Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,694 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later (3864 Views)

Lagos Driver Forgets Where He Parked Vehicle After Getting Drunk / Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later / Dino Melaye Parks His Ferrari Convertible At Transcorp Hotel With The Top Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Naijabash(m): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2017
Wonder shall never end ....News reaching us from The Independent has it that Back in 1997 in the German city of Frankfurt, a man reported his car as stolen to the police.

Twenty years later, the authorities in the city have tracked down the missing vehicle, only to discover that the man who owned it had in fact, just forgotten where he’d parked the car and had assumed it had been stolen.The vehicle was found in a garage in an old industrial building that is due to be demolished.
The car was in the way of the demolition so it was reported to the police who then investigated who the owner was.

According to German regional paper Augsberger Allgemein, the man, now 76-years-old, was driven by the police with his daughter to be reunited with the car.

Unfortunately the car was no longer functional and had to be scrapped.

“The car can no longer be driven and will be sent to the scrap heap,” Frankfurt authorities said.
The incident is reminiscent of another German case, in which a man was reunited with his vehicle two years after parking up and going on a drinking binge in Munich, only to forget where he’d parked. He reported it missing and eventually police found the vehicle 4km away from where the man thought he’d parked it.

It had 40,000 euros in cash in the boot, along with 50,000 euros worth of tools.

Earlier this year a man from Scotland lost his car after attending a Stoneroses gig in Manchester. He reportedly searched for the vehicle for 5 days before giving up. He even contacted the council and various companies in a bid to trace the vehicle.
He eventually reported the car stolen, but it was found six months later, exactly where he’d left it, though with parking fines estimated at over £5,000.

And the Car remained where he parked it for 20year ... unbelievable!!!
Continue reading ....Click to See Photo of the Car at Source >>> http://naijabizcom.com/2017/11/17/german-man-forgets-where-he-parks-his-car-then-finds-it-20-years-later/
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by christejames(m): 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
That's a clear case of chronic amnesia or it could even be a dementia.
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by SweetJoystick(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2017
Na wah! A whole 20 years? Which kind brain factory reset happen so?

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2017
I simply think he lost his senses and recovered it 20 years later
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by freeze001(f): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
It had 40,000 euros in cash in the boot, along with 50,000 euros worth of tools.

This cannot happen in ds Naija. Omoniles and area boys go don dismantle the car within one week or dem for don jack d car go sell

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2017
This can happen to anyone. Watch where you pack that car. Your car is not a phone you can ring to know where the sound is coming from.

Lalasticlala come and see this car o!
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 17, 2017
and the car was still there after 20 years undecided nawa o
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2017
In 2007 I parked at the car-park almost opposite zone 2. Naso I dey find the car-park o. I waka onikan, King George tire. I had to tell an Okada man to take me back to 3rdmainland bridge so I could descend like I did with the car...after 30mins, I was able to locate the car-park.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by meforyou1(m): 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
freeze001:

This cannot happen in ds Naija. Omoniles and area boys go don dismantle the car within one week or dem for don jack d car go sell
within one week abi within one night
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by freeze001(f): 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
meforyou1:
within one week abi within one night

Haba na! Give us some credit biko! Oya 3 days... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Ge0grapher(m): 11:23am On Nov 19, 2017
or maybe he was under the influence of alcohol when he parked the car.
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by ivoryhouse(m): 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2017
It depends on the brand of car..if it's a toyota, it won't last the night grin
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Naijabash(m): 6:15pm On Mar 13, 2018
waoo
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by wholeslab: 10:07am On Mar 17, 2018
mr man go and investigate come bk with the picture
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Naijabash(m): 7:03pm On May 14, 2018
shocked
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Naijabash(m): 12:04pm On May 15, 2018
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Naijabash(m): 9:42pm On May 30, 2018
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Naijabash(m): 9:46am On Jun 01, 2018
, ,,,
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Naijabash(m): 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
"""
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 04, 2018
Some time last year, I was going to host a group of people in my house at 12noon on the said day. Then at 10am, I received a business call that I also needed to attend to. So I calculated that I could attend to the business and still make it before the time, being that the road wasn't a straight one, I decided to park at a point and continued by joining public transport. On my way back, when I got to that same bustop where I parked my car, I totally forgot I had parked there so I quickly boarded a bike home. On getting home it was 12noon on the dot and a few people were already standing in front of my house and was worried I wasn't home. Immediately they saw me, one of them said we thought you won't be back soon since we didn't see your car and at that very moment, I realized i had forgotten my car where I had parked it. I told them though and we laughed over it. After the meeting, I then went back to pick my car. So this could happen to anyone due to pressure or some other things but pls not for '20yrs'
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by initiate: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
What type of car was it?

Naijabash:
Wonder shall never end ....News reaching us from The Independent has it that Back in 1997 in the German city of Frankfurt, a man reported his car as stolen to the police.

Twenty years later, the authorities in the city have tracked down the missing vehicle, only to discover that the man who owned it had in fact, just forgotten where he’d parked the car and had assumed it had been stolen.The vehicle was found in a garage in an old industrial building that is due to be demolished.
The car was in the way of the demolition so it was reported to the police who then investigated who the owner was.

According to German regional paper Augsberger Allgemein, the man, now 76-years-old, was driven by the police with his daughter to be reunited with the car.

Unfortunately the car was no longer functional and had to be scrapped.

“The car can no longer be driven and will be sent to the scrap heap,” Frankfurt authorities said.
The incident is reminiscent of another German case, in which a man was reunited with his vehicle two years after parking up and going on a drinking binge in Munich, only to forget where he’d parked. He reported it missing and eventually police found the vehicle 4km away from where the man thought he’d parked it.

Earlier this year a man from Scotland lost his car after attending a Stoneroses gig in Manchester. He reportedly searched for the vehicle for 5 days before giving up. He even contacted the council and various companies in a bid to trace the vehicle.
He eventually reported the car stolen, but it was found six months later, exactly where he’d left it, though with parking fines estimated at over £5,000.

And the Car remained where he parked it for 20year ... unbelievable!!!
Continue reading ....Click to See Photo of the Car at Source >>> http://naijabizcom.com/2017/11/17/german-man-forgets-where-he-parks-his-car-then-finds-it-20-years-later/
Re: SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later by Naijabash(m): 6:23am On Jul 30, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Rav4 vs Honda CRV / Expert Opinion Wanted: HONDA Accord Crosstour VS LEXUS Rx 350; Which Is Better?? / Nigerian Used Vs Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.