Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:23 AM

Can You Believe This? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Can You Believe This? (1665 Views)

Do You Believe That La Liga Is Superiour To Other Leagues? / Do You Believe Arsenal Still Have A Chance Of Winning The Premership This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Believe This? by dayokanu(m): 4:26pm On Apr 01, 2010
How is Manure the biggest club then?
Re: Can You Believe This? by tkb417(m): 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2010
the most valuable club in the world
$1.4billion dolls
show me a club or any sporting franchy that has such an enterprise value
Re: Can You Believe This? by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2010
Show me 9 European Cups Real Madrid
Show me 7 EUropean cups AC MILAN

Fottball is to win trophies
Re: Can You Believe This? by tkb417(m): 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2010
Arsenal is bigger than Aston Villa even tho Villa has a UCL trophy
so what are u saying?

Liverpool has won more UCL trophies means they are bigger than Man U?

Madrid is the most successful on the pitch undoubtedly but to say Milan big pass UTD?
for where?
Re: Can You Believe This? by Kgdavid(m): 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2010
chic2pimp:

Berra take off your rose tinted glasses.
I bet you forgot how piss poor[b] A$$nal's defence and Midfield were, right?[/b] undecided
Xavi gave y'all a masterclass, the same way Redondo gave the the scumbags a masterclass in 2000.
Where are the Hardmen? undecided.
Bar Vidic and May be Carragher(in his prime), they are all wussies.
If you want the proper definition of Hardmen, check out Serie A in the 1990's and early 2000's.

if you read my post you would have seen where i implied that barcas midfield was more dominant. arsenals defence was shaky til they conceded the seconded goal. for some strange reason after that barca could not create any chances and then walcott came on and barcas defense disintegrated. the point here is not about arsenal vs barca its about england vs spain where my point would be that the spanish league largely has better midfielders but much poorer defenders.

[/quote]
Where are the Hardmen? undecided.
Bar Vidic and May be Carragher(in his prime), they are all wussies.
If you want the proper definition of Hardmen, check out Serie A in the 1990's and early 2000's.
[quote]

lets keep things relevant. im talkin about english defenders today and you are talking about italians ten years ago? english defenders of today may be soft relative to italians of the last decade but english defenders of today are hard relative to spanish defenders of today.

messi was kept silent throughout and yet walcott came in and disvirgined barcas defense within five minutes
Re: Can You Believe This? by Sauron1: 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Biggest club in the world in terms of what?

The same club that couldnt get a touch on the ball in Rome?

Biggest is not about titles.
Arsenal are bigger than Bayern Munich but they are yet to win in Elite Europe.
Re: Can You Believe This? by dayokanu(m): 6:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
Biggest is not about titles.
Arsenal are bigger than Bayern Munich but they are yet to win in Elite Europe.

Sure you are having a laugh.

I bet in your mind Kaiserslautern is bigger than Manure but Kaiserslauter are yet to win in Elite Europe
Re: Can You Believe This? by Sauron1: 6:36pm On Apr 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Sure you are having a laugh.

I bet in your mind Kaiserslautern is bigger than Manure but Kaiserslauter are yet to win in Elite Europe

What are Kaiserslautern worth?

Arsenal are worth $1.2 Billion and Bayern Munich are worth $1.1 Billion.
Simple math tells me Arsenal are bigger than Bayern.
Re: Can You Believe This? by chic2pimp(m): 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
Kgdavid:

if you read my post you would have seen where i implied that barcas midfield was more dominant. arsenals defence was shaky til they conceded the seconded goal. for some strange reason after that barca could not create any chances and then walcott came on and barcas defense disintegrated. the point here is not about arsenal vs barca its about england vs spain where my point would be that the spanish league largely has better midfielders but much poorer defenders.
I'm not denying that the fact that the premier league has better defenders but Hard Men, I don't think so undecided
BTW, the Barca defence did not disintegrate rather it was Maxwell that disintegrated. He is Much better attacking than he is defending.
Also Barca took their feet off the peddle and went into cruise control hence the reason why they failed to create more goalscoring opportunities when they went 2 goals up.

Kgdavid:

lets keep things relevant. im talkin about english defenders today and you are talking about italians ten years ago? english defenders of today may be soft relative to italians of the last decade but english defenders of today are hard relative to spanish defenders of today.

messi was kept silent throughout and yet walcott came in and disvirgined barcas defense within five minutes
And again I beg to differ. Those Defenders are not Hardmen.
Granted Messi fizzled out but in the first 20 to 30 minutes, the dude created Havoc.
And again I repeat ,Walcott terrorized Barca's weak link(maxwell) not the whole defence.
Re: Can You Believe This? by dayokanu(m): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2010
What are Kaiserslautern worth?
Arsenal are worth $1.2 Billion and Bayern Munich are worth $1.1 Billion.
Simple math tells me Arsenal are bigger than Bayern.

Can you ever get anything right?

Richest Clubs In The World 2009/2010
Position Club Turnover in € Millions Country
1. Real Madrid 401.4 Spain
2. Barcelona 365.9 Spain
3. Manchester United 327.0 England
4. Bayern Munich 289.5 Germany
5. Arsenal 263 England
6. Chelsea 242.3 England
7. Liverpool 217.0 England
8. Juventus 203.2 Italy
9. Internazionale 196.5 Italy
10. Milan 196.5 Italy
11. Hamburg 146.7 Germany
12. Roma 146.4 Italy
13. Lyon 139.6 France
14. Marseille 133.2 France
15. Tottenham Hotspur 132.7 England
16. Schalke 04 124.5 Germany
17. Werder Bremen 114.7 Germany
18. Borrusia Dortmund 103.5 Germany
19. Manchester City 101.2 England
20. Newcastle United 101.0 England

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/industries/sportsbusinessgroup/press-release/d039400401a17210VgnVCM100000ba42f00aRCRD.htm
Re: Can You Believe This? by honeric01(m): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2010
Dayo, u get time o, some nigerians think football started and will end in england, i don't really blame them, i blame the media and the useless banks/service providers.
Re: Can You Believe This? by Sauron1: 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Can you ever get anything right?

This Dayokanu na stark illiterate.

Turnover is not the same as the Value of a club!!!
So you are saying Man Utd are worth $327 million? grin grin grin grin

I should sue your teachers in school. . . .They failed to do their jobs.
Now peruse this link and shut up for once. . . http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/34/soccer-values-09_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Value.html
Re: Can You Believe This? by dayokanu(m): 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2010
Did you go to school at all?

In the link you provided. Did you see a column for debt?

A balance sheet shows Asset - Liability

Do the maths or you can consult Ibime
Re: Can You Believe This? by Sauron1: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Did you go to school at all?

In the link you provided. Did you see a column for debt? 

A balance sheet shows Asset - Liability

Do the maths or you can consult Ibime

What has debt gotta do with the value of a club?
Are you an illiterate? Why are Man Utd referred to as the wealthiest club in the world even with their enormous debt?
By your senseless reasoning, clubs with no debt at all are richer than Real Madrid and Man Utd??
Arsenal's operating income even destroys that of Bayern, never mind United's operating income and yet you are spewing fuckeries.

Jesus Christ. . . . The money spent on your tertiary institution shoulda been used to cultivate cocoa pods.
Re: Can You Believe This? by dayokanu(m): 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2010
Pay attention to the revenue made byt the two clubs

Valaution is rubbish. If it means Lyons is higher than Madrid
Re: Can You Believe This? by Sauron1: 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Pay attention to the revenue made byt the two clubs

Valaution is rubbish. If it means Lyons is higher than Madrid

Revenue is not wealth. . . .

It is possible that Dayokanu made more money(revenue) than Dangote last year. . . .but does that make you richer than him?
Revenue is statistics over one financial year. . . . .Value is there FOREVER.
Re: Can You Believe This? by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2010
Meaning Lyon has more value than Madrid
Re: Can You Believe This? by Sauron1: 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Meaning Lyon has more value than Madrid

Lyon have more operating income.
Madrid are more valuable than Lyon. . . . .what column are you checking?

Madrid: $1.35 billion
Lyon : $423 million.

Tottenham are more valuable than Lyon
Re: Can You Believe This? by Kgdavid(m): 10:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
honeric01:

Dayo, u get time o, some nigerians think football started and will end in england, i don't really blame them, i blame the media and the useless banks/service providers.

football did start in england undecided and what have banks got to do with this? @chic2pimp true walcott took advantage of maxwell but then where were the other defenders who should have been covering/supporting maxwell? if you notice, the barca defenders were always out of position even without them playing a particularly high line and that was particularly evident in the second goal where puyol was racing back, from God knows where, and had to make a rash challenge barca were on cruise control untill arsenals first goal after which they tried to pick up the tempo to no avail. they could not create any openings after henry came on(though he is not to blame for that)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mancity Vs Tottenham 16/12/17 18:30 / Peter Crouch Splashes 1000 Euro On Teenage Prostitute •demands S.ex Inside Taxi / Makalele Is Definitely Leaving The Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.