Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. (1132 Views)

Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by betterABIAstate: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
Before anything, I must let you know that I'm a Christian also, though I may not share the same view with a lot of Nigerian Christians.

Nigerian Christians alongside their African counterparts are the most ignorant Christians on earth, I'm not trying to be insulting but it's the truth.

First all, Christians in Africa know absolutely nothing about the emergence of the religion aside what they read about Paul and peter in the Bible. Most of the Christian doctrine we imitate are not of Apostles Paul.

The early biblical Christian church of peter and paul started in isreal and never made significant growth, the result today is that isreal is just 2% Christian population. Christianity over a long period of troubles and persecution was finally adopted in the roman empire, this was the actual emergence of Christianity, though the message got their via apostle Paul but it took a while for it to be adopted and the roman empire came up with a lot of things contrary to what was obtainable in the apostolic time.

Have you asked yourself these questions?

1. Jesus spoke in Hebrew, "Jesus" as a word means nothing in Hebrew, as matter of fact, according to the Hebrew bible, he was called "Yeshua ha mashiach", do you know how the name Jesus came to be?

2. Do you know how the Bible was translated from Hebrew to Greek to Latin and then to English by the romans? A lot of modifications were made in this regard, a lot of names were transliterated including the Jesus and Christ we have today.

Christianity is a religion, even as most of you don't agree, get to the internet and check the history of how the bible was written, the modifications and transliteration before killing yourself on this issue. Our over sabi too much, yet we know nothing, we even claim to know the religion better than the romans who started it fully, the English and Portuguese who brought them to us.

We have succeeded in Africanizing the religion, we practise the act of appeasing gods like that of IFA and Amadioha beofe he does something for us. We are stylishly introducing some traditional practise into the religion and it seems like we even practise the more than the Europeans who brought it down to us.

Nigerian Christians are Picassos at cherry picking bible verse that suit them and dumping others.

I don't take all your hypocrisy serious, y'all don't have an idea of what, how, when Christianity came on board.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by greatnaija01: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
lolss..... as tho you are so important your opinion would count....mtchew.... even you do not take yourself serious

betterABIAstate:
Before anything, I must let you know that I'm a Christian also, though I may not share the same view with a lot of Nigerian Christians.

Nigerian Christians alongside their African counterparts are the most ignorant Christians on earth, I'm not trying to be insulting but it's the truth.

First all, Christians in Africa know absolutely nothing about the emergence of the religion aside what they read about Paul and peter in the Bible. Most of the Christian doctrine we imitate are not of Apostles Paul.

The early biblical Christian church of peter and paul started in isreal and never made significant growth, the result today is that isreal is just 2% Christian population. Christianity over a long period of troubles and persecution was finally adopted in the roman empire, this was the actual emergence of Christianity, though the message got their via apostle Paul but it took a while for it to be adopted and the roman empire came up with a lot of things contrary to what was obtainable in the apostolic time.

1. Jesus spoke in Hebrew, "Jesus" as a word means nothing in Hebrew, as matter of fact, according to the Hebrew bible, he was called "Yeshua ha mashiach", do you know how the name Jesus came to be?

2. Do you know how the Bible was translated from Hebrew to Greek to Latin and then to English by the romans? A lot of modifications were made in this regard, a lot of names were transliterated including the Jesus and Christ we have today.

Christianity is a religion, even as most of you don't agree, get to the internet and check the history of how the bible was written, the modifications and transliteration before killing yourself on this issue. Our over sabi too much, yet we know nothing, we even claim to know the religion better than the romans who started it fully, the English and Portuguese who brought them to us.

We have succeeded in Africanizing the religion, we practise the act of appeasing gods like that of IFA and Amadioha beofe he does something for us. We are stylishly introducing some traditional practise into the religion and it seems like we even practise the more than the Europeans who brought it down to us.

Nigerian Christians are Picassos at cherry picking bible verse that suit them and dumping others.

I don't take all your hypocrisy serious, y'all don't have an idea of what, how, when Christianity came on board.
Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by betterABIAstate: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
greatnaija01:
lolss..... as tho you are so important your opinion would count....mtchew.... even you do not take yourself serious

what is the meaning of Jesus in Hebrew, Latin, Greek or even English?
Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by UbanmeUdie: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
shocked

You foolishness is absolutely stunted!

Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by greatnaija01: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
WHO THAT ONE EPP..... all I know is when I go on my knees and call the name of Jesus.... MIRACLES HAPPEN especially after I fast, the miracles happen faster.

so GREEK N HEBREW is not what great men like AYO BABALOLA of CAC knew that they were able to call beach to come and wash their legs, that they were able to use their staff rod to cast out several Demons and they didnt go to school.... FORGET the hebrew n greek... KNOW THE OWNER OF THE NAME thats all.

betterABIAstate:
what is the meaning of Jesus in Hebrew, Latin, Greek or even English?

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by betterABIAstate: 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
greatnaija01:
WHO THAT ONE EPP..... all I know is when I go on my knees and call the name of Jesus.... MIRACLES HAPPEN especially after I fast, the miracles happen faster.

so GREEK N HEBREW is not what great men like AYO BABALOLA of CAC knew that they were able to call beach to come and wash their legs, that they were able to use their staff rod to cast out several Demons and they didnt go to school.... FORGET the hebrew n greek... KNOW THE OWNER OF THE NAME thats all.

you see why I don't take you guys serious?

You don't know the meaning of Jesus? Even in Latin and Greek it means nothing

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by betterABIAstate: 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

You foolishness is absolutely stunted!

you are the foolish person, the Hebrew name of the messiah is "Yeshua ha mashiach "

It means "Saviour the Messiah"

It means "servator Messias" in Latin

It means soter chtisto in Greek

So how did Jesus came to be?

Think, don't be a foolish religious fanatic

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by Spicycat(f): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
greatnaija01:

Why don't you instead counter his accession with fact rather than this gobbledygook you wrote.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by greatnaija01: 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
its simple spicycat.... arguing with foolly does not make anyone wise.

IS IT A LATIN BLOOD OR GREEK OR HEBREW WE RECEIVED? The bible even shows that Jesus didn't go to school. IF YOU KNOW THE WORD OF GOD YOU WONT STOOP LOW TO THIS OPINION OF MAN.

Spicycat:

Why don't you instead counter his accession with fact rather than this gobbledygook you wrote.
Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by Tunenez(m): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2017
Spicycat:

You're very firm in your belief and strong in your conviction...these i find very attractive smiley
Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 21, 2017
Some of the issue raised by Yeshua are true but I don't think you're a Christian. A Christian don't write or post this kind of article filled with hatred
Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by betterABIAstate: 8:46am On Nov 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Some of the issue raised by Yeshua are true but I don't think you're a Christian. A Christian don't write or post this kind of article filled with hatred
I'm a Christian, not a church freak.
I condemn church freaks
Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
betterABIAstate:
I'm a Christian, not a church freak.
I condemn church freaks
Then leave church alone. If you're not comfortable with the way they do just zoom off
Re: Why I Dont Take Nigerian Christians Serious. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
betterABIAstate:

Scholars say that the most complete Bible in the world is the Ethiopian one written in Geez language and alphabet. Europeans, Arabs and Americans had stolen many invaluable Christian texts from us and they are researching it in their respective top universities.

For some Africans, Jesus and Christianity aren't like of the European Christianity.

I'm non believer by the way.

(1) (Reply)

Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? / Boomplay Advertising Illuminati / 13 Years After Burial, Body Of Herbalist Allegedly Refuses To Decay (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.