Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. (1269 Views)

Toyota Corolla Starting And Idling Issues / Toyota Camry 2006 Rough Idling, AC Cooling Low When On Idle / Camry 2.2 Idling Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by Formidable1: 8:30pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hello folks,

My Mazda Premacy 2001 model has a problem. The idling is very unsteady. It goes high and low, and when I step on the clutch, the engine goes very low and most times shuts off. It also vibrates terribly when I'm not in motion or the car us idle. So in order to keep the engine running, I'll have to constantly pump the throttle. Btw, it's a manual transmission.

For over a week, I've been to about two different mechanic workshops. In the process, they've replaced the fuel pump, cleaned the fuel filter, cleaned the fuel tank, cleaned and serviced the fuel nozzles, replaced the plugs and the coils, replaced the airflow meter, reset and tightened the manifold in case air was leaking from there. All to no avail. I've spent over 20k trying to correct this problem and it has been very inconvenient for me taking public transports to my destinations.

So my dear nairalanders and engineers in the house, please advise me on what to do. I've tried everything I can but it's like my village people have sworn I won't drive home this December with my car.

Thanks.
Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by Drogo(m): 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2017
Chief Gazuzz come ooo

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by Formidable1: 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2017
Drogo:
Chief Gazuzz come ooo

Please, Chief come ooo Abeg. smiley
Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by mogreen22: 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2017
Formidable1:
Hello folks,

My Mazda Premacy 2001 model has a problem. The idling is very unsteady. It goes high and low, and when I step on the clutch, the engine goes very low and most times shuts off. It also vibrates terribly when I'm not in motion or the car us idle. So in order to keep the engine running, I'll have to constantly pump the throttle. Btw, it's a manual transmission.

For over a week, I've been to about two different mechanic workshops. In the process, they've replaced the fuel pump, cleaned the fuel filter, cleaned the fuel tank, cleaned and serviced the fuel nozzles, replaced the plugs and the coils, replaced the airflow meter, reset and tightened the manifold in case air was leaking from there. All to no avail. I've spent over 20k trying to correct this problem and it has been very inconvenient for me taking public transports to my destinations.

So my dear nairalanders and engineers in the house, please advise me on what to do. I've tried everything I can but it's like my village people have sworn I won't drive home this December with my car.

Thanks.
have them clean the throttle body. That should solve it
Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by Formidable1: 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2017
mogreen22:
have them clean the throttle body. That should solve it

Hmmm...I should try this.
Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by OPUSDEI1(m): 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
@ OP, When did this problem start, was any work done on the vehicle just before that?
Take the vehicle to a technician who understands the use of a professional scanner for appropriate Diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by mayor2013: 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2017
Snap pix of your engine bay. You might be have a problem with your idle air control solenoid. Moreover your ride is obd2 compliant. Run a scan

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by Kufie(m): 2:02am On Nov 15, 2017
Change spark plugs grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by autologic: 6:09am On Nov 15, 2017
If you in Lagos ,free diagnosis for you in autologic garage ,call the number @ my signature.
Deadline 17/11/2017 5 pm..

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by Formidable1: 10:02am On Nov 15, 2017
OPUSDEI1:
@ OP, When did this problem start, was any work done on the vehicle just before that?
Take the vehicle to a technician who understands the use of a professional scanner for appropriate Diagnosis.

Actually, the timing belt had problems and was replaced. That was 2 weeks ago...and after that this one started.

I guess I'll go for diagnosis. Thanks.
Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by Formidable1: 10:05am On Nov 15, 2017
autologic:
If you in Lagos ,free diagnosis for you in autologic garage ,call the number @ my signature.
Deadline 17/11/2017 5 pm..

Is there anyone in Anambra or Enugu? Cos that's where I reside.
Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by mayor2013: 11:58am On Nov 15, 2017
Formidable1:

Is there anyone in Anambra or Enugu? Cos that's where I reside.

Snap pix of your engine bay
Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by OPUSDEI1(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
@OP, most likely your timing is out of spec. You may come for a free Diagnosis, but Please give me a 12-24 hour notice. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Car's Idling Is Unsteady. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2018
Were you able to solve the problem.. Give us updates

(1) (Reply)

24/7 Mobile Car Wash In Lekki / I Bought My Car Cheaper Than The Normal Price. What Price Should I Insure It For / Audi A4 V6 Mechanic (engineer) Needed In In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.