Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs (1250 Views)

Can A V6 Engine Possibly Be More Powerful Than A V8? / Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine / Mazda's Breakthrough Makes Sparkless Petrol Engine As Efficient As Diesel Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs by omolomolarinero: 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello everyone, I'm in a fix right now. I purchased a Nissan truck from a family friend who imports vehicles from Belgium. He sent me pictures of the truck and we agreed a price. When it landed in Nigeria one of his boys went to pick it up and was brought down to my house. After few days I brought my mechanic to look it up cos I realized oil was leaking beneath. To our surprise, we realized the truck came with a diesel engine and was changed to a petrol engine in Nigeria. As if that isn't enough, we realized the engine put in is a v8 engine and was tweaked to use 4 plugs. The vehicle drives fine but I'm scared it might develop a major fault in future. I don't have a major problem with the engine change to a petrol engine, I need gurus in the house to explain to me how reliable a v8 engine tweaked to use 4 plugs can be

Re: Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs by diportivo: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
if ur Navara has a V8 engine different from the factory usual engines,then

one,we will like to see the engine bay...just to be sure it's not a 1uz-fe engine

two,that ur engine has the vcm technology is something unique...we need to see the engine bay still grin

cos this ur motor na one of a kind

1 Like

Re: Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs by omolomolarinero: 1:18am On Apr 27, 2019
diportivo:
if ur Navara has a V8 engine different from the factory usual engines,then

one,we will like to see the engine bay...just to be sure it's not a 1uz-fe engine

two,that ur engine has the vcm technology is something unique...we need to see the engine bay still grin

cos this ur motor na one of a kind

Thanks bro. This is the picture of the engine bae... Is it a V6 or v8 or a v4 whatever it is called

Re: Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs by cyborg123(m): 1:57am On Apr 27, 2019
I was wondering what you meant by 8-plug engine tweaked to use 4 plugs.

What you have there is a complete engine swap. You have nothing to worry about if the swap was professionally done.

I would advise you to use the vehicle with an open mind and faith that it will serve you without problems.
Re: Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs by diportivo: 5:06am On Apr 27, 2019
seems u av the nissan z engine

seemingly as a swap was done,this engine is not bad...albeit it's for an older model

but I'm actually worried about ur mechanic

the one that sees an i4 engine and tells u it's a v8 shocked

the earlier u sack him the better

a word is enough for the wise

enjoy ur ride
Re: Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs by omolomolarinero: 6:43am On Apr 27, 2019
diportivo:

seemingly as a swap was done,this engine is not bad...albeit it's for an older model

enjoy ur ride

Thank you very much, I'm just not happy with the fact that an older engine is installed. But since it's bn certified good will use it with an open mind hoping that the engine was installed properly
Re: Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs by omolomolarinero: 6:44am On Apr 27, 2019
cyborg123:
I was wondering what you meant by 8-plug engine tweaked to use 4 plugs.

What you have there is a complete engine swap. You have nothing to worry about if the swap was professionally done.

I would advise you to use the vehicle with an open mind and faith that it will serve you without problems.

Apart from oil leakages here n there and loose wires.. It looks good
Re: Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs by cyborg123(m): 11:46am On Apr 27, 2019
omolomolarinero:

Apart from oil leakages here n there and loose wires.. It looks good
Ok. You can get the mechanic to fix the oil leak and the loose wires can be properly insulated and bound together by a good rewire.

I drive a car with a swapped engine but everybody that sees the engine think it's a factory fitted engine. I bought & fixed the air cleaners, relocated the ECU and bound the loose wires flying around the bonnet myself.
Even the mechanic that did the swap was surprised. Personally, disorganized stuffs piss me off.

So... Yeah, I assure you that you can enjoy that vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs by chyka2011: 4:04pm On Apr 28, 2019
diportivo:

enjoy ur ride

My taught exactly. The mechanic needs to be sacked ASAP. The next thing he will tell you the cars is powered with solar energy.

(1) (Reply)

Avalon Urgently Needed / Diagnostic Scanners : From Diy To Top Level Diagnostic Tools. Follow This Thread / Help.. Bmw E30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.