Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. (992 Views)

Help: My Girlfriend Is Suffering From Post Traumatic Stress Disorder / Man Suffering From Monkeypox In Akwa Ibom (Disturbing Photo) / A Lady Suffering From Monkey Pox In Enugu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by ATTITUDE2: 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
I can't remembered every details though, but i will try my best and also make it short.
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by ATTITUDE2: 1:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
HOW IT BEGAN.
It began on December 28, 2009. The evening prior to that fateful morning, i experience some pain around my neck, thought, it didn't lingered.

By morning, i was sick, so they decided to take me to hospital, on my way to bathroom a pain struck my neck, and i couldn't straight it back to normal, thought it later relief me a bit.

THE JOURNEY TO THE HOSPITAL.
Me and my mom set out for the hospital, on reaching the famous 'Primary Health Centre' they were on holiday. *Let me admit here that I was unlucky due to the timing and date the ailment occurred to me*. The sickness wasn't too serious at this point that required us going to a teaching hospital; Had it been that Primary health center was on duty, i could have been diagnosed and even get treated there. A lady told us another hospital which was close by, we went there upon reaching there, we were greeted by a nurse who told us they weren't on duty or so, i can't remembered what what she said exactly. So mom took me to her shop.
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by NwaChibuzor: 1:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
You are not strong at all. You had ordinary meningites and you wanted to die?
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by ATTITUDE2: 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
By afternoon the sickness has intensified that i couldn't withstand it. Then mom took me to a nurse whom have a chemist in front of her house. The nurse observed and question me, at this point i can't stand it, the last word i last heard with my ears up till today is when she send someone to ''go and buy drip'' before i passed out on her patient bed in the chemist.

FASTFORWARD TO JANUARY 2010
I woke up in a teaching hospital in mid-January, with a cartheter inserted in me. i was told that I've been in coma for more than 2weeks, my survival was a grace of God... I ended up losing my ears, i became paraplegic...
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by ATTITUDE2: 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2017
After i regain conscious i asked how comes i end up here? I was told that they transferred me home from that woman chemist in the night, but at home the sickness became so serious that they have to rush me to a teaching hospital. All this happened and am unaware and unconscious.

POST DISCHARGED COMPLICATIONS
The reasons am creating this pose is to seek professional advice, encouragement and counseling.
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
Get well

1 Like

Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by ATTITUDE2: 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
ON HEARING.
The E.N.T doctor described my case as '' retro-cochlear lose'' although am literally deaf, but i can still hear the hooking of cars and clapping of hands but with a distinct sound.
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by ATTITUDE2: 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
ON PHYSICAL STRUCTURE.
When am back home completely paralyzed, i was rehabilitated by my dad how to walk; with me holding him by his shoulder and a walking stick on the other hand, it took me about 6months to walk independently. It been 7yrs since my discharged, but my physical body(legs) is yet to regains 100% functionality, when one sees me in a day time it is invisible; one will think am normal. But in a STARK DARKNESS, i CAN'T walk 3 steps without falling. The legs also stiff whenever i over-stretched it. I also experience spasm and muscular jack sometimes.

ON URINATING AND POOING.
When i was in the hospital, when carthetar was inserted in me plus the fact that i didn't emptied my bowel for more than a months.
When i was brought home after the discharged, i experience a free flow of unsolicited urine whenever i stand, as of now it still haven't restore but it is better. I CAN'T STAND AND WEE until i squat down as thought i want to shit. Hence doing both.
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by ATTITUDE2: 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
We have visited a urologist this year, he ordered us to undergo Retrograde urethrogram scan, having done that, after observing the x-ray film, on the patient report card 'prostate normal' and other things i can recalled.
They did some minor operation on me; i was unconscious due to the canular the inject me. The doctor prescribes(TAMSULOSIN) a drug that i will continue taking. After the intake of the drug for more than a month without any significant change.
We when back to the doctor, he collected the report card and told me that am to continue taking the drug. Mehn! The money for the medicine nor be for here o! A packet of the drug that contains 5pieces is sold at #700 or so, imagine taking two per day?
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by ATTITUDE2: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
ON THE BOWEL.
My poo as never been the same again, my shit as been 'thin' though it may be there, but no matter how i push it won't still comes out all.

And whenever I'm press to poo before reaching the toilet, the piss may 'lick'. This is how i have been for the past 7yrs.
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by ATTITUDE2: 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
ON COPING WITH LIFE.
As they said my survival grace of God, i'm grateful for the give of life. But in my opinion, having been in this hell of life; i think sometime death is better, because u rest once and for all.

Depression, i think I'm the most depress being on earth, have lost my friends(in term of physical contact) having be able to make new one considering the communication barriers plus been an introvert. Where i find fun is in social media daily.

And for those reading this, give thanks to your creator for the give of life and good health, such favour is expensive. I know that their are many people out there with worst condition than mine. Just be thankful, afterall life ain't fair.

NB: I'm writing this to the medical practitioners in the forum to seek medical advice and encouragement, please and please if you don't have any meaningful contribution just stay shut.
Thanks.

Mod pls, help move this to the frontage.

Cc lezusgs430
seun
lalasticlala
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by Me77: 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2017
Op, The meningitis, is it fungus or bacteria? And what are the are the first symptoms you observed? Do you have any ear infection prior to illness..

Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44. Should move this to the front page.
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by Syphonn(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
Addiction is one disorder of the brain that many people don’t know of, it is difficult to control but with some steps like the one on WAYS TO QUIT GAMBLING, addicted persons can go back to their normal senses.

Read on http://www.busygisting.com/ways-to-quit-gambling/
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by ATTITUDE2: 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2017
Me77:
Op, The meningitis, is it fungus or bacteria? And what are the are the first symptoms you observed? Do you have any ear infection prior to illness..

Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44. Should move this to the front page.
honestly i cant say, it is likely bacteria.
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by ATTITUDE2: 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
73 views, yet the mod didn't dim this post worthy of frontage, after wasting my time to write this lengthy post. Considering what makes frontage this days,
if this post don't make frontage by tomorrow i will have to edit it and deactivated my account.

Cc: Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by oxypress: 1:45am On Nov 16, 2017
ATTITUDE2:
After i regain conscious i asked how comes i end up here? I was told that they transferred me home from that woman chemist in the night, but at home the sickness became so serious that they have to rush me to a teaching hospital. All this happened and am unaware and unconscious.

POST DISCHARGED COMPLICATIONS
The reasons am creating this pose is to seek professional advice, encouragement and counseling.

Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by oxypress: 1:58am On Nov 16, 2017
Post meningitis syndrome and hbot:

Read this story if it fits: http://www.hbot.com/testimonial/sidath-suffered-devastating-attack-strep-meningitis
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by oxypress: 1:57am On Feb 08, 2018
HBOT and post meningitis: This is an opportunity to alert you of alternative treatment for problems related to postmeningitis recovery.
Hyperbaric oxygen is effective in reducing the mortality and morbidity caused by meningitis.

It is possible to have benefited very well from this treatment several years ago, however it is never too late to start it now. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy has a lot of benefit in medical practice.
Search the words: 'hbot and meningitis', and if you are still interested in recovery let us know.

Remember in a previous post on November 15th you complained that no doctor wants to talk about your case and I then sent you a reply and a link but I will asume you did not read and do the 'home work'. I am still taking the pains to advice you to search the reference so that you can have a way forward.

Neurological problems are very difficult and costly to treat. It is better to know from the start so as to prepare you for the journey ahead. I still feel you can have more improvement if you look into what we tell you. But you should check on testimonies of people who had similar problems in the past. Never you lose hope because there is still a way.

HBOT Providers.
Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by Jimbadly: 9:35am On Feb 08, 2018
I'm still shocked that the mods ignored this thread.

The Lord is your strength op, I believe you'll regain your sense of hearing with time.

1 Like

Re: How A Nairalander Have Being Suffering From Post-meningitis For 7yrs. by Jeon(f): 12:22pm On Jun 25, 2022
Nonsense mods.

Since 2017! shocked

But if it was violent and useless threads or do favouritism SEUN servants won't blink twice.

Lalasticala
Seun
Mynd44
Farano front page

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Muscular Dystrophy Awareness / Optometrists thread?? / Chest Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.