Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper (3071 Views)

Prospective Corper Gives Birth To A Baby Girl In Oyo (Photos) / NYSC Batch A 2018 Printing Of Call Up Letter. / NYSC Batch A 2018 | Affordable NYSC Camp Kits In Nigeria | 5% Discount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by RedPill(m): 10:31am On Nov 18, 2017
Good morning readers. I will be sharing all the experiences of my struggles between my the conclusion of my B.A and my call-up for NYSC. Trust me it's going to be fun; I'm no boring person
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by RedPill(m): 10:51am On Nov 18, 2017
First of all: Introduction
I finished my degree program (unaccredited) on April 2017. Studying English language in Obafemi Awolowo University is no joke with the rate at which mass failure gloats like bees around their honeycomb but Voila!, I'm done.

After completing my project around early May, I shared the believe that me and my classmates were going to be mobilized for the next NYSC batch (Sept/Oct) but we were stung with disbelief as till this moment, the great department of English has not reviewed and sent our results to Senate. Shouts there, curses here as my classmates were frustrated at the unnecessary waste of their precious time. I wasn't really bothered cuz' I saw this coming (courtesy of my super perception skills). So next year it is, May next year!. That's an extra year to unnecessarily remain in servitude to the clogged processing of our clearance from OAU!

Meanwhile, my convoncation is coming up on December 13th and I'm still sitting on the fence on whether going or not. You have to pay ₦15k to participate; Yes!.

more details soon
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by RedPill(m): 11:20am On Nov 18, 2017
Flashback to 2013
Believe it or not, I wrote post-utme in March, 2012. I wasn't offered admission till around February 2013. Count with me that's 1year. I initially chose Law but due to an 'unprofessional oversight' grin , I was given English language. I wasn't going to stay an extra year home so I reluctantly took the offer planning I'll let that be my first degree.

March, 2013: I became an undergraduate in the ever "Great Ife" haha. My new life of stressful education was cut short during my first year second semester when ASUU ignited their sorry six months strike (July, 2013- January, 2014). That's 1year, Six untradable months gone! ( well, I supposedly made the "best" of it- I taught myself Photoshop!.

Fast forward to 2017 after a couple of internal strikes and unnecessary breaks in OAU ( NUGA Games break 2014, Student Union induced strike 2014,2015,2016, an hilarious Mid-Semester break in 2015, NASU strike 2015, 2016 and few I can't remember, which I will total out to 6months. still counting that's 2years wasted from obtaining a degree in English language.

God be praised , we were out April, 2017 and that's where we've also been blessed with an extra year (totalling 3years by 2018 "wasted"wink to wait for NYSC haha. Well man's got to do something, part of which is why I decided to create this thread to write about my call up to NYSC process. I hope you enjoy the emerging story.

P.S: I want to serve in Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by Veekthoria(f): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hmmm! I can relate

EGL class of 2016 PANDA!
Any news about clearance?
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by RedPill(m): 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
Veekthoria:
Hmmm! I can relate

EGL class of 2016
PANDA!

Any news about clearance?

haha lol...not yet
Go pay for convoncation cheesy
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by Veekthoria(f): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
RedPill:

haha lol...not yet Go pay for convoncation cheesy
When is the deadline sef?
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by RedPill(m): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
Veekthoria:

When is the deadline sef?

Well, there's no deadline really but it's better to pay early.
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by Veekthoria(f): 5:42am On Dec 01, 2017
Deadline is on the 8th of December while convocation is on the 14th
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by live4dgospel(m): 7:00am On Dec 01, 2017
Ok grin
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by RedPill(m): 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
UPDATE!!!
My convocation has been postponed!. So OAU just keeps doing what they like, they have the world in their hands angry Tragic!!!

Follow my story timeline:
2012- I got admitted
2013- I resumed
2017- finished
2018- convocation
2019- finishing NYSC

So you see the expensive cost of studying English Language in the best University in Nigeria. 6 years going!!!
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by Succette: 9:28am On Dec 09, 2017
Pray u don't end up going in batch B
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by RedPill(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
Succette:
Pray u don't end up going in batch B

Oh wow. When is Batch B and what's wrong with going with batch B
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by RedPill(m): 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2018
So no convocation for me as it as been postponed indefinitely ��OAU

Still hopefully waiting for my call up letter. Man's got to focus on business.
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by RedPill(m): 11:05am On Mar 18, 2018
Rejoice People!
We've finally been approved for mobilization BATCH A 2018 after waiting forever. No call up letter yet, still gotta do some regs.

My convocation has also been moved to December to be a joint one, my set and the new graduates ( while we waited for mobilization, they finished a SESSION!).

Akwa Ibom here I come. I'm not even doing anything to work my posting haha...more adventures coming as I am recently SINGLE, hehe.
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by Vindica: 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
Do your medical certificate of fitness at the comfort of your home at cheap and affordable price now........call or whattapp 08063198088
Re: NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper by RedPill(m): 4:48am On Apr 16, 2018
Printed my call up letter successfully this morning. Legends say I will be reporting to Mangu Camp in Plateau state. I'm so happy

Plateau: are you ready for me?

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Need Sample Of Ppa Letter Please / Is ASET (corpers) Professional Certificate Recognized ? / How To Correct NYSC Date Of Birth Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.