Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli (43123 Views)

Argentina coach, Sampaoli Reveals What Messi Will Do Against Super Eagles / Nigeria Vs Croatia: Mandzukic Shocked Over Penalty Decision Against Super Eagles / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Messi May Not Have Saved Us From Defeat - Sampaoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by freakcin: 10:49am On Nov 15, 2017
How come all attention is on Iwobi at the moment. Iheanacho's freekick was exemplary and that was the beginning of our come back. Anyways, welldone to the team and good luck in Russia.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by teemy(m): 11:02am On Nov 15, 2017
Anyone feels that it was an intentional loss to make ISIS look away from the Argentinian team before the world cup? hmm. Just a though. A due congratulations to our team all the same.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by faith551(m): 11:03am On Nov 15, 2017
aribisala0:

The result is not the issue here so my point is inacessible to you

It feels good to win anything but that is not always the purpose of a friendly.

Infact a coach may wish to test a new system or set up so that his players have no attacking options and are forced to defend for 90 minutes. The bottomline is friendlies are for learning.

Our defence is not ready for the World cup YET

And maybe if they lost they wud be ready right. we played against illustrious names like dybala , Kun and the rest and you are busy talking about defence even with the only two goals they had being Keepers error??. Sorry bro, I think u're Camerronian

3 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2017
Nigerians wakeup from the dream. We always win friendlies before the world cup, it's a high, it places us on an lillusionary level thinking, were something ! Let's wait till next year and see if this same performance will be repeated. Pichikom !
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by chimeziedickson: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2017
When ever we loose in anything.......There is always a reason attached to it....So go and sit down.Thank your god that you guys escaped been humiliated.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by aribisala0(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2017
faith551:

And maybe if they lost they wud be ready right. we played against illustrious names like dybala , Kun and the rest and you are busy talking about defence even with the only two goals they had being Keepers error??. Sorry bro, I think u're Camerronian
I think you are stuupid

Sorry but that is what I think

I could be wrong
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by faith551(m): 11:15am On Nov 15, 2017
aribisala0:

I think you are stuupid

Sorry but that is what I think

I could be wrong

I heard NL has been infested by kids, just confirmed it. Pls stop showing off ur ignorance in public, I hate making ppl look bad. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by kjhova(m): 11:15am On Nov 15, 2017
Realdeals:
Nigeria will definitely witness a major leap in FIFA ranking for defeating the Argentine's.

There is a clear format guiding the FIFA rankings and the determinants including; the co-efficients of the teams playing, match type (FIFA WCQ or Friendly etc), period of the match relative to FIFA ranking date, movements on the ranking table due to other teams' performances and several other variables.

In short, If you have the last FIFA ranking and co-efficients of all the teams, and you have the scores of all FIFA graded matches played across the world since the last ranking date, you can calculate Nigeria's next ranking position yourself.

In conclusion, I think we may not rise much sha, given that most countries also played matches around that period and that our close competitors like Egypt, Tunisia and Senegal had good results in "competitive" games while we only won a "friendly" albeit against a highly rated Argentina side.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 15, 2017
aribisala0:

The result is not the issue here so my point is inacessible to you

It feels good to win anything but that is not always the purpose of a friendly.

Infact a coach may wish to test a new system or set up so that his players have no attacking options and are forced to defend for 90 minutes. The bottomline is friendlies are for learning.

Our defence is not ready for the World cup YET

Not just the defense , the that team isn't ready for a world cup
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by kechywillz(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2017
Person wey pass u pass u
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 15, 2017
Nigeria was better. Simple
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by STARKACE(m): 11:19am On Nov 15, 2017
Speakdatruth:
Nobody beats a team that plays the way Super Eagles played yesterday.

Everything was in check, the cohesion was just perfect from players going upfront and defending as well. It was a Nigerian team I've always dreamt of.

It's an honorable loss for Argentina, it would have been more even with Messi in the team. I guess he would have scored one of the two goals. That's all.
or he for miss that free kick and the match would have ended 4:1 in favor of Nigeria.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by Speakdatruth: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2017
STARKACE:
or he for miss that free kick and the match would have ended 4:1 in favor of Nigeria.
Lol...na true.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by opius: 11:29am On Nov 15, 2017
Go and explain to Jao Havaleng
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by Ken4Christ: 11:58am On Nov 15, 2017
We seem to be having new players or are the players always in the team? And where was Moses?
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by Giddygrade: 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
timidapsin:
No Messi
And no VICTOR MOSES grin
timidapsin:
No Messi
And no VICTOR MOSES
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by haksjoe(m): 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2017
shame
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by thunderbabs: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
If nor dt i like Messi ni, i for whozzz hin manager an offline hot slap Whatz he saying?
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by freshvine(f): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
e be the coach like say na film trick
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by kidneystones(m): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
up super eagles , we won hands down .
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by engrchykae(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
Mcebisco011:
Argentina coach, Jorge Sampaoli has explained why his star studded side lost to the Super Eagles of Nigeria in Tuesday’s grade one friendly in Russia.

The high profile friendly ended 2-4 in favour of Nigeria.

The former Sevilla coach watched his side throw away a two-goal lead to lose 2-4 as Nigeria rallied back with a strong showing in the second half.

Addressing reporters after the game, Sampaoli faulted his team’s wastefulness in front of goal in the first half.

He said, “I do not think it’s hard to explain. We played in the first half well, in the second we tried to play more in attack.

“It happens with all the teams. Nigeria had many good moments, but we defended well, and I think that we just did not realize our moments.

“There were many passes which we couldn’t use.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2017/11/argentina-vs-nigeria-why-we-lost.html
you lost because the fourth beast is like a flying eagle Revelations 4:7
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by Marshallvenom(m): 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
We don win we don win...no need crying over spilled milk
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by 0ubenji(m): 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2017
modelmike7:
You lost cos we are better..
Chikena!
only at friendlies.. chikena!! cool
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by DreamSonInlaw(m): 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2017
BruncleZuma:
Not buying it, at least you did not play the Messi-less and sick Aguero card like the manner of some.

Mourinho
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by dauda090(m): 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2017
matsa dalla
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli by exclusivejayce(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
Campaigning after election. I no watch the match, but IWOBI killed it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Beats Ronaldo’s Record Following His Inter Miami Unveiling / Braimah Isaac Kamoko Bleaches His Skin Drastically, He Hates Dark Skin / FG Approves Houses For 1994 Super Eagles Winning Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.