Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,184 members, 7,860,253 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:22 AM

TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) (1810 Views)

Is Oshodi The Most Popular Place In Lagos? / See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) / Fun Spots In Lagos For Family This Festive Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
Travel and selfies go hand in hand. Most travellers whip out their smartphones to click a selfie at a landmark to commemorate their trip. But have you ever wondered which destination boasts the most popular selfie spot?

Well, international car comparison site EnjoyTravel released 'The 25 Most Popular Selfie Spots in the World' – and Africa's very own Kruger National Park made the top 10 list (the only African destination at the top tier).

It used data from Instagram and TikTok to come up with the results.

Top Selfie Spots

Claiming the top spot was Disneyland in Paris, France - with a combined total of 6 128 408 478 (six billion) on both platforms. With its colourful experiences, state-of-the-art accommodation and Disney characters at every corner, there's plenty of selfie opportunities for travellers.

Disney World in Florida, US came in second position with a total of 6 014 657 716 hashtags, with Burj Khalifa in Dubai, UAE in third position with 1 505 198 505 hashtags.

Kruger National Park (10th)

Kruger National Park, a popular safari attraction in South Africa, amassed 96 734 291 (96 million) hashtags.

"The Kruger National Park is one of Africa’s largest game reserves," EnjoyTravel stated on its site.

"As you can imagine, safari holidays here are very popular, and so too is taking selfies. One of the best places in Kruger National Park to get a selfie with sleeping lions in the background is Kruger Tablets. For an elephant selfie, head to the N'watindlopfu River crossing," it recommended.

Rounding up the top 10 is the Eiffel Tower, the Taj Mahal, the Grand Canyon, Machu Picchu, London Bridge and St Basil’s Cathedral in Russia.

1 Like

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by culf: 8:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
so no naija spot make this list.....
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
Top 10 Global Selfie Spots

1. Disneyland, France
2. Disney World, USA
3. Burj Khalifa, UAE
4. Eiffel Tower, France

1 Like

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
5. Taj Mahal, India
6. Grand Canyon, USA
7. Machu Picchu, Peru
8. London Bridge, UK

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
9. St Basil's Cathedral, Russia
10. Kruger National Park, South Africa

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
culf:
so no naija spot make this list.....

Such as...? cheesy

1 Like

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by symbianDON(m): 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
TMKsouth:

Such as...? cheesy
aso rock
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by theInterpreter: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2021
TMKsouth:

Such as...? cheesy
Zuma rock
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
symbianDON:
aso rock

They only released the Top25 and Egypt's Pyramids of Giza are the only other African attraction on there at 21. The country kinda has to be a major tourist destination for its locations to garner millions of selfies.

But here's Aso rock just for fun cool

1 Like

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2021
theInterpreter:
Zuma rock

Haau shocked, how come this rock has 2 names? I thought u were just being funny until I googled it.
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
Top 25 Global Selfie Spots

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:51am On Sep 03, 2021

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:59am On Sep 03, 2021
Pyramids of Giza are the only other African spot in the Top25

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:14am On Sep 03, 2021
Last 3 of Top25

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by symbianDON(m): 7:15am On Sep 03, 2021
TMKsouth:

They only released the Top25 and Egypt's Pyramids of Giza are the only other African attraction on there at 21. The country kinda has to be a major tourist destination for its locations to garner millions of selfies.

But here's Aso rock just for fun cool
actually, I was just joking
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by theInterpreter: 8:38am On Sep 03, 2021
TMKsouth:

Haau shocked, how come this rock has 2 names? I thought u were just being funny until I googled it.
Aso rock is different from Zuma rock
Aso rock is the seat of Federal government
just like the Whitehouse of USA
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by LMS1(m): 8:43am On Sep 03, 2021
Meanwhile northern Nigeria.......grin

3 Likes

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:58am On Sep 03, 2021
LMS1:

Lol, you're starting a fight.
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:59am On Sep 03, 2021
theInterpreter:
Aso rock is different from Zuma rock
Aso rock is the seat of Federal government
just like the Whitehouse of USA

I get it now. Someone should inform Google though.

1 Like

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by theInterpreter: 9:06am On Sep 03, 2021
TMKsouth:

I get it now. Someone should inform Google though.
actually there are two rocks
Zuma and Aso
both in Abuja
the Zuma is the one close to the road and kinda squary the Aso is behind the government house and kinda shapeless
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by theInterpreter: 9:10am On Sep 03, 2021
LMS1:
this shouldn't be funny
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by culf: 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
TMKsouth:

Such as...? cheesy

bros calm down jor, your blood dey hot
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
culf:

bros calm down jor, your blood dey hot

Huh, you've lost me
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2021
theInterpreter:
actually there are two rocks
Zuma and Aso
both in Abuja
the Zuma is the one close to the road and kinda squary the Aso is behind the government house and kinda shapeless

Is that why u decided to build Abuja there - coz of these rocks? Apart from the fact that it's central.
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by theInterpreter: 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2021
TMKsouth:

Is that why u decided to build Abuja there - coz of these rocks? Apart from the fact that it's central.
Nah grin
There are more rocks in the west
The capital was moved there because
1.the north was complaining of the capital being in Lagos
2.it is belongs to a minority tribe Gwari(unlike Lagos that belongs to Yoruba)
3.it is in the centre wink

1 Like

Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
theInterpreter:

Nah grin
There are more rocks in the west
The capital was moved there because
1.the north was complaining of the capital being in Lagos
2.it is belongs to a minority tribe Gwari(unlike Lagos that belongs to Yoruba)
3.it is in the centre wink

cool
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by mascot345: 3:14am On Sep 04, 2021
South Africa I didn't see anything o.
Nice one .
Re: TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:36am On Sep 04, 2021
mascot345:
South Africa I didn't see anything o.
Nice one .

Check properly, SA is number 10 up there - with these pics below. Thanks for the compliment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dv2009 / Ibeno Beach: Nigeria’s Hidden Treasure / Relocating To Bahrain: How Do I Relocate To Bahrain? I Want To Japa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.