Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

How To Tackle Ingratitude - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Tackle Ingratitude (558 Views)

'Ashawo' Can Tackle 10 Men Daily; You Have No Excuse Not To Satisfy Your Husband / How Can You Tackle This Issue If You Are The Husband? / Little Boy Tackle Father's Visitors For Stressing His Mother (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Tackle Ingratitude by Boooooooooni: 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2017
“They couldn’t even say thank you after all did. I regret doing every bit of what I did for them” those are the word of a man that had let the worry of ingratitude takes a large chunk of his life.

A quarter of us indulge ourselves in the orgy of self-pity of ingratitude. We worry about those children we raised that we thought were not appreciative enough, we worry about worker that were not thankful enough, we worry about those whose live we’ve saved an couldn’t bother to atop an say ’thank you’

The first thin to note here is: If we really want tackle ingratitude I that we should learn that IT IS PART OF THE HUMAN NATURE - IT IS HUMANE
A story was told of a woman that raised 6 of her nephews when they were small; she housed them, nursed them through the measles, fed them and got them educated. O they come back for her? Ye of course but they feared thee visits because he thought they were not appreciative enough. They knew that by visiting her, they would be subjected to sorrowful lamentation and bitter complaints; and when they thought had gotten enough of it, they stopped visiting. And what was the result of this? He was diagnosed with heart attack due to the emotional burden she had placed on herself. The answer here is; she wanted love and attention but she would never get it because she thought it was her right. The only way to get loved is to stop asking for it and instead pour it out. When we top asking for it and give it out, we ease ourselves of our emotional burden and pave the way for inner joy.

One other thing to note is: NEVER EXPECT GRATITUDE FROM PEOPLE

When Jesus helped ten (10) lepers one afternoon, you would expect all of them to be grateful for the BIG favor he had done them but guess what? Just one of them stopped to thank him. This is one of the biggest favors that a man could do but he got little gratitude, so why do we think gratitude for our small favors?

One of the wisest men in the Roman empire, Marcus Aurelius, wrote in his diary one day “I am going to meet people today, those who talk too much- people who are selfish an egotistical, ungrateful. But I won’t be surprised or disturbed, for I couldn’t imagine a world without such people.”

The point here I, let’ not expect gratitude for the favour we do but see it as our due to humanity an if we get some in return, it should be treated as a delightful surprise. If we don’t get it, we will be at peace.

Last but not least on our list is that ‘GRATITUDE IS A GROWN FEATURE’
“If our children are ungrateful, who is to blame? Maybe we are. If we have never taught them to express gratitude to other, how can we expect them to be grateful to us? Ingratitude is like weed. Gratitude is like rose, it has to be watered, cultivate, love and protected” Dale Carnegie said.
A man once spent his life savings, took enormous loans and worked his ass off overnight to send his step daughters to the university and never complained. You would expect he got gratitude from them, right? Hell No! Hi wife thought it would be stupid to impose ‘emotional burden of sense of obligation’ on her daughters. She didn’t want them to start their live under ‘debt’ .she never thought of teaching them the morals of appreciation and thought it was the duty of their step father after all. What she got in return? A breed of ungrateful souls.

So, let us remember to raise grateful children and it I our responsibility to be grateful too. Let u not belittle other people’ effort in their presence so that they will, unconsciously, absorb the habit of praise an appreciation.
Please visit http://cmreel..com for more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Tackle Ingratitude by Boooooooooni: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2017

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Avoid Cheating On Your Partner / With All The End Time Horrors Getting Good Domestic Staffs Is Hard. / All I Wanted Was My Father’s Love But I Received Abuse & Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.