Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Zimbabwe Crisis: Army Takes Over - Mugabe 'detained' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwe Crisis: Army Takes Over - Mugabe 'detained' (375 Views)

Military Coup In Gabon. Army Takes Over / Zimbabwe Crisis: Army Takes Over; Finance Minister Ignatius Chombo Detained / President Mugabe Blasts Zodwa Wabantu Who Doesn't Wear Panties To Shows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zimbabwe Crisis: Army Takes Over - Mugabe 'detained' by domesifa(m): 9:10am On Nov 15, 2017
The military has seized control in Zimbabwe and has said President Robert Mugabe, in power since 1980, is safe.

After seizing state TV, an army spokesman announced it was targeting people close to Mr Mugabe who had caused "social and economic suffering".

Messages attributed to a ruling party Twitter account described the takeover as a "bloodless transition".

The move came after Mr Mugabe sacked his deputy, Emmerson Mnangagwa, in favour of his wife.

A statement read out by a general on air denied it was a coup and said Mr Mugabe was safe, but did not say where.

Heavy gun and artillery fire could be heard in northern parts of the capital Harare early on Wednesday.

There was no immediate word from Mr Mugabe himself.

Mr Mugabe, 93, has dominated the impoverished country's political scene since independence from the UK.

Re: Zimbabwe Crisis: Army Takes Over - Mugabe 'detained' by deco22(m): 9:18am On Nov 15, 2017
Re: Zimbabwe Crisis: Army Takes Over - Mugabe 'detained' by Benjom(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2017
If true, then another chapter is about to be opened to the people of Zimbabwe. I'm gonna miss Mugabe's witty sayings. Here are some of them:

Mugabe Specials:

Girls' legs are like rumours.. They spread any how!
Robert Mugabe 2015
--------------------------

Ladies are powerful, they can introduce two boyfriends at the same time. They will say:
My Love, meet My Sweet heart. And the two idiots will say "Bossu, how far?"
Robert Mugabe 2016

Some of you girls can't even jog for 5 minutes but expect a guy to last in bed with u for 2 hours?! Your level of selfishness demands a one week crusade!
Robert Mugabe 2016

It's hard to bewitch African gals these days. Every time you take a piece from her hair to the witch doctor, either a Brazilian innocent woman gets mad, or a factory in China catches fire.
Robert Mugabe 2016

Dating a slim/slender guy is cool. The problem is when you're lying on his chest, then his ribs draw adidas lines on your face!
R.G Mugabe 2016

No sex before marriage?
If that was God's plan you would receive your pen-is or vagin-a on your wedding day.

Whenever things seem to start going well in your life, the devil comes along and gives you a ​girlfriend​.
​Robert Mugabe 2016​

"Sucking breast is a survival skill guys learnt at birth.
But as to how and where girls learnt the act of sucking di-cks still baffles me."
~Robert Mugabe

If you are ugly, you are ugly.
Stop talking about inner beauty, cos we dont walk around with X-rays.
#ROBERT MUGABE

Respect pregnant women because it's not easy walking around with evidence that you've had sex!
-Robert Mugabe

Dear sisters,
Don't be deceived by a man who text you: "I miss you" only when it's raining... you are not an umbrella!
Robert Mugabe (2016)

Obama: Mugabe, wisdom and money which one will you go for?
Mugabe: I will take money
Obama: But I will go for wisdom
Mugabe: Well everyone will go for what he lacks!!!

Stupidity is when you lick a woman with your bare tongue and later se-x her with condom. What are u preventing, catarrh or headache?
Robert Mugabe

grin grin grin
Re: Zimbabwe Crisis: Army Takes Over - Mugabe 'detained' by Celcius: 9:30am On Nov 15, 2017
The military has denied any coup attempt. Says president is safe.

(1) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe To Address Zimbabweans Tonight To Decide His Future / You Can’t Fire My Dad — Robert Mugabe’s Son / The Recent Fuel Shortage Hits Oil-rich Angola President Joao Lourenco Talks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.