Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ (566 Views)

Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) / Zimbabwe Military Takeover Live Updates: Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest / Robert Mugabe Agrees To Step Down, Negotiates For Grace To Leave Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ by FRESHGIST247: 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
Zimbabwe’s army chief has warned President Robert Mugabe to end the purge in the country’s ruling Zanu-PF party, threatening to step in.

The warning came a week after Mr. Mugabe fired his deputy, Emmerson Mnangagwa, a move widely seen as meant to clear the path for Mr. Mugabe’s wife, Grace, to become president.

Mr. Mnangagwa, a former defence minister, was once seen as a possible president. He has since fled into exile.

On Monday, Army Chief Constantino Chiwenga, a general, told a news conference attended by 90 senior army officers that the removal of people who were involved in the independence struggle, like Mr. Mnangagwa, would not be tolerated, the BBC reports.

http://regulusnews.com/2017/11/13/zimbabwes-military-warns-mugabe-threatens-to-step-in/
Re: Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ by MistadeRegal(m): 12:02am On Nov 14, 2017
Clash of Titans loading....
Re: Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 14, 2017
Talkative Army Chief. Now expect the purge going on in the ZANU-PF to be extended to the Army. You don't go on air to make such statements,you strike and take the State unawares. What sort of soldiers are these?
Re: Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ by panafrican(m): 4:05am On Nov 14, 2017
When I heard Mugabe wife was interested in taking over after him, I sensed the military would not support her and there could well be a military coup in the wee hours of her presidency.
Things seem to go faster than expected because what we are witnessing right now is the beginning of a coup..
Re: Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ by birdman(m): 5:52am On Nov 14, 2017
mansakhalifa:
Talkative Army Chief. Now expect the purge going on in the ZANU-PF to be extended to the Army. You don't go on air to make such statements,you strike and take the State unawares. What sort of soldiers are these?

What is the old man going to do? He probably sleeps 12hrs a day at this point. By the time the army chief is making such statements, his boys are already guarding tne presidential family.
Mugabe erred trying to take out his fellow criminals for his wife...even among thieves, small honor dey grin
Re: Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 14, 2017
@birdman Lol @sleeping 12 hours a day. I concede: THAT was hilarious.
Re: Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 14, 2017
birdman:

What is the old man going to do? He probably sleeps 12hrs a day at this point. By the time the army chief is making such statements, his boys are already guarding tne presidential family.
Mugabe erred trying to take out his fellow criminals for his wife...even among thieves, small honor dey grin
But still,don't underestimate the oldie. From my calculations,he is very much bent on leaving the reigns of the State in the hands of his family. If that is the case,then believe me my guy,he would go to any extreme to clean up the military just to do away with people like Mr. Talkative General there. Remember,even in his 12 hours sleep,he still commands enormous loyalty. All he needs to do is plant a few traitors in the army and you know the rest. That guy is senile but it doesn't change the fact that he remains paranoid as always.
Re: Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 14, 2017
panafrican:
When I heard Mugabe wife was interested in taking over after him, I sensed the military would not support her and there could well be a military coup in the wee hours of her presidency.
Things seem to go faster than expected because what we are witnessing right now is the beginning of a coup..
Then the "coup" has failed. Old boy Mugabe has been alerted. The General shouldn't have opened his mouth-at least not yet. If Old Bob doesn't start picking up Generals like mushrooms from their various homes,then I will know that old age has really softened him. Remember how the 2015 coup in Burundi failed right? It had to do with some generals inability to shut their mouths and plan meticulously.
Re: Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ by panafrican(m): 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2017
mansakhalifa:
Then the "coup" has failed. Old boy Mugabe has been alerted. The General shouldn't have opened his mouth-at least not yet. If Old Bob doesn't start picking up Generals like mushrooms from their various homes,then I will know that old age has really softened him. Remember how the 2015 coup in Burundi failed right? It had to do with some generals inability to shut their mouths and plan meticulously.
100 % agreed.
Once the military decides to interfere with the decision-making process in the political arena, it is a blatant act of insubordination and meddling. This general can be arrested.
Re: Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ by panafrican(m): 2:56am On Nov 15, 2017
Latest news

BBC.com/africa
Zimbabwe crisis: Soldiers 'take over broadcaster ZBC'
12 minutes ago

Africa
Soldiers are reported to have taken over the headquarters of Zimbabwe's national broadcaster, ZBC, amid a growing political crisis.
Heavy gunfire and artillery have also been heard in northern suburbs, although the situation is unclear.
There has been no word so far from 93-year-old President Robert Mugabe.
Zimbabwe's ambassador in South Africa, Isaac Moyo, dismissed any talk of a coup and said the government was "intact".
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41992351
Re: Zimbabwe’s Military Warns Mugabe, Threatens To ‘step In’ by birdman(m): 11:33pm On Nov 16, 2017
mansakhalifa:

for where. coup is a success like I told you. As you can see, it is good night for Mugabe. He gravely miscalculated how much support he had, probably spurred on by his jezebelic wife. The moment he started attacking other founding fathers, he attacked the same aura that made him invincible. Before the fiasco with the VP, the army stepping in was unthinkable. Mugabe sowed the seeds of his own ouster. I hope Grace Mugabe gets a long jail term for something

(1) (Reply)

Melania Trump Demanded Spiritual Cleansing Of WH, Removal of Pagan Demonic idols / Time-traveling Guy 'noah' From Year 2030 Wears Gophers Shirt / Isreal: An Example Of God's Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.