Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,676 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Why Should I Stop Smoking? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Should I Stop Smoking? (263 Views)

Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) / Sweating On The Palms, How Do I Stop it? / Mentally Challenged Man Smoking Weed By Roadside In Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Should I Stop Smoking? by Firstinfosite(m): 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2017
WHY SHOULD I STOP SMOKING?

In almost every cigarette smoke packet I’ve seen, the federal ministry of health always tell me that smokers are liable to die young and my 82 year old uncle still smokes and is healthier that most middle aged men. So how will I die young? What’s going to kill me? Why should I stop smoking?
Well, here is the truth, you should stop smoking. Smoking kills, it’s dangerous and unhealthy. The reason my uncle is still alive and smoking could be as a result of the “logetivity gene”. This gene allows an individual to withstand environmental changes. Scientists say the genes help the body cells maintain and repair themselves protecting the person from aging and environmental damage like smoking. However, this gene is rare and is not present in most smokers. So it’s better to be safe than sorry.
In every cigarette smoke, there about 4,000 chemicals and 43 carcinogens (cancer causing organisms) the three major carcinogens are Tar, Nicotine and Carbon monoxide each of which are dangerous to your health.
Nicotine is known to stimulate the secretion of excess amounts of the neurotransmitter Dopamine. And large amounts of dopamine are known to cause a medical condition known as schizophrenia. Nicotine is also known as an addictive drug. It brings back pleasurable moments and that is why smoking is almost impossible to stop once it becomes a habit
Tar in cigarette smoke paralyzes the cilia in the lugs and contributes to lung diseases such as emphysema, chronic bronchitis and lung cancer
The third major chemical is carbon monoxide...

see full article at www.fistinfosite..com

source; www.firstinfosite..com
Re: Why Should I Stop Smoking? by MaryBenn(f): 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Every Woman Is A Mother / Health / The Cure For Hepatitis B And C That You Didn't Know...{with Pic}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.