Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) (3551 Views)

Check Out The Most Expensive Secondary School In The World (Pics/Video) / Canada Has The Best Government Cabinet In The World(pics) / Sad Realities Of The Modern World(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 1:49am On Nov 19, 2017
1. DENMARK

The Kingdom of Denmark is located in Northern Europe with Danish as the official language. It is a Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy with Margrethe II as the Monarch and Helle Thorning-Schmidt as the Prime Minister. The population was estimated to be 5,543,453 in the year 2012 and Danish Krone is the official currency in Denmark.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 1:50am On Nov 19, 2017
2. SWITZERLAND

The Swiss Confederation is highly popular for their watches, chocolates and banks. It is a federal republic with German, French, Italian and Romansh as the official languages. It is a very small country with around 7,952,600 people living. The Swiss Franc is the official currency and it is not a Schengen state.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 1:52am On Nov 19, 2017
3. NORWAY

The Kingdom of Norway is a Nordic Country with a Unitary Constitutional Monarchy. King Harald V serves as the King, Jens Stoltenberg as the Prime Minister and Dag Terje Andersen as the President. In the year 2012, the population was estimated to be around 5,002,942 people. Their currency is Norwegian Krone. Norwegian is the official language of Norway with Oslo as the capital. It is very cold in Norway and also, Oslo is the largest city.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 1:53am On Nov 19, 2017
4. FINLAND

This is another country I do not hear much about. The Republic of Finland is a Nordic Country and is located in Northern Europe. It is the eighth largest country in all of Europe when it comes to area and is home to around 5.4 million people. Between 12th and 1th Century, Finland was a part of Sweden and later it was considered to be a part of the Russian Empire. Later, on the 6th December of year 1917, they declared independence. Their currency is Euro and the government is Parliamentary Republic with Sauli Niinisto as the President and Jyrki Katainen as the Prime Minister.

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 1:55am On Nov 19, 2017
5. IRELAND

It was a shock to know that this country actually takes the fifth spot. It is an island; actually the third largest island in Europe and twentieth in the world. Ireland has a population of around6,399,152 people. From a political perspective Ireland is comprised of two regions; the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, which actually is a part of the United Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 1:57am On Nov 19, 2017
6. JAPAN

Tokyo comes to mind when I think of Japan because it is actually quite an expensive city to live in. Also, since I am a huge fan of anime, you mention Japan and that’s the first thing I will think of. Japan is basically an island nation in East Asia in the Pacific Ocean. Japan is not that big of country, but they stand at number ten when it comes to the global population ranking with over 127 million people residing on an archipelago of 6,852 islands. Japan is a Unitary Parliamentary Democracy and Constitutional Monarchy with Akihito as the Emperor and Yoshihiko Noda as the Prime Minister. Their currency is Yen.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 2:00am On Nov 19, 2017
7. LUXEMBOURG

Not that it’s important, but Luxembourg is my favorite name when it comes to the names of all the countries in the world. The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is located in Western Europe with Belgium, France and Germany sharing the border. It is a member of the EU, NATO, United Nations and Benelux. As of February last year, the population was estimated to be around 512,353 which is not much compared to the countries in Europe. Luxembourg is a Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy with Henri as the Grand Duke and Jean-Claude Juncker as the Prime Minister. They declared independence from French Empire on the 9th June of 1815.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 2:01am On Nov 19, 2017
8. FRANCE

France had to be included in this list obviously. The capital of the country has been on the first spot when it comes to the most expensive cities in the world; that however is not the case now. For more update information you can check out the list on the most expensive cities. Officially known as the French Republic, it is a Unitary Semi-Presidential republic in the western part of Europe with Paris as the capital, Francois Hollande as the President and Jean-Marc Ayrault as the Prime Minister. It is home to around 65,350,000 people and a member of G8, G20 and NATO.

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 2:02am On Nov 19, 2017
9. BELGIUM

When I think of Belgium, the first thing that comes to my mind are chocolates. It is officially known as the Kingdom of Belgium and it is a federal state in Europe. Also, Belgium is one of the founding members of European Union and is house to the EU headquarters. Belgium is house to around 11 million people with Dutch, French and German as the official languages. It is a Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy with Albert II as the King and Elio Di Rupo as the Prime Minister. Belgium declared independence from Netherlands on the 21st July of the year 1831.

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 2:04am On Nov 19, 2017
10. ITALY

I personally did not consider Italy to be as expensive as to be considered in this list but it still managed to take the tenth spot. Italy borders with France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia. It takes the fifth spot when it comes to the most populous countries all of Europe with around 60,813,326 inhabitants. The currency in Italy is obviously Euro. The country is a Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic with Giorgio Napolitano as the President and Mario Monti as the Prime Minister. Italy is a member of the G8, G20 and also NATO and has the third largest gold reserves in the world.

www.smashinglists.com/ten-most-expensive-countries/

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by Nobody: 2:14am On Nov 19, 2017
Imagine how developed those countries are with an average human development index HDI more than 0.8.
What stops Niger-delta from actualizing a statehood despite its large land expanses with huge population of over 20million? God will punish all those within and outside who have hindered and are still hindering the development of this region angry angry
Rivers state, considering its strategic location ought to be the economic bedrock and hotspot of Nigeria. If am I can have my way, my people should just vote me out after 3 years in office if I failed to transform Rivers state to the Dubai of our dream.
These present crops of politicians are all bereft of innovative ideas.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by Nobody: 2:22am On Nov 19, 2017
13ShadesOfMay:
5. IRELAND

From a political perspective Ireland is comprised of two regions; the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, which actually is a part of the United Kingdom.

You mean both part is under same country but the northern part is administered or controlled by the UK Government?
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by Mille: 3:34am On Nov 19, 2017
PHC1stBorn:

You mean both part is under same country but the northern part is administered or controlled by the UK Government?

Don't mind silly OP. Like most Nigerian bloggers, basically just copied and pasted garbage. The post itself is even old but he still copied it anyway.

Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland are two separate countries.
ROI is an independent country on it's own while NI is a country under the United Kingdom, just like England, Scotland and Wales.

Who doesn't know Emmanuel Macron is president of France

I find it even laughable that Finland is considered more expensive than Japan, Luxembourg and France. Whoever made the list is definitely high on weed. And Italy made the top 10 but I still can't find Germany.

Sergio Matarella has been President of Italy since 2015, for you to know how old the post copied is.

I can't even find Singapore.

Gerra outta here with this list.

12 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 19, 2017
what about d uk,and her colony Nigerian?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by remsonik(f): 6:34am On Nov 19, 2017
This list is rubbish! Wrong facts, please do proper recent research before you bring a topic here.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by ObinnaVal93(m): 7:16am On Nov 19, 2017
13ShadesOfMay:
8. FRANCE

France had to be included in this list obviously. The capital of the country has been on the first spot when it comes to the most expensive cities in the world; that however is not the case now. For more update information you can check out the list on the most expensive cities. Officially known as the French Republic, it is a Unitary Semi-Presidential republic in the western part of Europe with Paris as the capital, Francois Hollande as the President and Jean-Marc Ayrault as the Prime Minister. It is home to around 65,350,000 people and a member of G8, G20 and NATO.

my friend Emmanuel Macron z d President.. delete dz outdated piece of shit...I don't think dey HV a prime minister..I stand to b corrected
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by sureteeboy(m): 8:09am On Nov 19, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44 should lock this thread up before the OP misleads anyone further.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2017
Dutch? Dutch is one of the official languages of BELGIUM?! Give me what you are drinking whoever made this list. It's FLEMISH NOT Dutch. Rubbish list.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by d33types: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2017
What buffoonery @ this list. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by ruggedtimi(m): 8:50am On Nov 19, 2017
where T F is "ANGOLA"?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2017
13ShadesOfMay:
9. BELGIUM

When I think of Belgium, the first thing that comes to my mind are chocolates. It is officially known as the Kingdom of Belgium and it is a federal state in Europe. Also, Belgium is one of the founding members of European Union and is home to the EU headquarters. Belgium is home to around 11 million people with Dutch, French and German as the official languages. It is a Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy with Albert II as the King and Elio Di Rupo as the Prime Minister. Belgium declared independence from Netherlands on the 21st July of the year 1831.
Be specific: Belgian Dutch or Flemish. Don't just call it Dutch. Both are a whole lot different. Take note.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by rozay12345: 9:25am On Nov 19, 2017
This is an incomplete trash, what makes the country expensive is why we visited the post? Please stop wasting our data and time.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2017
PHC1stBorn:
Imagine how developed those countries are with an average human development index HDI more than 0.8.
What stops Niger-delta from actualizing a statehood despite its large land expanses with huge population of over 20million? God will punish all those within and outside who have hindered and are still hindering the development of this region angry angry
Rivers state, considering its strategic location ought to be the economic bedrock and hotspot of Nigeria. If am I can have my way, my people should just vote me out after 3 years in office if I failed to transform Rivers state to the Dubai of our dream.
do those community leaders and boys , militants want development wud stop thier montly settlement Hell nope. With all d oil wey dey rivers see as rivers be lik village. I don see where villahe head reject brigde cos of his boats wud be rendered useless.Nigeria is doomed o
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 19, 2017
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by anibirelawal(m): 9:50am On Nov 19, 2017
DUMB POST.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by Leonyluiz(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
PHC1stBorn:

Oponu ni eleyi sa
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by tunaguy(m): 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
Op thank you for giving me the countries to bomb for clients
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by Chukazu: 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
Angola, Zimbabwe, Venezuela are not on your list?

how can Scandinavian countries that the most efficient economies be the most expensive?
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by ogochimereinno: 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2017
Sleep is a critical aspect of our daily lives. We cannot survive if we do not sleep. The Night is for sleeping and the day is for working. After a long day’s work, if you do not get proper sleep it will affect your health. Sleeping has many advantages which you may not know. Sleeping without any clothes on also has many benefits which you may not know. Here in this article, I have disused a few benefits which you will get if you slept Unclad
Benefits of Sleeping Unclad You NEED to Know http://sumo.ly/JnEb
Re: 10 Most Expensive Countries In The World (pics) by Einl(m): 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
Copy and paste.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Jos Exams Question Paper. A Must Read / Check Out Michael Okpara University Pume Result / Obtain Your Laspotech Part-time Studies Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.