Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,039 members, 7,953,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:08 AM

Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs (1931 Views)

Should I Replace The Wheel Hub Or Put Bearings? / Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? / Can I Replace Honda City Engine With Toyota Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by Nelbless(m): 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hello house,

I want to purchase a nigerian used 2004 infinity fx45 from a friend, its neat and well kept, but then its an eight plugs suv.....which gives me serious concern on its fuel consumption..

However, I want to verify from Nairalanders here, that are auto mechanics, pros....

If I could replace the factory engine it came with which has 8 plugs, by buying a four plug or six plug engine...replacing it

Again, if their are auto parts dealers here, importers of vehicle engine, please call me on 07051700339, for engine negotiation
Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by autologic: 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2017
Nelbless:
Hello house,

I want to purchase a nigerian used 2004 infinity fx45 from a friend, its neat and well kept, but then its an eight plugs suv.....which gives me serious concern on its fuel consumption..

However, I want to verify from Nairalanders here, that are auto mechanics, pros....

If I could replace the factory engine it came with which has 8 plugs, by buying a four plug or six plug engine...replacing it

Again, if their are auto parts dealers here, importers of vehicle engine, please call me on 07051700339, for engine negotiation
It will consume more fuel if u want to embark on such swap

2 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by Lexusgs430: 1:53pm On Nov 14, 2017
Nelbless:
Hello house,

Why not buy another car that you can conveniently maintain ?

3 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by earthrealm(m): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
Nelbless:
Hello house,

yes you can, you may also consider removing the gearbox and engine, n hitching a horse/mule to the front end to pull the car.

on a serious note, you cant downgrade to 4 plus. simply look for another car your pocket can afford, corolla, sonata, honda city etc..hv superb fuel economy

5 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by Nelbless(m): 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2017
earthrealm:

yes you can, you may also consider removing the gearbox and engine, n hitching a horse/mule to the front end to pull the car.

on a serious note, you cant downgrade to 4 plus. simply look for another car your pocket can afford, corolla, sonata, honda city etc..hv superb fuel economy

I understand...I was only giving it a thought, due to the urgency of the sales, the price...which is way low..(myself and my mechanic have seen the car and its ok)

Would give ur suggestion a serious thought... Tx
Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by Nelbless(m): 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2017
earthrealm:

Please can you recommend SUVS that has good fuel economy.......the road to.my residence needs an suv
Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by Lexusgs430: 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2017
earthrealm:

OP5T launching soon ....... On the side note, so is Umidigi S2 PRO ........ Happy days ..........

1 Like

Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by TPound(m): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2017
Nelbless:

Please can you recommend SUVS that has good fuel economy.......the road to.my residence needs an suv

The best I can advise you to buy is an Hyundai SantaFe...it comes in a V6 and an i4 variant...and its very easy to maintain...forget the fact that I have some SUVs for sale, I'm just giving my piece of advice
Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by DaimlerBen(m): 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2017
Nelbless:

...due to the urgency of the sales, the price...which is way low ...and its ok...
How?
Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by Nelbless(m): 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2017
DaimlerBen:

How?

As I stated, the seller is a friend who needs money and want to sell the vehicle for a bargain price, so I thought if I could buy it for that price, maybe I could add money and upgrade the car....or better still downgrade its engine
Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by Readonee35L(m): 4:07pm On Nov 14, 2017
This must be a joke.
I'm sorry to say this but Are you okay?

Do you know the weight of that car?

Anyway Gazzuzz can swap in a 2az-fe + 10pin Gearbox complete with the wiring .
You can also contact kingreign or mayor2010 they will gladly take this offer. grin
Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2017
Nelbless:

As I stated, the seller is a friend who needs money and want to sell the vehicle for a bargain price, so I thought if I could buy it for that price, maybe I could add money and upgrade the car....or better still downgrade its engine

I can assure you seller is not a friend. Quote the price to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by diportivo: 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2017
Readonee35L:
This must be a joke.
I'm sorry to say this but Are you okay?

Do you know the weight of that car?

Anyway Gazzuzz can swap in a 2az-fe + 10pin Gearbox complete with the wiring .
You can also contact kingreign.he will gladly take this offer. grin

as mouthpiece for the aforementioned

we hereby decline this offer and have passed it on to oga trygo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by nurey(m): 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2017
Nelbless:
Hello house,

My boss owns an FX35 and I can categorically tell you that car falls hand even though the FX35 has the award winning VQ35DE, the FX series is not for people who manage car also not for people who can't afford premium services. Low ba3 voltage nah wahala, dash board nah burning sensation, electrical it's headache, engine seals is always leaking oil Sha.

Don't buy the car because of its been given on a platter of gold, because when the car change am for you, you will start singing ponmile by reminisce grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 15, 2017
Nelbless:
Hello house,

Swapping engine is not a crime, but I would not advice anybody to swap engine on any Infiniti car. The FX35/45 are already very sensitive enough, messing with it will only complicate things. I've drove the FX35 for close to a year,very responsive, fun to drive but some dodgy electicals. If u like the car so much kukuma look for FX35 which is V6 instead of trying to swap the engine from a V8.
Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by DaimlerBen(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nelbless:

Why not fix its gremlins, help your friend sell at a profit, give your friend his share & pocket the change?
Then you can buy a Hijet or Every van (one less cylinder/plug than you wanted). grin
Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by earthrealm(m): 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nelbless:

not knowing ur budget..its dicey.
rav4 all models are good
same for honda crv....
highlander 4 cylinder is also ok

@lexusgs430 naaah, am done buying fone till 2020 or so....utter waste of money, my OP 5 is serving me excellently, trying to keep up with the latest phones/gadget is a big waste of time/money.
unless i can see who i can sell my op 5 at 70% cp....thats the only reason i would get the op 5t
Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2017
DaimlerBen:

Why not fix its gremlins, help your friend sell at a profit, give your friend his share & pocket the change?
Then you can buy a Hijet or Carry van (one less cylinder/plug than you wanted ). grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by Lexusgs430: 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
earthrealm:

not knowing ur budget..its dicey.
rav4 all models are good
same for honda crv....
highlander 4 cylinder is also ok

@lexusgs430 naaah, am done buying fone till 2020 or so....utter waste of money, my OP 5 is serving me excellently, trying to keep up with the latest phones/gadget is a big waste of time/money.
unless i can see who i can sell my op 5 at 70% cp....thats the only reason i would get the op 5t

We can all simply admire from a distance, not at the expense of our bank balance........

1 Like

Re: Can I Replace My 8plugs Engine With Four Plugs by Inception(m): 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

[b]I can assure you seller is not a friend. [/b]Quote the price to confirm.

grin

(1) (Reply)

Car Upgrade And Maintainance 08038156694 / Car Parking Space Available For You Near Computer Village / Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.