Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,523 members, 7,958,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:26 PM

Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Document - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Document (896 Views)

Two Men About Travelling To India Arrested For Fake Document In Abuja / Policemen Arrested At A Bank While Waiting To Extort Men Of N1 Million. Photos / Cultists Arrested At Herbalist's Home In Bayelsa After Killing A Rival (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Document by exlinkleads(f): 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2017
Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Documents, Charged To Court

Is no more business as usual in British or American Embassy across Nigeria because now, one can be prosecuted for trying to use a fake documents for traveling.

Its no news that Nigerians has been traveling abroad with fake and forged documents for years, especially bank statements. But this days, you can be sent to jail for attempting to do that. So guys, you have to sit up.

According to reports, One Adekola Tunde has been arraigned by the EFCC before Justice M.A. Dauda of the Lagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja, on a five-count charge bordering on forgery and use of fraudulent documents.

The offence is contrary to Section 363 (1) and (2) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.

The suspect was arrested following a complaint received by the Commission from the British High Commission, Lagos. The 28-year suspect, who hails from Ijebu-Ode in Ogun State, allegedly submitted a forged Certificate of Incorporation from the Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC, to the British High Commission in order to secure a visa to the United Kingdom.

One of the counts reads:

“That you, Adekola Rahman Tunde, on or about 4th day of November, 2016 in Lagos within the Lagos Judicial Division knowingly forged the official stamp of Ghana Immigration Service, which you embossed on your Nigerian International passport number AO6565165 and purported the said stamp to have been embossed on the Nigerian international passport number AO6565165 by the Ghana Immigration Service.”

Another count reads:

“That you, Adekola Rahman Tunde, on or about 16th day of March, 2016 in Lagos within the Lagos Judicial Division knowingly forged the Corporate Affairs Commission Certificate of Registration of Business name-Lastborn Computer Ventures and purported same to have been issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.”

The suspect pleaded not guilty to the charge when it was read to him. In view of his plea, the prosecution counsel, Murtala Saiu, asked for a trial date and prayed the court to remand the suspect in prison custody.

Counsel to the suspect, however, urged the court to grant his client bail. After listening to both counsel, Justice Said remanded the suspect in the EFCC custody and adjourned to November 29, 2017 for hearing of bail application.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/11/man-arrested-at-british-embassy-lagos.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3

Re: Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Document by Mrkumareze(m): 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Document by RoyalBlak007: 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2017
♤Hope you do enjoy
♤your time, Sir grin
Re: Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Document by nifemi25(m): 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2017
So you wanted to leave and run to united Kingdom. No way. Instead of that go cool your head in another place
Re: Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Document by TheShopKeeper(m): 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2017
...these people are not smiling at all...
Re: Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Document by JAMESOJAY: 8:02am On Nov 18, 2017
I went to the American Embassy in abuja on the 16th of Nov and was not given a visa..my passport just has 5months to expire and am married but my international Passport says am single .i want to reapply in Lagos on the third week of Dec..Is there gonna be a problem with that?Please I need help please
Re: Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Document by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:16am On Nov 18, 2017
JAMESOJAY:
I went to the American Embassy in abuja on the 16th of Nov and was not given a visa..my passport just has 5months to expire and am married but my international Passport says am single .i want to reapply in Lagos on the third week of Dec..Is there gonna be a problem with that?Please I need help please
no тнere ιѕn'т a proвleм...jυѕт go wιтн υr мarrιage cerтιғιcaтe..ιт'ѕ noтнιng oυт oғ place...вυт pleaѕe do тнoroυgн preparaтιonѕ..вleѕѕ υp!
Re: Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Document by JAMESOJAY: 10:39am On Nov 18, 2017
Yeah thanks man..i was asked where my son is and I answer that his with my wife and the woman didn't give the visa..i answer all other correctly..please can you help
Re: Man Arrested At British Embassy, Lagos For Try To Secure Visa With Fake Document by cozyfbaby: 10:58am On Nov 18, 2017
Kwara state University lecturer commits suicide after he was converted to a contract staff-see why

Mr Malete, Dr. Solomon Osunlola A lecturer at the Department of Crop Production, College of Agriculture, Kwara State University commited suicide, , .

The Director of the institutes Public Relations Department, Dr. Isiaka Aliagan, who confirmed the incident on Friday in Ilorin, said that the deceased was a Lecturer 1 with the College of Agriculture.

He said that Osunlola joined the services of the institution on a full-time appointment in 2010.
Read more here: http://www.naijatrending.com.ng/breaking-news/kwara-state-university-lecturer-commits-suicide-converted-contract-staff-see/

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapper Caught Dragging A Woman Burnt To The Ground Infront Of Students In Cal / Is Infidelity Of Husband With His Mother Inlaw Enough For Wife To Kill Him? / Shocker!! See What Policemen Did After Fulani Herdsmen Robbed Passengers(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.