Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? (953 Views)

What Kind Of Pastor Is This? / Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. / Church Politics - What Do You Know Or Think Of It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by Eziachi: 7:59pm On Mar 22, 2010
One of the unfortunate and biggest plagues to Nigerian political development is this myopic notion built into a national psyche that this "GOD" gives power. How damaging this has been for Nigeria, and the worst case is the fact that this nonsensical theory had been peddled and promoted by the so called educated Nigeria.

Which country in the world would you look at and say that their government is a Godly government? (whatever that means) In fact, the closer govts claim to be to God, the worse they are, example is Iran. Then compare that to the Chinese, whose believes in a God is not their cup of tea or the old Soviets that ban religion al together.

What kind of God made Hitler, Pinochet, Mussolini, Idi Amin, Jean Bokasa, and Samuel Does of this world a leader? If I want to be indulged, I will say that it is Satan that makes world leaders. Jesus say his govt is not of mankind, so where did Nigerian got this silly, deceiving and cunning idea that God ALMIGHT in heaven choose world animalistic leaders, especially the Nigerian ones. What kind of God will line up Abacha, Abdusallam, Obasanjo and now Yar Adua in quick succession for one single nation?

God has nothing to do with human Governments as time and history has proved that. Nigerians so deep in deceiving themselves has coined this theory and all the rogues ruling elites themselves has always used it to justify their evil ascension to power or a hold on to power too and their victims (the populace) has used it to swallow every rubbish pushed down into their throat in form leadership.
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by asha80(m): 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2010
Religion has actually caged people's mind in the country undecided
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by Eziachi: 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2010
You cannot speak with an average Nigerian for just few minutes without the person throwing God into the equation and in many cases; the reasoning will be so ever silly. This idea that God is behind every man's wish that comes to materialise irrespective of how it's achieve is so sickening. Today an armed robber in Nigeria believed in all honesty that the reason he escaped police bullet or arrest during a gun duel with the forces was because “this god” is behind him and the same thing you hear from election riggers too at the moment. That for the fact that an election manipulator and rogue made it to government, is a testimony of heavenly approval, how sick is that?
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by edoyad(m): 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2010
My guy grin grin , i nor fit laff. I swear if i become president i'll jail every mofo who as much as utters the letter G near me. Stu.pid get stu.pid leaders.
BTW where's elrazur ?
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by bombay: 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2010
Nigeria situation is this Pastor is chairman of office and the congregation is maga while the church workers are the office boys and gals pulling the magas in. grin
Don't you know maga must pay  grin
This na the ultimate office.
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by beystwin: 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2010
@ Topic, God works in mysterious ways. lipsrsealed
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by Eziachi: 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2010
Another mind blowing lexicon is the word "CALLING". Anywhere you look in Nigeria and outside Nigeria where substantial numbers lives,  is presence churches. Every empty school hall, every empty warehouse is now a church. Some one on a salary, after memorizing few bible verses, will start hearing his own voices and the next minutes he will tell you that he has been called by God. They are always called to start their own business (sorry church) but never been called to be loyal to God and still being subjective to someone else leadership.

Instantly his wife will become the most reverent mother and he will promote himself from Bishop to archbishop before you could say amen. His brothers, sisters, children and relatives all become one thing or another in his new business venture cum church and you will see Nigerians fools giving him 10% of their monthly sweat.

I don't care if people allowed themselves to be conned, but what is troubling is when it shows in government that affect everybody. Every Nigerian seem to know the mind of God, when they uses such phrase as "It is God's wish." As if they had God's email address or this God or Jesus among their facebook or twitter fictional friends.
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by Eziachi: 9:57pm On Mar 22, 2010
beystwin:

@ Topic, God works in mysterious ways.  lipsrsealed

Another myopic twang.
Then do not serve any God that is mysterious. As mysterious is never compactible with the word "TRUTH".
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by bombay: 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
Nigerians they have suffered so much that they think everything that happens now happens for a reason.

One question the god nigerians serve and the one the white mans serves are they the same.
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by asha80(m): 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2010
I once had an arguement with the mother-in-law of a friend of mine and to be honest i was stunned with what she said.

She said that it was good that nigeria is experiencing economic problems because it brings people closer to God and also set up churches unlike in the west that has become Godless because of economic prosperity or as she termed 'things are easy for them' undecided
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by bombay: 10:35pm On Mar 22, 2010
I think hell is the new heaven plenty of wine and beautiful women what more can one ask for.
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2010
asha 80:

I once had an arguement with the mother-in-law of a friend of mine and to be honest i was stunned with what she said.

She said that it was good that nigeria is experiencing economic problems because it brings people closer to God and also set up churches unlike in the west that has become Godless because of economic prosperity or as she termed 'things are easy for them' undecided

After that kind of discussion, I would never speak to the woman, and get to serious prayer that my children do not inherit any of that. ROFLMAO!!
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:45pm On Mar 22, 2010
@Topic
God is a comedian jo, he plays everything against each other like,
Give Nigeria great resources - make us crappy leaders
Give you sexual desire when you are 16 - tell you to wait till you are married at say 26 or 27 to express it
Give you crappy leaders - make you very religious so that no matter what you will praise his name

the list is endless bro, endless!
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by asha80(m): 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

After that kind of discussion, I would never speak to the woman, and get to serious prayer that my children do not inherit any of that. ROFLMAO!!

After she made that statement i lost appetite for the food i was eating that time .
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by beystwin: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2010
Eziachi:

Another myopic twang.
Then do not serve any God that is mysterious. As mysterious is never compactible with the word "TRUTH".
When discussing God, we need to decide if we believe in Him or not. After establishing this, we need to move on to the next stage, which is, do we understand Him? The truth is, nobody knows God. Everybody thinks they know him, interpreting Him and presenting Him to others.
The workings of the world are a mystery. Nobody knows why they were born and what they are here for.
Although I am personally unhappy about this, and would like to know God more, I have come to realise that this is like a wild goose chase and I may as well give up. In my quest to know/understand God, I have simply come to accept him as a child would, not questioning him - as the Bible says.
If you want to serve a 'God' you know, then you might as well serve another human being with authority, e.g. your boss. Some people worship money.
If we knew God, would he still be God? Or, put another way, do we have to know God in order for him to be God?
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by chosen04(f): 9:25am On Mar 23, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

@Topic
Give you sexual desire when you are 16 - tell you to wait till you are married at say 26 or 27 to express it
Give you crappy leaders - make you very religious so that no matter what you will praise his name

ILICISCOMK=====
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by Eziachi: 11:37am On Mar 23, 2010
beystwin:

When discussing God, we need to decide if we believe in Him or not. After establishing this, we need to move on to the next stage, which is, do we understand Him? The truth is, nobody knows God. Everybody thinks they know him, interpreting Him and presenting Him to others.
The workings of the world are a mystery. Nobody knows why they were born and what they are here for.
Although I am personally unhappy about this, and would like to know God more, I have come to realise that this is like a wild goose chase and I may as well give up. In my quest to know/understand God, I have simply come to accept him as a child would, not questioning him - as the Bible says.
If you want to serve a 'God' you know, then you might as well serve another human being with authority, e.g. your boss. Some people worship money.
If we knew God, would he still be God? Or, put another way, do we have to know God in order for him to be God?

Don’t even think that I am not a man of faith because I am one and a Christian based on the bible words. My understanding of the bible based on events and utterance recorded in it is that, God do not want robots as believers, he wants people to understand the person they are serving so that they can make an informed choice between him and his enemy Satan, so that they recognise when Satan is masquerading himself in any form as God himself or God’s spoke person. Jesus himself gave all his apostle choice of either to follow him or go their way. Moses questioned God when he sent him to go to Pharaoh as Moses knew himself as un- outspoken person and his God aided him by assigning him more outspoken person in Aaron to help him.
This God is mysterious embraced by millions of our people is very unchristian and it started with pagan ancient Romans that hijacked Christianity and it continued with the white men that brought it to Africa. The Romans banned reading of the bible because they claim it is mystery for common person even when the same bible/God that he will reveal himself to the babes and the suckling as against the wise and the prudent, but their main reason is to blind the people from the truth of the bible contents, while they will behind the scene, systematically smuggling ancient pagan rites like Christmas, Easter, worship Saints into the young Christian faith they hijacked.
This is not meant to be a religious issue par say, but just making a point of how myopic understanding of God has helped in fostering bad leadership on our people and how this understanding shaped the thinking cap and mind set of Nigerian election fraudsters, who thinks that whatever went through without failing, irrespective of how crooked and evil has the blessing of God, including election rigging. However, this includes ordinary folks too, who believed that their crooked governor or senator came to power because God said so. God is not stupid, neither does he choose leader and if he does the whole world would had been different.
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by joshua6: 12:51pm On Mar 23, 2010
Really, power belongs to God. Psalm 62 vs 11. Most of these world rulers are satanic in nature since satan is the ruler of the world for now. Adam lost the power to satan through disobedience to God in the garden of eden. When Jesus went tempted for 40 days and night by satan, he told Jesus to worship him and he would hand over the riches of the world unto him, since it was delivered to him (satan).

Nigeria situation is pathetic. The leaders is a reflection of our society for now. I have seen millitary in power, so also the civillians. They are all the same. Many Nigerians are greedy, selfish, wicked and corrupt. See police, they are busy collecting toll from check points. Will IGP say he's not aware. At federal level (especially FEC), we hear of award of contracts, we do not see projects being commissioned. NASS passes budget, they are not being implemented, due to reasons known to them. We also saw what happened in the Ministry of health when they shared the unspent budget of N300m as xmas gifts. So we understood that that may be the trend for many years.

Govt does not care about the people. They only protect certain interest. People are not in govt, just to serve the people, but to loot. We are rich, yet the citzens are poor. No infrastructure, no road, no electricity, our leaders travelled offshore, even to treat catarrh, yet most hopsitals are mere consulting clinics.

From the case of Isrealites, we understood that a nation gets the type of leaders they deserve. Righteousness is a stranger here. Sin is everywhere. Innocent blood are being shed, see the killings in Jos. May God have mercy.
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

@Topic

this is about as senseless a contribution as can be for the topic here. That you, after reading the main, feel God is the issue here, speaks volumes of your level of comprehension, or the depth of your issues with the dude. Gosh!!!
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
beystwin:

Ummm. . .  This, is not a discussion ABOUT God. So, the above does not apply,neither are you expected to believe in Him to understand this topic.

beystwin:

Dude, this thread is really not about YOU and your personal issues with God. That should be between you and Him, if you believe he exists. Can we not derail the thread please. Someone posed a very interesting topic on the problem in Nigeria and we already have folks making this about their personal issues WITH GOD. Did anyone else read this part of the post . . .

Eziachi:

[size=13pt]God has nothing to do with human Governments as time and history has proved that. Nigerians so deep in deceiving themselves has coined this theory and all the rogues ruling elites themselves has always used it to justify their evil ascension to power or a hold on to power too and their victims (the populace) has used it to swallow every rubbish pushed down into their throat in form leadership.[/size]

Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by naso2(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2010
@OP

Agreed we have a problem in this country trying to spritualise everything.

But my question is : Whats the difference between Nigerian leaders and Nigerians in general? IMO they are one and same.
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by Eziachi: 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Ummm. . .  This, is not a discussion ABOUT God. So, the above does not apply,neither are you expected to believe in Him to understand this topic.

Dude, this thread is really not about YOU and your personal issues with God. That should be between you and Him, if you believe he exists. Can we not derail the thread please. Someone posed a very interesting topic on the problem in Nigeria and we already have folks making this about their personal issues WITH GOD. Did anyone else read this part of the post . . .

Thank you sir for your understanding what this thread is all about. Sometimes you have to say that the Nigerian oppressed is the engineers of their own plight. The sorry thing is that fact that the rogue elite has realised this folly and use it to the maximum.
When a sane person will say that God is responsible for the ascension to power of person the people despise and did not vote for and will honestly believed that. When I say it, most people laugh- That if South Africa was Nigeria, apartheid would have lasted forever because our people will tell themselves that it was God's wish that apartheid should stay in place- as the elite ran around the evil regime for any possible crumpets and will be satisfied with it.
Re: This Is Purely Politics: What Kind Of God Will Produce Nigerian Leaders? by Eziachi: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
Please whoever the moderator is, please can you move this thread back to the politcs section as it got nothing to do with religion. If you read some of the response, you can see that even if one is blind,
I had used Nairaland for a long time to know where my intending target readers for this thread will be mostly find and it is an abuse of position on your part to move it with any known reason except that you had just decided it for religion section, even when you did not contribute to the thread yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Be At Peace With God And Man / Bomb Planted In Churches In Adamawa This Christmas / Tb Joshua Is Welcome To Cameroon!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.