Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread - Education (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread (322378 Views)

Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by simplebb: 5:45am On Jul 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

Yes. You're right.

But which school will be the alternative ?

I am looking at UNIBEN for d boy
They give room for awaiting result.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by midehill(m): 7:25am On Jul 10, 2018
simplebb:

Uniben form z already out...dnt try it
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by simplebb: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2018
midehill:

Uniben form z already out...dnt try it
Can't one change it this week
And register for Post UTME by Friday
People do change of Institution at even the last minute.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by midehill(m): 7:36am On Jul 10, 2018
simplebb:

Can't one change it this week

And register for Post UTME by Friday

People do change of Institution at even the last minute.

It's not immediately jamb will send your details...it takes time...u can try it sha

Or change to anoda skul dat d form is not out yet
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by simplebb: 7:38am On Jul 10, 2018
midehill:

It's not immediately jamb will send your details...it takes time...u can try it sha

With the situation of things, that's the best bet. If not that score will be wasted, and 268 is a good score to try law.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by midehill(m): 7:41am On Jul 10, 2018
simplebb:

With the situation of things, that's the best bet. If not that score will be wasted, and 268 is a good score to try law.

Yes bro...success in Ur endeavours
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by youngguru23(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2018
University of Ibadan (UI) Post UTME Form 2018/2019 Session

https://www.myschoolsinfo.com.ng/2018/07/university-of-ibadan-post-utme-form.html
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by simplebb: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2018
midehill:

Yes bro...success in Ur endeavours

Thanks and you too.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2018
pls is the exam still going to be paper based
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2018
simplebb:

I strongly suggest that you phone the admission office
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by kenine45: 11:03am On Jul 10, 2018
IMPORTANT INFO

AS IT IS NOW OBVIOUS THAT THE MOST ANTICIPATED UI PUTME IS CLOSE, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO A TUTORIAL THAT CAN HELP YOU ADEQUATELY IN YOUR PREPARATIONS FOR THE PUTME.

JOIN TBOSE TUTORS TODAY
IT ISN'T ALL ABOUT THE MONEY BUT IT IS OUR DESTINY TO MAKE SURE YOU FULFILL YOUR DESTINY.

THE LESSON RUNS FROM MON - SAT
WE OPERATE ONLINE CLASS FOR THOSE FAR AWAY. JUST APPLY
IF YOU AREN'T HERE NOW PLEASE START COMING BECAUSE OUR PRINCIPAL FOCUS IS TO ENSURE YOUR ∆G IS -VE.

FOR SCIENCE AND NON SCIENCE

ACCOMMODATION IS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE FAR AWAY
REGISTRATION IN PROGRESS...
VENUE : ABADINA PRIMARY SCHOOL 1, UI ( get a #50 bike from UI gate and when you get there, call me as there are many tutorials around )

REMEMBER, A SOLDIER THAT SWEATS PROFUSELY DURING TRAINING WILL BLEED LESS DURING BATTLE.

CONTACT AJESEN ON 08169993852

Signed
TBOSE TUTORS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by simplebb: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

I strongly suggest that you phone the admission office
For which school...
UNIBEN or UI??
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2018
A hydrometer has a weighted bulb of volume 30cm^3 and a uniform stem with a cross-sectional area of 1cm^2. When floating in water 3cm of the stem is immersed. What length of this stem will be immersed when the hydrometer floats in a liquid of density 0.89gcm^-3. PLS SHOW FULL WORKINGS! CC: DrBESTJC, TeflonBlixx and others.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
please can i make medicine or microbiology with this result?

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
simplebb:

For which school...

UNIBEN or UI??

ui
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
LukeSkywalker78:
please can i make medicine or microbiology with this result?

You only need a credit pass in relevant subjects for any course you wanna study in Ui.

Your jamb score should determine In this case
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Damayogenius18: 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2018
Since the date has been announced..... I will resume giving outline both physics and chemistry.......step on how to summarize ur inorganic chemistry....lemme usehydrogen has a case example....Dont On Bond Lamp In Physical Chemistry Test. Understand!!!!......Doblip CTU
D- Discovery
O- Occurrence
B- Bonding
L- Lab preparation
I - Industrial preparation
P- physical properties
C- chemical properties
T- test
U- uses....
Discovery...Hydrogen was discovered by Cavendish and name water former by lavioser....

Occurrence...1% of d earth crust,1/9 mass of water ,found in star,sun,volcanic gases,human....e.tc

Bonding....it form ionic bonding....where it uses -1 oxidation state to react with electropositive metal to for ionic/metallic hydride e.g NaH...
It form covalent hydride with covalent compound...CH4,NH3 using +1 oxidation state....it also form dative covalent bond when it exist as +1 oxidation state....I.e when it react with electron rich molecule with lone pair..e.g with water molecule to form hydroxonium and with ammonia to form ammonium ion.......why not ammonium or hydroxonium only not their ion?.... Hydrogen also form intermolecular bonding I.e hydrogen bond which is 1/10 as strong as covalent bond...e.g hydrogen bond is formed BTW two molecule of Hydrogen fluoride.....what's the difference BTW covalent bond and hydrogen bonding...?

Lab prep......5 method is common BT I will explain3.....1...metal + dil mineral acid e.g Zn + dil HCl....no heating is involve... Catalyst use copper sulphate.....collected over water....wanted dry,use fused CaCl2 or Conc H2S04.....4quick question...a.. Why not CaCl2why fused....wat is fused CaCl2.....b.why not also use dilut H2SO4 instead of Conc....c..what is d difference BTW drying agent and dehydrating agent.d..why can't we use HNO3 as our dilute mineral acid.....2....Action of on electropositve metal on water.....e.g sodium on cold water....resulting solution will be alkaline and u see bubbles of hydrogen.....u can put red litmus paper,it will change to blue.... quick question ..if sodium react with cold water wat will zinc and copper react with to produce hydrogen......3..Action of iron on steam...iron(ii)di iron(iii) oxide Fe3O4 is produced.....
In the three cases...hydrogen is collected over water or downward displacement of water.....if wanted dry,use drying agent and collection it over mercury.......
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

You only need a credit pass in relevant subjects for any course you wanna study in Ui.

Your jamb score should determine In this case
thanks sir, but i need more explanations
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
Damayogenius18:
Since the date has been announced..... I will resume giving outline both physics and chemistry.......step on how to summarize ur inorganic chemistry....lemme usehydrogen has a case example....Dont On Bond Lamp In Physical Chemistry Test. Understand!!!!......Doblip CTU
D- Discovery
O- Occurrence
B- Bonding
L- Lab preparation
P- physical properties
C- chemical properties
T- test
U- uses....
Discovery...Hydrogen was discovered by Cavendish and name water former by lavioser....

Occurrence...1%i) of d earth crust,1/9 mass of water ,found in star,sun,volcanic gases,human....e.tc

Bonding....it form ionic bonding....where it uses -1 oxidation state to react with electropositive metal to for ionic/metallic hydride e.g NaH...
It form covalent hydrid with covalent compound...CH4,NH3 using +1 oxidation state....it also form dative covalent bond when it exist as +1 oxidation state....I.e when it react with electron rich molecule with lone pair..e.g with water molecule to form hydroxomium and with ammonia to form ammonium ion.......why not ammonium or hydroxonium only not their ion Hydrogen also form intermolecular bonding I.e hydrogen bond which is 1/10 strong as covalent bond...e.g BTW two molecule of Hydrogen fluoride.....what's the difference BTW covalent bond and hydrogen bonding...?
well, i dont think there is any diff. Because hydrogen is a non metal and covalent bond occurs btw. Two non metals. I stand corrected i made any mistakes.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2018
@Damayogenius, Covalent bond is an interatomic bond that is formed when there is an equal sharing of electron(s) between the participant atoms. We have two types of covalent bond; they are polar and non-polar covalent bonds while hydrogen bond on the other hand, is the intermolecular bond between hydrogen and highly electronegative elements( ie oxygen, fluorine and nitrogen).
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Damayogenius18: 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2018
Damayogenius18:
D- Discovery
O- Occurrence
B- Bonding
L- Lab preparation
P- physical properties
C- chemical properties
T- test
U- uses....

Occurrence...1% of d earth crust,1/9 mass of water ,found in star,sun,volcanic gases,human....e.tc

It form covalent hydride with covalent compound...CH4,NH3 using +1 oxidation state....it also form dative covalent bond when it exist as +1 oxidation state....I.e when it react with electron rich molecule with lone pair..e.g with water molecule to form hydroxonium and with ammonia to form ammonium ion.......why not ammonium or hydroxonium only not their ion?.... Hydrogen also form intermolecular bonding I.e hydrogen bond which is 1/10 as strong as covalent bond...e.g hydrogen bond is formed BTW two molecule of Hydrogen fluoride.....what's the difference BTW covalent bond and hydrogen bonding...?

Lab prep......5 method is common BT I will explain3.....1...metal + dil mineral acid e.g Zn + dil HCl....no heating is involve... Catalyst use copper sulphate.....collected over water....wanted dry,use fused CaCl2 or Conc H2S04.....4quick question...a.. Why not CaCl2why fused....wat is fused CaCl2.....b.why not also use dilut H2SO4 instead of Conc....c..what is d difference BTW drying agent and dehydrating agent.d..why can't we use HNO3 as our dilute mineral acid.....2....Action of on electropositve metal on water.....e.g sodium on cold water....resulting solution will be alkaline and u see bubbles of hydrogen.....u can put red litmus paper,it will change to blue.... quick question ..if sodium react with cold water wat will zinc and copper react with to produce hydrogen......3..Action of iron on steam...iron(ii)di iron(iii) oxide Fe3O4 is produced.....
In the three cases...hydrogen is collected over water or downward displacement of water.....if wanted dry,use drying agent and collection it over mercury.......

....industrial prep.....electrolysis of water.....most expensive but give purest form of hydrogen....2....Bosc process...use of water gas...quick question...why is it called water gas.....process is passing steam on red hot coke....u get water gas( CO and H2).....did process is endothermic..... Reducing water gas to CO2...did process is exothermic and more hydrogen gas is produce for the reduction,we use chromium(iii) and iron(iii) as catalyst.....this is an obsolete metohod......now reduction of synthesis gas is used.....methane with steam...using nickel as catalyst....they u reduce the synthesis gas form.....in total for one methane.. 4 mole of hydrogen gas is produced....but in Bosch process,3 mole of hydrogen gas is produced.....also methane is cheaper to get Dan coke.....quick question what's the difference BTW producer gas, synthesis gas and water gas.....

Physical properties...when you see something like this....think abt what you senses can interpret....a...sight e.g colour....Smell e.g odur..touch e.g feeling..hear e.g sound...also things like density,solubility,boiling and melting point...... Hydrogen.....odurless,colourless, give pop sound when urn in air...non soluble in water.....relative to air,less dense....

Chemical properties.....Talk abt reaction...(1).combination( b)...thermal decomposition (c) redox (d)combustion (e) neutralization (f) disproportion (g)reduction/additition (h)elimination e.t.c... Now think which one did hydrogen undergo.....combination yes....to form hydride..e.g metallic hydride....with chlorine... Dat's photochemical reaction...occur fast in bright light...... Combustion...yes...burn in air with pale blue flame to produce water....redox....is an oxidizing or reducing agent....of course, hydrogen is a strong reducing agent...it usually become oxidizer...thermal decomposition? No.....others No...except hydrogenation...from alkene to alkane

Test...give pop sound...also extinguished sphincters.... Highly combustible....neutral to litmus paper
Uses: for production ammonia on large scale....which is converted to produce ferterlizer...production of Ethanol....production of atomic bond....production oxygen hydrogen flame....use as fuel,margarine production ...e.t.c
Ways d colour of hydrogen in plasma state?
Hydrogen av 3 isotope... Name them?
Why us deutrium called heavy water..
The production of fat from all use hydrogen...what is the reaction called.....when hydrogen is remove from saturated compound...it yield unsaturation....was this process call....
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by iremide12: 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

What were your scores last year?

What's your score this year?

I want to know how to advise you
last year I had 249 in jamb and I felt I'm good to go for post utme,I didn't read nd unfortunately I scored 44%
this year I scored 304 in jamb cause I tightened my belt and av started preparing for postutme but I don't want to risk only ui.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Damayogenius18: 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
Join the reading group... U will get all dis.....I don't like posting on nairaland.....my posting here maynt be as frequent as u may like it to be.....u will do well to join d reading group.......
If you are also in Ibadan,I will employ u to join Team tutors.....own by my boss...Sir Caleb.... He is one of d best teacher av ever come across....
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Damayogenius18: 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2018
Eben331:
@Damayogenius, Covalent bond is an interatomic bond that is formed when there is an equal sharing of electron(s) between the participant atoms. We have two types of covalent bond; they are polar and non-polar covalent bonds while hydrogen bond on the other hand, is the intermolecular bond between hydrogen and highly electronegative elements( ie oxygen, fluorine and nitrogen).
...bro longest tym....u r right
to some extent....polarity is a property of both inter atomic and intermolecular bond... Hydrogen bond is a type of polar bond.... We also permanent dipole which is a polar bond.......we av two type of covalent bond...... Ordinary covalent and dative or coordinate covalent bond...
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Damayogenius18: 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
LukeSkywalker78:
well, i dont think there is any diff. Because hydrogen is a non metal and covalent bond occurs btw. Two non metals. I stand corrected i made any mistakes.
there is difference
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
iremide12:

last year I had 249 in jamb and I felt I'm good to go for post utme,I didn't read nd unfortunately I scored 44%
this year I scored 304 in jamb cause I tightened my belt and av started preparing for postutme but I don't want to risk only ui.

If you ask me, you stand a good chance in Ui but it's up to you to take the risk.

Think we'll, it's your decision. There's every probably that the time that will be given to you to accept Oou's admission would have elapsed before Ui will conduct postume.

Think well, if you think you're ready to take the challenge and Prove yourself as a champion.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by abiolamitodun(m): 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
Pls I need help does anyone know if the neco internal certificate for 2015 is ready pls I need ur help
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2018
Damayogenius18:
...bro longest tym....u r right
to some extent....polarity is a property of both inter atomic and intermolecular bond... Hydrogen bond is a type of polar bond.... We also permanent dipole which is a polar bond.......we av two type of covalent bond...... Ordinary covalent and dative or coordinate covalent bond...
Yeah, it's been a while bro. What I am actually trying to say is that ordinary covalent bond can be grouped into polar and non-polar.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2018
abiolamitodun:
Pls I need help does anyone know if the neco internal certificate for 2015 is ready pls I need ur help
NECO/WAEC certificates are always out after four years of writing the exam.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

If you ask me, you stand a good chance in Ui but it's up to you to take the risk.

Think we'll, it's your decision. There's every probably that the time that will be given to you to accept Oou's admission would have elapsed before Ui will conduct postume.

Think well, if you think you're ready to take the challenge and Prove yourself as a champion.
Pls is it certain that UI Post Utme will take place on September?

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
LukeSkywalker78:
thanks sir, but i need more explanations

Like, your waec result is good for both courses Though it isn't relevant in admission process till clearance.

Your jamb result is what will determine if you can pick medicine. I.e if you have a score like 250, you'll have to chose microbiology over mbbs but a score like 300+ or something close will mean you're good to go for mbbs

You grab?.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
Y'all should pardon my bad English and typos. I really don't have time to construct real good posts or even proofread before submitting

Pardon me please. The message I'm passing is what matters

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (191) (Reply)

Thread For PHD Students / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.