Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award (13469 Views)

AFRIFF: Olu Jacobs Wins Life Time Achievement Award (Photos) / Vivian Okpala Reminisces Lekki Massacre With Artistic Photos / Sister Deborah Poses Nude In New Artistic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2017
Jealous much, if you had the opportunity u would do same if not more!!
Evaberry:
very sure she used her dad's contact to get that award.

A DJ with an empty head
Re: DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award by ogbeniolola: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
Shhooo why you dey beef the innocent girl nau?.....Try use you your own dad's contact too and move up nau! Abi u no get dad ni?
Evaberry:

A DJ with an empty head
Re: DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award by hollamanng(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2017
Evaberry:

A DJ with an empty head
At least she didn't come to nairaland to comment on the latest post grin grin grin grin
Re: DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award by anonimi: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2017
GavelSlam:
How?

Maybe for the story below =>

Alumna Starts Reality Series In Africa

Alumna Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola, a Nigerian-born award-winning DJ, producer, and songwriter, is starring in a reality series on Fox Life Africa, reports IOL, South Africa’s online news agency.

Known to her fans as DJ Cuppy, Florence is the daughter of billionaire oil magnate Femi Otedola. Her new reality show, Cuppy Takes Africa, is a series that follows her experience of playing music in eight countries in Africa. “You will be able to see how much work goes on behind the scenes of a project of this magnitude," she told IOL. "The tour was a roller-coaster and the viewers will see that during the course of the show and see how beautiful Africa is.”

Florence became a household name at the age of 18. Her 2014 album, House of Cuppy, established her signature "Neo-Afrobeats" sound and received reviews in London and New York while she was getting her master's degree in Music Business.

Prior to attending NYU, she grew up in Lagos and moved to London as a teenager. "I had quite an exciting and culturally diverse childhood which allowed me to keep an open and adventurous mind,” she told IOL.

Commenting on her show, Florence says, “The world gets to see the true me: a young African woman juggling life’s playlist. I like to challenge myself and the tour was definitely a challenge for my team and me.”

https://steinhardt.nyu.edu/news/2016/11/18/Alumna_Starts_Reality_Series_In_Africa

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award by Truth234(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2017
Benita27:
Painment where?. I watch her reality show so know what I'm talking about. She looks posh but sounds average. Her English accent isn't Nigerian but sounds like that of people from Kenya or South Africa.

What about your finance minister? Is her accent Nigerian? When is accent even an issue in communication?
Re: DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award by SAMBARRY: 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2017
Benita27:
Painment where?. I watch her reality show so know what I'm talking about. She looks posh but sounds average. Her English accent isn't Nigerian but sounds like that of people from Kenya or South Africa.
see jealousy,see fAult finder grin

Even if Jesus comes down in human form una go still find fAult
Re: DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award by wane01(m): 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2017
Evaberry:

A DJ with an empty head
eva eva .... wish i could say sumfin different though
Re: DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award by iamfromlagos(f): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
Benita27:
Artistic achievement award for?. BTW, She sounds dull when you hear her speak with her South African accent.
a member of The Haters Association of Nigeria. Nairaland Chapter.
At least she's known.
Re: DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award by emeijeh(m): 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
Tamarapetty:
cheesy Otapiapia?
Funkeeeee!!!

Apostle will hear of this!

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Wins New York University's 2017 Alumni Artistic Achievement Award by sinceraconcept(m): 1:24am On Nov 19, 2017
Benita27:
That's very true. I watched her speak when she was being interviewed and her accent was somehow,not as good as Nigerian accent and she's not really eloquent and fluent in English. I concluded maybe she speaks too much Yoruba at home

(1) (2) (Reply)

Queen Latifah Came Out Of The Closet. It Is Official. / Battle Of The Year Dance Show: Glo Announces Mega Millions To Be Won / Mike Ezuruonye's Wedding!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.