary codeine
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by hlemon: 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
For those that still do drugs, please stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un5H89G3mO0

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by NwaAmaikpe: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
shocked

No wonder she plays the imbecilé role perfectly.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by free2ryhme: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
This is superstory
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by free2ryhme: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
Froggie also took hard drugs
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by abike12(f): 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
hmmm
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by toprealman: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
Qsscruz:
2016 isn't so in the past..Talk to us after five years..
c ya life......monitoring spirit.
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Opistorincos(m): 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
E no concern us
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by nairavsdollars(f): 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
Talking as if she is a billionaire. How much can you boast of now aunty?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by HARDLABOR: 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
The reason why toyin aimaku is taking those shiits is bcoz she entered a bus da was suppose to land in Spain by the flight she's booking so she immediately remove her pause to bring the pants that she wanted to drink ice cream but on my mind I thought she's giving it for free but I don't buy the idea anyway........................

Abeg make una no vex o Walahi ano no wetin dey do me dis 9te
Re: Toyin Aimakhu: I Took Codeine, Hard Drugs. I Couldn't Boast Of N1m In 2016 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
she no tell us everything jare cheesy.
nairavsdollars:
Talking as if she is a billionaire. How much can you boast of now aunty?
see them! angry how much you get? E reach one million cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Confer On Osita Iheme 'New Civilian General' (Pics) / Toke Makinwa Exposes Sandra, Frank Edoho’s Wife over poor job in her house / Ikorodu Bois Mimic Charles Okocha Throwing Bundles Of Money (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.