Stats: 3,155,790 members, 7,827,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Oou Sug Our Mumu Don Do - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oou Sug Our Mumu Don Do (747 Views)

"I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady / OAU SUG Vice President Crying After Fight Involving Union Members (pictures) / OOU Post-utme Result 2017 Has Been Released (2) (3) (4)

Oou Sug Our Mumu Don Do by XCLUX(m): 8:09am On Nov 19, 2017
OOU SUG OUR MUMU DON DO

OOU VANGUARD

With heavy pain and horrendous feeling of the great students of Olabisi Onabanjo University, i have decided to finally let the silent lion sleeping for long roar with positive anger. You might want to ask in your mind, what probably is triggering this written piece or opinion ? My beloved oouites, this is not one of those oriented or fabricated articles motivated my political inspiration, beef, or competitive gesture to cause unnecessary propaganda. This is highly motivated by the pain, agony, frustration and consistent disappointment of OOU students, in the so called leadership of the SUG government over the past years.

The latest incident between the SUG government and one of Nigeria's famous commercial bank, Guarantee Trust Bank was the final nail on the coffin. After seeing several broadcast and publicity related write up on GTbank Born to Crea8 Storm campus event tour coming to OOU, a still voice whispered in my head, "i hope this becomes a reality". But guess what ? I was practically proven wrong again. An event that was scheduled to bring one of the biggest musician in the Nigerian entertainment world 9ICE alapomeji was shamelessly cancelled. Guess what the excuse of our SUG government was? Lack of security measures...... So all of a sudden our beloved university has become a terrorist centre ? With all due respect to the Social director, she came up with the excuse that the agency representing GTbank dynamix communications refuse to keep their own part of any agreement they claim existed. This same agent I was told successfully organized the same event in other campuses in Nigeria, why always OOU ?

I laugh in ijebu, like one oouite responded to her unprofessional framed write up ❌❌❌ Scam Alert. Enough is Enough!!! Our mumu don do. OOU social activities has been a thing of shambles and disgrace over the past twenty four month, the last SUG carnival was a total disappointment, we live in a school were events are planned for in three months and maybe sometimes two weeks. Who does that ? Not even the animal kingdom prepare for their showpiece in such timeframe. Another time bomb is waiting to explode, the image of OOU socially has been battered and utterly destroyed, it is high time for a revolution and revival. Fellow oouites, this is not a question of self glory, but I happened to be a committee member of Life After School Organization who invited Frank Donga two years ago. This year edition was overwhelming, all the guests including intentional motivational speaker Paul Kayode Joash, a gubernatorial candidate for Ogun state whose name I don't want to mention, Mrs Kate Ekanem a United Nation ambassador even with her little child and many other guest turned up for the motivational program. Some flew from oversea, to be part of it, a programme endorsed by the past V.C Prof Saburi and OOU management never had any security personnel on ground, guess what ? We didn't pay a penny to bring any guest over. In sort they rather supported the initiative of the founder A'ranbe. This same event, is now been planned to be held at University Of Ibadan.

Why this story, i want to implore oouites never to heed to the lies and deceit that nothing good can happen here. Our SUG government and some external factors in time past and present have successfully pursued global companies, investors and several lucrative brand from sponsoring events and impacting into the lives of OOU students in various capacities. We've had enough!!! Greed, covetousness, pride, and over-sabi has killed our social life on campus, every show now has the turned into a club thing. Hello....... We can be better, there are thousands of talents in OOU waiting to manifest, but some forces both seen and unseen has rendered us incapacitated. It's time for a rejuvenation, something drastic has to happen. Oouites let's make this people know that our mumu don do. Like Ben Murray Bruce will say; "I just want to make common sense"

Victor Emmanuel Onuh is my name.

For more information stay tuned to OOU VANGUARD.

Whatsapp: 08098572104
Instagram: @oouvanguardmedia
Twitter: @oouvanguard2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oouvanguardmedia/
BBM: D8CDAAF8

Solve This Brainteaser. / Please Where Can I Buy Books In Bulk In Lagos / Unilorin 2017/2018 Academic Calendar Is Out!!!