Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Nigeria World Cup Ladder - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria World Cup Ladder (555 Views)

Nigeria's World Cup Kit Sells Out On First Day / Nwakali Added To Nigeria’s World Cup Squad After Dazzling Against Atletico / Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria World Cup Ladder by Samakus(m): 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
Wonderful game by the Super Eagles yesterday. 4 against an Argentine defence with Otamendi and Mascherano is awesome. With that, let me get into the mind of Rohr and make a WC ladder.

1. Mikel Obi (MF) – Captain. Legend. Boss. The team is built around him and plays better with the Eagles. Not only is he on the plane to Russia, he’s the pilot.

2. Victor Moses (WF) – Didn’t play the friendly against Argentina, but has been our best player in 2017 by a long mark. Was phenomenal through the qualifiers and was our highest scorer despite missing 2 games. Plays a different role for the Eagles compared with Chelsea.

3. Wilfred Ndidi – Highest number of successful tackles in the EPL so far shows we have a gem on our hands. Will be important in Russia as we will be having less of d ball against bigger teams.

4. Alex Iwobi – Starting to make it a duty of scoring important goals for the Eagles. Had a great game against Argentina with a nice brace. The 2nd was unbelievable. I’m sure Mascherano is still stranded in Russia. Reminds me of the great Kanu with his first touch and grace. Helps he’s the legendary Okocha’s nephew. Definitely going to Russia.

5. Kelechi Iheanacho – Had a poor beginning to the season that dropped his confidence but he’s still the country’s golden boy. Has a wand of a left foot and his free kick goal against ARG was excellent. Needs to clock more game time in Leicester.

6. Leon Balogun – Forms half of the “Oyinbo” wall. Reads the game superbly and good in the air. However made some uncomfortable errors yesterday and his lack of pace can be exploited when we play a high line. He’s going.

7. Troost-Ekong – The other half of the wall. Took a while to get into the team but has developed a telepathic understanding with Balogun. He’s the ‘Vidic’ in this union.

8. Shehu Abdullahi – Turning out to be the fans’ favorite and that’s working out in his favour. A brilliant midfield player converted fullback, he’s never had a bad game in an Eagles jersey. Gives a 7/10 on his worse day. Call him the Nigerian Azpilicueta.

9. Onazi – I don’t rate him; as he slows the game down, lacks football intelligence and cant hit a barn door with a pass. The Coach likes him and thats what count. He’s going to Russia

10. Odion Ighalo – Had a fantastic game against Cameroon at home. Can be a frustrating player tho’ as he’s so inconsistent. Would hope Iheanacho doesn’t get back into form. Should be on the plane though.

11. Moses Simon – Currently injured. Add pace and trickery to the team. Going.

12. John Ogu – Had a bad game against ARG. Made Ndidi’s job harder. Should get better.
13. Elderson Echiejile – Poor footballer. Has the turning circle of a truck. Lack pace and cant cross.

The whole country except probably his family hopes he misses the plane. Do us a favor Elderson, miss it.

14. Francis Uzoho – Came onto the scene at the right time. Good Nigerian goalkeepers are rare commodities lately.

15. Chidozie Awaziem (CB) – 3rd choice CB. Would start if Rohr continues with the 3 at the back. Going to Russia.

16. Etebo – Favorite of mine. Fell down the pecking order due to the coach pushing Mikel forward to accommodate Ndidi and Onazi in the team. A talented ball carrying player though. Think Wilshere.

17. Ola Aina – Still not convinced by him yet. Anything to keep mishap Echiejile out of the team though.

18. Ahmed Musa – If this was done January last year, he would have been on the top of the list. Has had a woeful 2017. Slowly being pushed out the door.

19. Tyronne Ebuehi – Had a fantastic game against ARG after coming on. Can he displace the equally brilliant Shehu?

20. Mikel Agu – Has played 4 times. Been woeful in all. Period.

21. Ezenwa (GK) – Three months ago, he would have been at the 3rd position. Ikeme was injured, Akpeyi was Akpeyi, and he came on the scene and performed well. However, had bad games against Cameroun and Algeria away. Might be on the plane. Has a lot of ‘ifs’ involved.

22. Brian Idowu – Scored on his debut against Argentina, plays in Russia and can play in CB. Wont need a plane.

23. Kelechi Nwakali – For the future.

24. Henry Agbo – One cap.

25. Henry Onyekuru – See Kelechi Nwakali.

26. Olanrewaju Kayode – 24 now and still on 4 caps.

27. Vincent Enyeama (GK) – Rejected the last call up, stating he needs to be fit. Could still be in Russia. Depends on our GK status by May. Fingers crossed

28. Kenneth Omeruo – 4th choice CB. Should go if Rohr continues with 3 at the back.

29. Daniel Akpeyi – The worst GK I have had the priviledge of watching. Always ensures he makes the wrong decision. Lacks confidence, no discernible strong point to his game, calamitous and plain woeful. Should never come near the team after his perfomance against ARG.

30. Ajiboye – Current 4th choice GK behind a woeful queue.

31. Alampasu – 5th choice GK. Always the first to jump off the bench when the team scores. Making himself useful.

32. Nosa Igiebor

33. Victor Osimhen – Golden boy for the future. Watchout

34. Isaac Success – An enigma.

35. Brown Ideye – Last call-up was Nov 2016

36. Stephen Eze

37. Aaron Olanare

38. Nwakaeme

39. Maarouf Youssef

40. Celestine Babayaro

Credits: Dare (Bored medical student) OOUTH, Nigeria

http://www.football365.com/news/mails-nigeria-and-germany-ladders-ireland-woe

Re: Nigeria World Cup Ladder by NigerDeltan(m): 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2017
That no.40 though grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria World Cup Ladder by NigerDeltan(m): 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
Op is a genius, I agree with you 100%

We are meeting now to decide on what to do to that calamitous Akpeyi, but i believe he has a godfather in the glass house that's why we always see him being invited, same way seyi Olofinjana will always be first to be invited during Amodu's era

1 Like

Re: Nigeria World Cup Ladder by amodu(m): 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2017
Well spelt out, bravo OP

1 Like

Re: Nigeria World Cup Ladder by Samakus(m): 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2017
NigerDeltan:
Op is a genius, I agree with you 100%

We are meeting now to decide on what to do to that calamitous Akpeyi, but i believe he has a godfather in the glass house that's why we always see him being invited, same way seyi Olofinjana will always be first to be invited during Amodu's era

I quite agree. Akpeyi's penchant for blunders has been well documented, yet, he keeps getting call ups. There must be, at the glass house, a big owner of the piper who goes about dictating the tune about Akpeyi's call ups. No other plausible deductions
Re: Nigeria World Cup Ladder by Samakus(m): 7:01pm On Nov 15, 2017
If only lalasticlala values ingenuity lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

"I Doubt Ronaldo And I Can Ever Be Friends" - Messi States / Don't Be A Victim Of Scam Again, Check This Out!!! / Ex-ivorian And Arsenal Star, Emmanuel Eboue Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.