Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Personals Ads: Your Online Dating Site Profile - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Personals Ads: Your Online Dating Site Profile (416 Views)

IBD Dende Biography: Wikipedia, Age, Profile, Family, Net Worth, State Of Origin / Man Who Fell For A Single Mother-of-six After Meeting On A Dating Site / Man Blasts His Daughter Over Her Profile Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Personals Ads: Your Online Dating Site Profile by Stocktonmac: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2017
Writing an appealing personal profile for online dating site is easier than it sounds even if you're not "a writer". Hope you learn more and enjoy the dating tips of Alex Wise of http://www.Loveawake.com. He has shared a few things to keep in mind as you're tapping out a description of yourself for potential online dates to peruse.

1. TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK!
Typing in all-capital letters is irritating and hard to read. Some people will skip by caps-lock profiles completely.

2. Never, under any circumstance, say, "I'm new to this." or "This is my first time."
Really. Everyone says it; no one cares. It's just wasting your time and theirs and taking up some of your description space with, well, nothing.

3. Try to make smaller paragraphs.
This isn't always doable because of the formatting that happens inside the Online Dating sites themselves, but *if* you can make shorter paragraphs, your profile will be much more "readable".

4. Start with an outline / make a list
Write down a few ideas before you start of what you're going to cover as you describe yourself to other singles online.
- Love to cook. Make world's best scrambled eggs.
- Have a graduate degree in ancient civilizations.
- Love to listen to Eric Clapton.
- Enjoy hiking

5. Take a moment to talk about your hobbies or what you realllly love doing.
Do you love board games? Do you volunteer at a local youth center? Tell us!

6. Inject some adjectives and adverbs into your profile.
What sounds better: "My zest for life is driven by my love for animals--my two lively cats are constant companions."
-- or --
"I love animals. I have two cats. They are always around me."

7. Avoid cliches. Please. Really.
Everyone is tired of the bar scene. No one likes players. Everyone hates "playing games." Everyone has had a bad relationship, but not all men/women suck. Oh, and we know you're looking for Mr/Ms Right. Please don't club us over the head with it. (If I see another profile that has any of that stuff, I may actually hurl.)

8. Read others' profiles before you write.
If you're a woman seeking a man, read other women's profiles; if you're a man seeking a woman, read other men's profiles. You'll be amazed at how bad some profiles are. (You may also be inspired by how good other ones can be, too!)

9. Mix up your sentences.
Reading a profile where every sentence starts with "I" is about as exciting as watching grass grow. Look at the example above on adjectives and adverbs and bear that idea in mind as you type

10. If you're a strongly religously (or otherwise) centered person, say so!
There is no point in pursuing a relationship with someone who's going to be dramatically opposed to your moral viewpoints.

11. Last, and not least, post an *appropriate* picture.
A. Avoid pictures of you with another ex or another guy/girl--even if it's just your brother/sister. Few things are more unnerving to a potential online date than seeing a picture of someone they're interested in with someone that *could* be your ex. Eww. It's just yucky. Likewise, as much fun as it may have been, that picture of you in a daze at the frat party with five other guys is probably a bad idea, too.
B. Post a current picture. You're 30, your high school graduation picture may be wonderful, but that was over 10 years ago. Get over it. Get a new picture.
C. If you don't have children, posting a picture of you with a child is a bad idea. MANY people will immediately think you have a child even if it's only your next door neighbor's kid. It may be cute, but just don't do it.

(1) (Reply)

Help On The Way For Children Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease / Don’t Rush To Judge / Free Online Training On Snacks,cooking,organic Skin Care On Telegram By FTC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.