Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero (7723 Views)

BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / EKO2012: Anambra Stripped Of Gold Medal For Fielding Cameroonian Mercenary / South Africa's 800m Gold Medal Favourite Accuse Of Being A Man Before Race (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by tlops(m): 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2010
he better ships his customized car yo 9ja, othrwise na okada!!!
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by spoilt(f): 1:04am On Mar 25, 2010
How did you manage to represent Britain if he was illegal? Did I miss something?
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by Princek12(m): 2:05am On Mar 25, 2010
Was he a U.K. citizen who was stripped of his citizenship after he committed the purported crimes? It seems that you will have to be a U.K. citizen in order to represent the U.K. in the games. Something is not adding up for me.
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by akwaowoudo(m): 4:45am On Mar 25, 2010
Leadership at times comes with insanity.
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by sayso: 6:52am On Mar 25, 2010
this is an old story
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by labiyemmy(m): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2010
what a terribly mis leading title.
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by Wrex(m): 9:00am On Mar 25, 2010
brutal:

Stop condemning nigerians. .everyone breaks d law.
D whites do more Poo.s than nigerians. .they r involve in all kinds of criminal stuffs and rob banks/shops almost on daily basis.
I am not condemning Nigerians.All i am saying is if you break the law,you face the music.
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by blackcat1: 11:30am On Mar 25, 2010
Quote from: Wrex on Yesterday at 02:22:16 PM

Nigerians love breaking laws.

Wrex:

I am not condemning Nigerians.All i am saying is if you break the law,you face the music.

Yes you were
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by eros(m): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2010
Deport the fool and let him die from his own foolishness. He probably thought Britain was like Nigeria where you can endanger other people's lives because he had won five gold medals. Typical Nigerian dickhead who don't have respect for the law. angry angry angry angry
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by blackcat1: 12:23pm On Mar 25, 2010
eros:

Deport the fool and let him die from his own foolishness. He probably thought Britain was like Nigeria where you can endanger other people's lives because he had won five gold medals. Typical Nigerian dickhead who don't have respect for the law. angry angry angry angry

Nigeria is not a place were people's lives are endangered.
Nigerians are the ones giving Mother Nigeria a bad name.
When a nation has mostly rotten bastards (non law abiding citizens) as children citizens what do you expect? angry
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by hameet: 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2010
if there's anything more dehumanising than deportation, make britain do am. The foolish man is not even ashamed of himself (maybe he doesn't know the gist has reached naija pickins) he is begging Gordon Brown to look into the matter.
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by Busybody2(f): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2010
@ Elenurazor angry angry angry

Ti nba joko le e lori ti owo mi ba ba e, wa ro ogo lai de Cele angry , angry cheesy

@ Debosky my one and only lolo kiss kiss

The keypoint I mentioned was parents with children who have started school, because that is the legal age a child has to be enrolled in school, so hope that explains the legally part you quoted wink

Read this "right of residence" excerpt again from the link you provided and you would see the only basis to now claim free benefit, housing, etc is COS IT IS UNJUST TO INTERFERE IN A CHILD'S EDUCATION, A FOREIGN NATIONAL PARENT WHO IS CARING FOR A CHILD IN EDUCATION HAS THE RIGHT . . . . . .  EVEN IF THE CARING PARENT HAS NO INDIVIDUAL CLAIM TO LIVE IN THE COUNTRY (LEGAL AND ILLEGAL, WELL OBVIUOSLY ILLEGAL IN THIS CASE, LOL) I.E. ANY ONE WITH A CHILDREN AGED 5 AND ABOVE, THATS ALL.

'Right of residence'

Harrow and Lambeth councils in London both fought the families' legal challenges, supported by the Home Office.

But in its judgement, the Luxembourg court said that a foreign national parent who was caring for a child in education had a right to live in the UK. 

That right applied even if the parent who was working was no longer part of the family and the parent who was the carer had no individual claim to live in the country.

It said that it backed the two families because European Union law clearly stated that it would be unjust to interfere with a child's education once it had legally begun.

The judgement said: "The court finds that the right of residence of the parent who is the primary carer of a child of a migrant worker who is in education is not conditional on that parent having sufficient resources not to become a burden on the social assistance system of the host member state."

A Home Office spokesman said: "We are disappointed with today's ruling.

"We will now consider closely the European Court judgments and their implications."
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by DIY: 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2010
eje ko wa she ewon odun meta ni kirikiri maximum, that is the problem i have with my fellow nigerians always ready to break the law.
Always thinking we are above the law.
People who took there turn at the airport in the UK, come here and break all protocol.
We are just generally lawless.
eje ko she ewon. omoita lansunn lansunn
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by yommys01(m): 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2010
I feel for the guy but I am happy he is being deported. He will only stand as an example to others who think running away from the country is the answer to their problems. It is true that we have a very serious problem in this country but no one runs away from a problem to solve it.

It is a very unpatrotic act to abandone you country and adopt another country because of money.
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by JoeGaruba: 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2010
yommys01:

I feel for the guy but I am happy he is being deported. He will only stand as an example to others who think running away from the country is the answer to their problems. It is true that we have a very serious problem in this country but no one runs away from a problem to solve it.

It is a very unpatrotic act to abandone you country and adopt another country because of money.

Unpatriotic because you say so or because you should owe your life to a failed system? What would this guy have become if he had been in his condition all this while in Nigeria? Ask the able bodied athletes that won medals even.

Everyone has the right to do what they see best for themselves.
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by nipalm(m): 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
UK law states "Immigrants who commit serious criminal offences are subject to automatic deportation once their sentences end", why is this so difficult for some nairalanders to understand? the guy was sentenced to five months in prison for driving while disqualified after twice being convicted of careless driving (this is a serious criminal offence according to the UK laws).

He shot himself in the foot.

The UK law is no respecter of anyone (either famous / or not).

QED.

PS : Nigerian law makers / administrators should learn from this.
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by Kratos007(m): 10:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
well, he has only himself to blame. laws should be respected, gold medal winning athlete or not. an encounter with lastma will cure him of his temporary insanity.
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by Phony200(m): 6:52am On Mar 26, 2010
Ideal Headline should have been "Dangerous Driving Disabled Dumbass Deported". Who said specially adapted cars can't kill people? The guy's a walking carbomb (No pun intended) :-)
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by troy34(m): 7:44am On Mar 26, 2010
nobody should even try crying about injustice. its just a pity that after all he has won he's been deported. the law is the law & he shouldn't have been driving when he war banned from doing so. he's always welcome home:-)
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by deb(m): 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2010
Why did he represent Britain? Fu[i]c[/i]k him for his slavery mentality and f[i]u[/i]ck britain too for using and dumping him
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by Kratos007(m): 12:47am On Mar 27, 2010
deb:

Why did he represent Britain? Fu[i]c[/i]k him for his slavery mentality and f[i]u[/i]ck britain too for using and dumping him

did britain tell him to drive around carelessly? sorry bro, rules are rules and if you break the law, you must be prepared to face the music. even marion jones went to prison for breaking the law. this was a woman that represented america in the olympics. nigerians need to learn that nobody is above the law, at least that is what its suppposed to be.
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by ceasyc(f): 4:10am On Mar 27, 2010
"Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero'

WOW what a catchy n silly headline after reading d whole story

britain deports
5 gold medal
nigerian
hero 

DUMB ASSSSSS WRITER

dumb asssss "nigerian hero"

Phony200:

Ideal Headline should have been "Dangerous Driving Disabled Dumbass Deported". Who said specially adapted cars can't kill people? The guy's a walking carbomb (No pun intended) :-)

nice 1 wink grin
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by bandore(m): 8:38am On Mar 27, 2010
Although this is an old subject, I also read he has kids with a British woman.I am beginning to think the main reason for his deportation order was because of his status here, If he was a British citizen, he would not have been deported.Obviously he had legal residence maybe a work permit when he was winning those medals.
One thing is that the United Kingdom does not have what is called 'common sense law'.The culprit in this instance should have been given a prison suspension order or in fact a prison sentence,say 12 months in jail.I am within completion of my book, 'The U.K and the common sense law', When I finish my composition, I would expose the non-nonchalance with which the U.K use and dump and do not focus on the more important issue of criminality.How many Muslim idiots have they deported here in the U.K, instead they give them free housing and pay them for being in jail and apologizing.
Granted the Nigerian reported here is endangering people's life, he should have been made to pay for his crimes namely, Jailed. How many white men and woman do you hear of even jailed when found drinking and driving.At most they get points on their licences and fined 60 pounds.
The U.K use people and dump them. In the early 50's they went all the way to the Caribbeans and recruited bus drivers, the majority of cleaners,carers are blacks taking care of the parents they don't give a sh, it about,
having joined the E.U the best bet was to start deporting the colored skin. But didn't they know they were illegal immigrants when they were made to do this menial jobs and taxes scooped out of them??Alas these illegals have no pension, no health plan themselves and after 10-15 yrs, they are held, deported and they are put on the t.v and newspapers for the world to see!
Some people here are blaming this man,but what if you were in his shoes?And yes, he left Nigeria for greener pastures. Has the Nigerian government stood up to criminals in Nigeria, they pillage and steal billions each day. No good roads,water,electricity and they siphon billions.
I can write and write about all this but nobody would care,
Take it or leave it, THE MOST GREEDIEST AND MOST SELFISH NATION IN THE WORLD IS THE UNITED KINGDOM EVIDENT IN ITS PEOPLE BOTH MEN WOMEN, YOUNG AND OLD.THE THEORY IS TO USE AND DUMP!
IT WOULD BACKFIRE SOMEDAY,
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by HajiraB(f): 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2010
10 gbosas to Angelfan, This guys needs to go back to Nigeria, he has used all the benefits he has got driving offences not once or twice and he is supposed to be in a wheel chair i wonder what he would of got up to if not in a wheelchair?
he needs to go, He had no business representing UK in the first place so if he feels used and dumped he was not he was paid for his services now he has bitten off too much than he can chew, well wishing him luck in Nigeria
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by member479760: 8:32am On Mar 28, 2010
This is a lesson to all Nigerians in the Diaspora - work, save and invest your money in Nigeria. Just imagine if one spend 20 years in London, for example, and one can build 4 - 4plex (16 flats) and a supermarket in Nigeria then one don't need to write mr. brown for pardon if facing deportation. Nigerians think! - Whiteman don't need us to overstay in their country again whether you are legal or not.
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2010
He got it coming, he should bring his ass here, and come and die, lol
Re: Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero by deb(m): 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
Kratos007:

did britain tell him to drive around carelessly? sorry bro, rules are rules and if you break the law, you must be prepared to face the music. even marion jones went to prison for breaking the law. this was a woman that represented america in the olympics. nigerians need to learn that nobody is above the law, at least that is what its suppposed to be.

What are you talking about? I said the mudarfuckers use the guy and dumped him who says they should not respect british law?
If he wasn't british why did they allow him to compete for them? Now that he committed an offence he is not a briton but he was
british enough to win 5gold medals  for them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Falcons Thrash Senegal 3-0 To Qualify For Semi-finals / CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Nigeria Football Under Amaju Pinnick NFF Moving Forward Or Backwards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.