Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) (6483 Views)

VALENTINE'S SPECIAL . (a Short Story) / Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Solomonudofia(m): 12:09pm On Nov 16, 2017
SaharaTV Special A Tribute To Chinua Achebe

watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rao7Qn8xRm4

8 Likes

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by miqos02(m): 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
cool

my signature has good news for you
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by coolie1: 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
to say the truth I don't know what to say I just kept space

1 Like

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
A
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Sirheny007(m): 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
A true Legend.
A Pan African who paved way for other Africans.
The man who brought Igbo Culture and tradition to the world.
The flawless writer.
The greatest story teller.

I Read a lot of Heinemann's African writers series, and those guys would never forget Chinualumogu Albert Achebe in a hurry..especially Ngugi Wa Thiong'o
Your legacy lives on Sir.
"We do not bypass a man and enter into his compound" - Chinua Achebe
When shall we begin to immortalize our heroes?

BTW: I still maintain that "Things Fall Apart" is grossly Overrated.
"Arrow of God" is, and will continue to be his best work.
Even he tried to admit it in the preface to the revised second Edition.
angry

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by obajoey(m): 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
Man of great words.

"Nobody can teach me who I am. You can describe parts of me, but who I am - and what I need - is something I have to find out myself"
Achebe.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by NLevents: 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
Nigeria is blessed with great people.

Nairaland party 3.0 heavily loading, why would you want to miss out on so much fun ? Visit thread for more details https://www.nairaland.com/4153612/nairaland-get-together-party03
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by UncleSnr(m): 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
smiley
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by KingOfThePay(m): 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
The True Legend!
Now reading: There was a a Country + Chinua Achebe

5 Likes

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by IgboticGirl(f): 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
cool cool
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Rmxr: 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
Nice
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by itsIYKE(m): 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
Respect sir

1 Like

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by knight05(m): 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2017
hmm
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Solomonudofia(m): 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
Chinua Achebe Quotes

“If you don't like someone's story, write your own.

“The world is like a Mask dancing. If you want to see it well, you do not stand in one place.

“While we do our good works let us not forget that the real solution lies in a world in which charity will have become unnecessary

“Nobody can teach me who I am. You can describe parts of me, but who I am - and what I need - is something I have to find out myself.

““The white man is very clever. He came quietly and peaceably with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won our brothers, and our clan can no longer act like one. He has put a knife on the things that held us together and we have fallen apart.

“There is no story that is not true, [...] The world has no end, and what is good among one people is an abomination with others.

“To me, being an intellectual doesn't mean knowing about intellectual issues; it means taking pleasure in them.

“We cannot trample upon the humanity of others without devaluing our own. The Igbo, always practical, put it concretely in their proverb Onye ji onye n'ani ji onwe ya: "He who will hold another down in the mud must stay in the mud to keep him down.

“A man who calls his kinsmen to a feast does not do so to save them from starving. They all have food in their own homes. When we gather together in the moonlit village ground it is not because of the moon. Every man can see it in his own compound. We come together because it is good for kinsmen to do so.

we gather in nairaland not because there is no other forums where one can read news but because nairaland is a place to learn and catch fun.....

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
Great Man.
DIKEOHA

3 Likes

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Joephat(m): 1:37pm On Nov 16, 2017
angry

Thank you very much sir, after reading your books as a child, I promised myself that one day, I will be rich and a white man will be my driver
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by romoruyi(m): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2017
Hmmm...
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by azarenka: 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2017
Sirheny007:
A true Legend.
A pan Africanist who paved way for other Africans.
The flawless writer.

I Read a lot of Heinemann's African writers series, and those guys would never forget Chinualumogu Albert Achebe in a hurry..especially Ngugi Wa Thiong'o

Even he tried to admit it in the preface of the revised second Edition.
angry
You are indeed a great and ardent scholar.i commend your EQ. Ngugi Wa Thiong'o Petals of Blood is an epic for me. Great African writers.

2 Likes

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Benjaniblinks(m): 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
Reading "Arrow Of God" Before Logging Into Nairaland. This Man Is Truly A Ledgen.

3 Likes

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by degamemaster(m): 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
Great man of all times. IGBO NWERE MMADU!

1 Like

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Lordave: 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
Sirheny007:
A true Legend.
A Pan African who paved way for other Africans.
The flawless writer.

"We do not bypass a man and enter into his compound" - Chinua Achebe

Even he tried to admit it in the preface of the revised second Edition.
angry
I agree with you but Things Fall Apart is not in anyway overrated, let alone being 'grossly' overrated.
As at the time when Things Fall Apart was published, nothing of such has ever come out of Africa, hence, the encomium it enjoys till tomorrow. Arrow of God itself is a masterpiece, but been Achebe's favourite doesn't translate to being his best work. Though different strokes for different folks.

If Things Fall Apart was published 5 years ago, it would still rank in the top ten best literary works from Africa.

5 Likes

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Sirheny007(m): 2:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
Lordave:
I agree with you but Things Fall Apart is not in anyway overrated, let alone being 'grossly' overrated.
As at the time when Things Fall Apart was published, nothing of such has ever come out of Africa, hence, the encomium it enjoys till tomorrow. Arrow of God itself is a masterpiece, but been Achebe's favourite doesn't translate to being his best work. Though different strokes for different folks.

If Things Fall Apart was published 5 years ago, it would still rank in the top ten best literary works from Africa.
\

Thank you sir.
But like you said, different strokes for different folks.

2 Likes

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by chesterlee(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
He deserves a Nobel prize...the wrong person won the award imo
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by justli: 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2017
This awe-inspiring. I felt so touched. Thank you Chinua for a worthy life. Thank you Sahara for celebrating our own.

Solomonudofia:
SaharaTV Special A Tribute To Chinua Achebe

watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rao7Qn8xRm4

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by eagleeye2: 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
If it were a thread about crime, politics and Tonto it would have reached 4 pages. But because it is celebrating a Literary giant and has more to do about discussing his works many shy away from it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Sir03(m): 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2017
we gather in nairaland not because there is no other forums where one can read news but because nairaland is a place to learn and catch fun.....
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by konfused: 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
I named my son after him because of the deep respect I have for him.

I have read his best seller "things fall apart" uncountable times. That book is a masterpiece.

“If you don't like someone's story, write your own.” Chinua Achebe

1 Like

Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Sirheny007(m): 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
Goodness..
Almost 3 hours from the first comment, and the comments are still on a page. shocked
Nigeria has no future.
Lai lai
Re: SaharaTV Special: A Tribute To Chinua Achebe (Video) by Dainikel(m): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
I would always be super proud of his works & this piece is inspiring.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Addicted To S*X / Tales Of John (A KingzPen Studio Production) / Mojocorona 18+ (sex&comedy Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.