Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

37 Slang And Hash Tag To Master,so You Don’t Miss Out In Social Media Conversatn - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 37 Slang And Hash Tag To Master,so You Don’t Miss Out In Social Media Conversatn (1327 Views)

Nigeria In Social Media / Shalaye...meaning Of Slang / The Man Behind 'And the Ting Goes Skrrra Pa Pa Kakaka' Slang (2) (3) (4)

37 Slang And Hash Tag To Master,so You Don’t Miss Out In Social Media Conversatn by sylvesterxyz(f): 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
It is time for you to master this 37 social media slang

source: https://3naija.com/master-37-slangs-hash-tags-dont-miss-social-media-conversation/

1.SMH:Shaking My Head shocked

This slang it used when you see a post and you think that post is studip or not interesting and you are disappointed about the User posting such a post.

2. WTF: What/Who/ The Bleep angry angry grin grin

Probably a mistake occur and you are trying to understand what eventually happen.This slang look like an open question that does not need an answer

e.g Smith: WTF happen to this room

3. WCM: Women Crush Wednesday

This is used to celebrate a female friend on a particular Wednesday

4.MCM:Man Crush Monday.

This slang is used to celebrate a particular crush of yours.It is also used to celebrate a man crush whose style you like on a monday

5.GM,GE,GN:Good Morning,Good Evening, Good Night

This slang/abbreviation is used to quickly greet/hail a friend without needing to type much

6.LOL.,LOLzzzzzzz:Laugh Out Loud

This is used to express that you are really laughing at a post.why adding “zzzzz” as in Lolzzzz means that you are laughing for longer period in respond to a funny post/chat

Image result for lolz memes https://3naija.com/master-37-slangs-hash-tags-dont-miss-social-media-conversation/

7.TFW….that feel/feeling when

This means what it actually is in English.In most cases an image is added to such post to express the feeling.

As in ……..
https://3naija.com/master-37-slangs-hash-tags-dont-miss-social-media-conversation/

8.Bf,gf :Boy Friend,Girl friend

this slang is used to shortend words like Boyfriend and girlfriend

9.Ba3:Battery

This slang is used to express the word Battery.Instead of needing to complete the word Battery,one can use Ba3 to save time and still mean the same thing.

e.g My Ba3 is f**king low

10.D8:Date

D8 is mostly used to ask a lady to go on a date with you.Without the neeed to complete the word Date.In other situation can be used to ask a question like what is the D8??

11.Slay:

It is mostly used to comment of on a lady Fashion.Literally to mean that a lady is looking perfectly attractive anad pretty in a particular Picx.

12.Cos n Coz:Because

Without needing to complete the word because,you can easily use the word cos to mean Because.

13.Omg:Oh My God! shocked shocked

This slang is used for exaggeration.In most cases,when you are completely surprise about an update,picx or a delightful information.

14. Zzzzz: Sleeping

It is used to express that a person is sleeping.Take for example the chat below

Boy: what were you doing since Morning.

Girl: Zzzzzzzz.

15.BrB.Be Right Back.

This means exactly what it says.That is just in a moment I will be Right back on online.Image result for brb memes

16.Asap:As soon As Possible

This slang is used to tell a person to get in touch with you “As soon as Possible” without and further delay.

Image result for asap memes..https://3naija.com/master-37-slangs-hash-tags-dont-miss-social-media-conversation/

17.DAM:Don’t Ask Me

Now you know what it means.It is actually used when you don’t want a question in return after you said something in a chat.

e.g;DAM,cos I won’t tell.

18. HBD: Happy Birthday

Used HBD to quickly wish a friend of yours without needing to type or think much abpout what to say.

19.TMW.That moment when

In a meme,most time this slang is used to coil a funny post.heere is an example
https://3naija.com/master-37-slangs-hash-tags-dont-miss-social-media-conversation/

20. TLDR. Too long didn’t read

When a message is directed to a person inbox and it the user didn’t go through it because it eas too long.You can just drop a reply of “TLDR,try shorting your post”

21 .TBH:To Be honest.

this slang means waht it say “To Be Honest”

22.DP:Display picture

Mostly used to mean your profile picx.

23.PRT and RT: Please Retweet or Retweet

Actually,it is used to address your friends/followers to please help to retweet a post or tweet

24.IRL.In Real Life

This slang is mostly used when talking about Relation.Take for instance this Example.”I want to be your Boyfriend,IRL”

25.On fleek

This slang means that a positive review ias giving to something that is well done.

e.g Wow bae,you are looking “on fleek” on that gown.

26.NBD.No big deal

This slang is used to indicate that you don’t have issue with a particular point’idea.It also used in a way to express that you have no problem with something

27.MBG.Most beautiful girl

This is the short way of praising a lady that she is really beautiful.

28.Bae.

This slang is used to associate with a person that you are into relationship with.It is acutally the short form of babe

e.g
Me: our relationship is so perfect!

Bae: we have to talk.

Q&A :Queston and Answer
This slang is used in most cases to begin a conversation of question and answer.

30.DIY.do it yourself

This slang is very popular on the web now.It is used to demonstrate that a tyask can be done alone

31.ICYMI:In Case You Missed It

This slang is used to question your followers that in case they miss your post or video that could see it again

32.IMO….in my opion

It a slang that is used to express your opinion or share your though on a given topic/post

33.TBT:Throw Back Thursday

It is use in a way to tell your followers that you are remembering a particular day

33.TGIF:Thank God it Friday

This popular slang is used on a Friday to indicate that the week has ended and that one can go on to relax until the new week begins.

34.LMAO: Laugh My Ass Out grin grin grin

This slang is used to express that a post is very funny.that you can’t stop laughing

35.LLNP:Long life and prosperity

LLNP is used in combination with the HBD to wish a birthday celebrat a long life an d prosperity .

36.TCSS..take care stay safe.

It actually means the same thing that a friend should”Take care ”anad they should stay safe

37.On point wink:

This slang is used to express your opinion that you are very delighted with the current post your see
see
e.g via this link https://3naija.com/master-37-slangs-hash-tags-dont-miss-social-media-conversation/

Re: 37 Slang And Hash Tag To Master,so You Don’t Miss Out In Social Media Conversatn by infantlion(m): 11:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
I dedicate this ftc to all nairalanders

Must See Screenshot (photos) / National Association Of Say No To Mathematics / Click!!