Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery (10805 Views)

After 10 Years Of Waiting, Woman Dies On Christmas Day After Delivery (Photos) / Newborn Brazilian Baby Frowns At Doctor Seconds After Delivery, Turns Meme / Lady Who Danced While Heavily Pregnant Shows Off Her Body 10 Days After Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by ImaIma1(f): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hello mums/health practitioners please what is the stand on drinking cold water after putting to bed? People have said a lot about it not being good like it does not allow the womb to heal but some have also said it is not true.
Please what is the implication? And if you have had experience in that area, please share. This hot weather doesn't help with drinking warm water at all. Please help.
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by ladyF(f): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
Really?

Let's hear from the experienced people then. I no va born yet grin
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by MaryBenn(f): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
I'm coming....

1 Like

Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by ClitoPen: 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
ImaIma1:
Hello mums/health practitioners please what is the stand on drinking cold water after putting to bed? People have said a lot about it not being good like it does not allow the womb to heal but some have also said it is not true.
Please what is the implication? And if you have had experience in that area, please share. This hot weather doesn't help with drinking warm water at all. Please help.
It's best to play it neutral. Just take cool (not cold )water
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by eyinjuege: 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
Thats the best thing for you in the tropics where its very hot.
It will cool you down, and even allow you to stay well hydrated to produce more milk for your baby.
Nothing wrong with ordinary water or hot tea either..
Meanwhile, it has no effect whatsoever on wound healing

3 Likes

Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by nana228(f): 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
Double post
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by nana228(f): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
nana228:
I didn't take hot water, my mom was insisting when the doctor walked in after delivery and he told me to eat or drink anything I wanted. However, he advised I reduce my carb intake and avoid all the akpu, pounded yam/pepper soup (ji miri oku) so that I can stay in shape and get back my stomach. He explained that the womb and stomach are in different locations in the body and there is no way what you are eating can get to your womb to clean it up. Stomach is in the digestive system while womb is in the reproductive system.

1 Like

Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by LadySarah: 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
I like to think it doesnt do anythingooo,but i take it with uda for womb cleansing and breastmilk production since i always ebf my kids

1 Like

Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by theworldbest(f): 11:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
d little knowledge I have abt it is cold water intake may cause blood to clot.after delivery it's best you take hot water so you can heat up your stomach to enable the bad blood flow well n avoid cramps

8 Likes

Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by baby124: 12:39am On Nov 20, 2017
Nothing is wrong with taking cold water after child birth.
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by ImaIma1(f): 3:26am On Nov 20, 2017
You guys have been helpful. Thanks so much.
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by Drabrah(m): 5:15am On Apr 10, 2018
theworldbest:
d little knowledge I have abt it is cold water intake may cause blood to clot.after delivery it's best you take hot water so you can heat up your stomach to enable the bad blood flow well n avoid cramps

My dear there's nothing of such. There's practically no relationship btw d water u drink or its temp wt blood clotting or labour/delivery. Water is basically for hydration & for body's metabolic processes. It goes thru d digestive tract after ingestion & there's no link btw d digestive tract & d reproductive system.
As much as it does not affect cramp, I'd like to say that cramp after delivery is not an anomaly. It's caused by d contraction of d womb in an attempt to return to its previous size & site. It's breastfeeding that rather has affect on cramps (cos of increased production of oxytocin) and it's beneficial in d long run.

2 Likes

Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by theworldbest(f): 10:33am On Apr 10, 2018
Drabrah:

My dear there's nothing of such. There's practically no relationship btw d water u drink or its temp wt blood clotting or labour/delivery. Water is basically for hydration & for body's metabolic processes. It goes thru d digestive tract after ingestion & there's no link btw d digestive tract & d reproductive system.
As much as it does not affect cramp, I'd like to say that cramp after delivery is not an anomaly. It's caused by d contraction of d womb in an attempt to return to its previous size & site. It's breastfeeding that rather has affect on cramps (cos of increased production of oxytocin) and it's beneficial in d long run.
. thank you sir
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by PreshyG(f): 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
Talking from experience, if ur LO is not up to 3months, pls, don't take cold water as this may give him/her cataarh.room temp. Water is stil ok.

3 Likes

Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by Aitee1: 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
Drabrah:

Please what of during pregnancy does cold water have any negative effect?
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by ImaIma1(f): 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
Aitee1:

No i do not think it does. Pregnant women crave cold things a lot. My friend who gave birth in the US said they gave her a very cold drinkwith ice when she went to the hospital.
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by Adamummya(f): 7:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
well, i can't advice anyone to take cold water after birthing for some time...talking from experience, when i gave birth to my daughter, the first 3 weeks after delivery i never encountered anything cold. i drank hot peppery soup everyday, took warm water, my mum massaged my tummy with hot water and i sat in hot water ......it helped me alot ......
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by GHoJes: 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2018
theworldbest:
The knowledge you have is the truth. Take cold water continually few days to your period and see the flow difficult or slow with more cramps due to the blood cloting from the coldness of the water. Then try same with mild or hot water, you will get the opposite effect.
Any woman who wants to disagree should first try this simple experiment with careful observation; not a man coming to write theory.
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by theworldbest(f): 12:19am On Apr 14, 2018
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by theworldbest(f): 12:21am On Apr 14, 2018
GHoJes:

The knowledge you have is the truth. Take cold water continually few days to your period and see the flow difficult or slow with more cramps due to the blood cloting from the coldness of the water. Then try same with mild or hot water, you will get the opposite effect.
Any woman who wants to disagree should first try this simple experiment with careful observation; not a man coming to write theory.
I was surprised to see the mention...he actually made me feel like I wasn't entitled to my own opinion.....experience is the best teacher sha
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by Drabrah(m): 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2018
Aitee1:

Not at all. Those are jst beliefs emanating frm no where.
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by Aitee1: 8:33am On Apr 16, 2018
Drabrah:

Not at all. Those are jst beliefs emanating frm no where.

Thanks!
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by Aitee1: 8:36am On Apr 16, 2018
ImaIma1:

No i do not think it does. Pregnant women crave cold things a lot. My friend who gave birth in the US said they gave her a very cold drinkwith ice when she went to the hospital.

Thanks dear
Re: Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery by Lovelydaisies: 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
[quote author=nana228 post=62533273][/quote]

Wow! And did you get your tummy back?

Our mamas dem want to finish us o.

(1) (Reply)

She Beat Up Her Son For Writing This On A Book. Is It Right(pic) / The Frustrations Of Older Nigerian Women Who Are Sex-starved By Their Husband. / Lack Of Romance & Intimacy In My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.