Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,998 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

I Do: Austarlians Say ‘yes’ To Same-sex Marriage - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Do: Austarlians Say ‘yes’ To Same-sex Marriage (572 Views)

Biden Signs Same-sex Marriage Into Law amid funfare (Video, Photos) / Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) / Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Do: Austarlians Say ‘yes’ To Same-sex Marriage by stelruby: 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2017

Australians have voted in favour of legalising same-sex marriage in a landmark poll.

More than 12million voters turned out with 61per cent in favour of legalising same-sex marriage.

The yes campaign won across all of Australia’s six states with results ranging from 64.9% in Victoria to 57.8% in New South Wales. The vote had a bigger turnout than the Brexit referendum and US presidential election.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has pledged to deliver the change in legislation.

Speaking at a press conference minutes after the result he said: “We must respect the voice of the people. We asked them for their opinion and they have given it to us. It is unequivocal, it is overwhelming.”

Labour Leader Bill Shorten’s reaction to the outcome of the vote
Mr Turnbull continued: “They are our masters, we who were elected to parliament. It is our job now to get on with it, get on with it and get this done. It is fair.

“The people have voted yes for marriage equality. Now it is our job to deliver it.”

Read more: https://www.amore.ng/i-do-austarlians-say-yes-to-same-sex-marriage/
Re: I Do: Austarlians Say ‘yes’ To Same-sex Marriage by Masterclass32: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
Grave mistake.

(1) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Diplomatic Premises In Kinshasa Attacked And Occupied By Soldiers / Huge Protests Against Clerical Rule Spreading In Iran / Which Are The World's 10 Most Dangerous Countries For Women? See Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.