Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,709 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:41 AM

Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land (1945 Views)

Celebrating Eid In A Foreign Land: Nairalander Experience In North Cyprus / Memoirs From Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by Samiey: 3:37am On Nov 17, 2017
Being a ardent reader and explorer of the travel section, I haven't found any topic regarding studying in places like Hungary, Portugal, Norway. I guess most Nigerians on nairaland just love Germany, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the likes. The number of pages,views and parts regarding them says it all.

Haven sat for jamb three times, getting admitted into a Nigerian university has just been futile. Don't get me wrong. It ain't about not meeting the requirements, I can proudly say that I have always been eligible. Probably,lets say just so unlucky sad .
I can't count the number of sleepless nights I have had, prolonged searches,infact name the country. Belarus, Croatia, Brazil, Czech Republic, Switzerland, China, Austria etc. Haven't been able to find anything tangible about them online, Just false facts about their education system on these so called 'foreign study ' blogs. As we all know, harmattan can't be compared to Russian snow(reading stuffs about them online cant be compared to people really studying there).

As a son to middle-classed parents, which I know vividly that all those aforementioned countries can't be afforded by them, I have been searching seriously for very cheap countries where people like me can study. Imagine not being able to afford Ukraine's 4000$/year, you should know what I mean.
I would have opted for Germany seriously.But the only choice I can go for is the German medium, due to the unavailability of one year university transcript, TOEFL/IELTS mainly. Knowledge is really power, if I had gotten all these pieces of information since 2015,i would have been in Germany by now. My only option for Germany is to spend another one year at Goethe institute, learning German language. Which I can't imagine myself spending another one year again. The pressure is just too much. I'm frustrated and depressed. Most of my mates are in 300level,400level both home and away. But of course, our lives are different. The same bsc meant for 4years gotten after 7years is still the same. But the frustration is real.
I'm very sure, many people are facing something like this too. Let's all benefit

So I'm begging Nairalanders that know or that are studying in countries like Hungary, Portugal and the likes, which you know I can afford, considering all I have written above.
No TOEFL/IELTS,very very very affordable tuition per year.
Would be a plus if there are jobs for students too
Course : Bsc Computer Science

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by policy12: 4:06am On Nov 17, 2017
Feel ur pain,wish I can help.
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by uchman(m): 5:53am On Nov 17, 2017
I think you will narrow your search to China and Philippines...
Some schools are affordable like $2k

Google bro
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by SpyAC(m): 6:21am On Nov 17, 2017
Wonder why pple still west their time jambing all the tym, their part tym programmes, let me gist u a little, am a student of covenant ploy here in ph at their saretlight center in rumuodara here, no jamb was requred only ur 5 correct credict nd the lecturers re doing wonderful well there, jst in my 200level studying computer sceince, believe u me, am really enjoying evry bit of it, but hope to get my bsc after, so, y wast my precious tym in de name of jamb.
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by Samiey: 8:25am On Nov 17, 2017
uchman:
I think you will narrow your search to China and Philippines...
Some schools are affordable like $2k

Google bro
cc tdayof
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by tdayof(m): 8:46am On Nov 17, 2017
Samiey:

cc tdayof

http://www.cucas.edu.cn/studyinchina/programs/professional/Computer_Science_71_2.html

Those are lists of schools with computer science in china. He should check out universities in the suburb regions.
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by Samiey: 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
Nairalanders help!!!

cc suomi1990 Salford1 Nigeriadondie newacca pansophist scarlett
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by Philtrik(m): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by tonididdy(m): 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2017
SpyAC:
Wonder why pple still west their time jambing all the tym, their part tym programmes, let me gist u a little, am a student of covenant ploy here in ph at their saretlight center in rumuodara here, no jamb was requred only ur 5 correct credict nd the lecturers re doing wonderful well there, jst in my 200level studying computer sceince, believe u me, am really enjoying evry bit of it, but hope to get my bsc after, so, y wast my precious tym in de name of jamb.
na school u say you dey abe?...are you recognized from the main school (have you being to the main campus to verify if you are even their student).

you can't even spell satellite, credit, time, required, science ...indeed the lecturers are doing wonderfully well...indeed

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by SpyAC(m): 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
tonididdy:

na school u say you dey abe?...are you recognized from the main school (have you being to the main campus to verify if you are even their student).

you can't even spell satellite, credit, time, required, science ...indeed the lecturers are doing wonderfully well...indeed
tonididdy:

. Mr english teacher, i sight u professor, no wonder brother is at the top
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by mavinc4u(f): 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
SpyAC:

Nice but seriously can you code?
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by SpyAC(m): 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2017
mavinc4u:

Nice but seriously can you code?
, young man, if u need my hlp on anything abt computing u can dm privately, i feed and pay my rent frm through computer, so, watch ur mouth and grow up.
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by tonididdy(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
SpyAC:
. Mr english teacher, i sight u professor, no wonder brother is at the top
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by mavinc4u(f): 10:00pm On Nov 20, 2017
SpyAC:
, young man, if u need my hlp on anything abt computing u can dm privately, i feed and pay my rent frm through computer, so, watch ur mouth and grow up.

A simple and an honest question is what is eating you up, I wonder what happens if I should ask you a strong question. Even yahoo boys feed and pay their rent through computer, abi no bi so?

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by Nigeriadondie: 11:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
Samiey:
Nairalanders help!!!

cc suomi1990 Salford1 Nigeriadondie newacca pansophist scarlett
Where u wan study?
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by mavinc4u(f): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2017
@SpyAC , why are you sending me private mail, what's wrong? How may i help you?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
Any student on Switzerland?

I just have a NECO result /cert. Wanna obtain scholarship to say Switzerland.
My account is zero but i can work there while schooling and live off it?

Pharmacy school here is ruining me.
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by CassieV(f): 3:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
mavinc4u:
@SpyAC , why are you sending me private mail, what's wrong? How may i help you?
You have no chill at all grin grin grin
Re: Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land by Samiey: 2:50am On Nov 27, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Where u wan study?
Denmark, Sweden preferably Norway

(1) (Reply)

Who Made The Law Of Buying Bread In Nigeria When Returning From A Journey? / Dad Studied In America, Now Regretting Why He Didn't Stay Back! / TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.