Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz (1874 Views)

Mr Spellz Takes Kenneth Aguba To Shopping (Pictures) / Apostle Chinyere Gives Mr. Spellz A Shop & An Apartment (Photos) / Spellz And Wife, Hadiza Dije Build A House In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by UrbanNG(m): 5:10am On Nov 19, 2017
When the song, Malo was released, music followers felt it was Tiwa Savage’s gift to her husband, Tee Billz. Their marriage was once in crisis, but they’ve found a way to make things work for the better.
But the producer of the hit song, Benjamin Spellz, popularly known as Spellz, insisted that it was not even in Tiwa Savage’s plans to drop the song when she did.
According to Spellz, “I did two songs on Tiwa’s EP. Malo was originally my song that I planned to release this year. So, when we wanted to put out her EP, she needed one more song. I was not in Nigeria at that time and Tiwa was in New York too. It was difficult to work together; so, I said we should add Malo to the EP.
“I saw it as our song since I featured Wizkid and Tiwa on it. And without their efforts, the song wouldn’t be made. I am not the type that holds on to things for too long. Since Tiwa liked the idea, I spoke to Wizkid as well and he liked it too.”

He added that Malo was the last song they did and the last song they put on the EP, but he knew it would make a lasting impact upon its release.
The producer added, “In fact, I don’t think we’ve seen the best of the song. When I produced Wande Coal’s Iskaba last year, I knew it would be a big song. A year after we did Iskaba, awards are still coming in for the song. How many songs do you produce and a year after, they are still relevant? In Nigeria, the lifespan of songs is just three months.”

Full details: https://www.urbanng.com/2017/11/why-i-gave-tiwa-savage-my-hit-song-malo-spellz.html?m=1
Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by MaconAwire(m): 5:14am On Nov 19, 2017
NA WHO SING AM GET AM.....period

5 Likes

Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by biacan(f): 5:23am On Nov 19, 2017
But she paid you for it so why the noise...... unlike davido

4 Likes

Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by OKorowanta: 6:11am On Nov 19, 2017
Everything naim Nigerians dey see as problem.
Dis guys above me are on major cannabis.
Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by Tamarapetty(f): 7:00am On Nov 19, 2017
k
Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by Elnino4ladies: 7:06am On Nov 19, 2017
biacan:
But she paid you for it so why the noise...... unlike davido

SMH Can't you read ni?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by NwaAmaikpe: 7:19am On Nov 19, 2017
shocked

Point of correction Spellz;
Malo is not a hit song.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by Vinstel: 7:23am On Nov 19, 2017
All this clowns that jump out to claim a song after it becomes a hit should just go and sit down. If you were that confident in your work, why didn't you release it by yourself? If the song had flopped, will you be here claiming it now? you would have allowed tiwa to take the heat. This is just opportunist and unprofessional from spellz. Listen dude, whether you like it or not, MaLo will forever be credited to tiwa Savage. Ft Wizkid. You get production credits and that's it!!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by Megatrix: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2017
Too late. If you like talk from now till eternity na tiwa get the song. She feature you and Wizkid. Na only Wizkid sef people dey remember for the song. we no even remember say u follow sing am

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by Megatrix: 8:04am On Nov 19, 2017
Since you already said u gave her d song, there's no need to come and be claiming it again in public. E no make sense

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by itchie: 8:09am On Nov 19, 2017
Spellz pack go one corner abeg. tiwa don sing de song be say na she sing am

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by coluka: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2017
Malo- Tiwa Savage ft. Wizkid

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by femi4: 8:31am On Nov 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Malo is not a hit song.
Observation pls

Your brain is not in good form

4 Likes

Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by Neminc: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2017
Tiwa get the song
Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by Chrisbeks: 9:09am On Nov 19, 2017
It's a normal thing in the music industry. Most of the hit songs we know were not written by those who sang it
Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by mexxmoney: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2017
So we should fry beans nah?
Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by Kimcutie: 9:52am On Nov 19, 2017
Tamarapetty:
k
Err.... Emm good morning, who's that on your dp? cuz it looks relatively different from what I saw before.
Re: Why I Gave Tiwa Savage My Hit Song, Malo – Spellz by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Malo is not a hit song.
point of counter correction…Malo is a monster hit ,not just a hit

(1) (Reply)

Why People Are Crying Of Funke Akindele Delivering Twins In London / The Punishment This Lady Gave Her Cheating Boyfriend Will Make You Cry For Him / "I Slayed In Both Sizes"See Before & After Photos Of Plus Sized Deborah Olawoyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.