Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum (1925 Views)

As Minors, What Happens To The Students Who Tortured Sylvester If Found Guilty? / Don Davis' Mum: If Anything Happens To My Children, I'll Hold Kumuyi Responsible / Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by TimmyPapa(m): 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
As kids, many of us were warned not to swallow chewing gum. We were told that it will stick around for years inside the gut, or worse, near the heart.
Almost everyone has swallowed a piece of gum, but few kids have ever needed a doctor because of it. You might have heard that swallowed gum stays in your stomach for 7 years. That's not true.

Swallowing a large mass of gum, or many small pieces of gum over a short period of time, can block the digestive tract in rare cases. Blockage is most likely when gum is swallowed along with foreign objects, like coins, or when swallowed with non-digestible materials like sunflower seeds.
Little kids are most likely to be affected because they might not understand that gum is chewed, not swallowed.
But apart from these strange scenarios, swallowing an occasional piece of gum is harmless.

What Exactly Happens to the Gum?

Check out here>> be Informed : https://afro9jaland..com.ng/2017/11/what-really-happens-when-you-swallow.html
Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by ojnnaco(m): 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
You will be it out as Solid waste.
Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by TimmyPapa(m): 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
ojnnaco:
You will be it out as Solid waste.
Simple.
Are you realy sure
Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
That is how one girl back then when I was a kid was chewing gum and drinking a bottle of coke simultaneously. Unfortunately, while trying to talk to someone, she mistakenly swallowed the bottle of coke and the chewing gum but the bottle of coke didn't digest.

Till today, the bottle of coke is still gummed to the girl's oesophagus by the chewing gum.

Anyone doubting me can ask Ishilove, she knows who I'm talking about.
Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by maleekfrenzy(m): 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hozier:
That is how one girl back then when I was a kid was chewing gum and drinking a bottle of coke simultaneously. Unfortunately, while trying to talk to someone, she mistakenly swallowed the bottle of coke and the chewing gum but the bottle of coke didn't digest.

Till today, the bottle of coke is still gummed to the girl's oesophagus by the chewing gum.

ur stupidity is so painful.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by jerflakes(m): 4:11am On Nov 16, 2017
maleekfrenzy:
ur stupidity is so painful.

He's making a mockery of the OP

If you swallow gum, you will shit it out in the evening

No long story

4 Likes

Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by TimmyPapa(m): 5:43am On Nov 16, 2017
Hozier:

lolss funny dude
Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by DRGREAT(m): 6:49am On Nov 16, 2017
Hozier:

lol
Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by UGLEEBOI: 11:38am On Nov 16, 2017
Hozier:

angry

Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by flames007(m): 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
Hozier:

lol.......you kidding right?
Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by TimmyPapa(m): 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
flames007:
lol.......you kidding right?
lolss
Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by Leonyluiz(m): 11:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
All your inside will be gumming
Re: What Happens To You When You Swallow Chewing Gum by TimmyPapa(m): 7:09am On Nov 17, 2017
Leonyluiz:
All your inside will be gumming
Lols not only guming na superglueing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

JAMB: UTME Second Batch Result To Be Released Tomorrow / Teen Girl Hits 8 A's, As Waec Releases 2018 Results / Lagos Makes U-turn, Orders Reopening Of Primary, Secondary Schools Sept 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.