Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,645 members, 7,816,654 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke (1223 Views)

Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden / Reinhard Bonnke: "We Don’t Collect Offering At Our Crusades" / Reinhard Bonnke Arrives In Nigeria For The Farewell Crusade In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke by iamozipatrick(m): 8:36am On Nov 14, 2017
Celebrated German evangelist Reinhard Bonnke, who is known for his great gospel crusades throughout Africa, has called out pastors who collect offerings from their congregants.

Bonnke, the son of a pastor and who has saved many lost lives, gave his life to the Lord at a tender age of nine, and heard the call to the African mission field before he was even a teenager.

He is currently in Nigeria for a crusade.

Nowadays, pastors, especially in Africa, are conning their followers in the name of performing miracles and healing.

Most of them have adapted to a more sophisticated — and super flamboyant — lifestyles and are giving politicians a run for their money.

Well, evangelist Bonnke, who is among the few preachers who don't collect offerings during crusades, had this to say about rogue pastors. "We are here to bless you; we have brought you gifts of salvation and deliverance; we are here to give and not to take anything from you. Anyone who asks you to give offering for this crusade is a thief and should be reported immediately."

Source: https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/11/13/pastors-who-collect-offerings-are-thieves-reinhard-bonnke_c1668391

Re: Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 14, 2017
Including those who collect the so called Tithe !!
Re: Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke by felixomor: 8:39am On Nov 14, 2017
Stop posting fake headlines and fake news.
He was talking about crusades.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke by hisgrace090: 8:54am On Nov 14, 2017
Offering is biblically acceptable.
Re: Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke by Goshen360(m): 9:02am On Nov 14, 2017
hisgrace090:
Offering is biblically acceptable.

Show us scriptures....do you know what offerings mean?

1 Like

Re: Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke by judedwriter(m): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2017
Goshen360:

Show us scriptures....do you know what offerings mean?

Phi 4:15

Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

4:16

For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

4:17

Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

4:18

But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

4:19

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Re: Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke by Goshen360(m): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2017
judedwriter:

Phi 4:15

Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

4:16

For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

4:17

Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

4:18

But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

4:19

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

And those are called OFFERINGS? grin

1 Like

Re: Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke by judedwriter(m): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
Goshen360:

And those are called OFFERINGS? grin
Of course, read verse 18 again. An offering is anything you offer as sweet smelling sacrifice to God. The money we give to the church smells like sweet sacrifice to God, it is an offering! Don't get things twisted.
Re: Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke by Qofoni: 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
Look for latest events in Christendom Login to www.christianevents.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

The Corona Virus Menace ; I Have A Message For The WORLD / Prophetic Fulfillment In Israel . Jews Are Preaching Jesus To Jews / In The Light Of Truth: Man And His Freewill (conclusion).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.