Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? (1864 Views)

Age Difference Between Hubby & I | Ashamed Of My Age?? | Hubby's Occupation | I / Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples / Just For Fun....what Is The Age Difference Between You And Your Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by IamBornToWin(f): 6:57am On Nov 20, 2017
Hi Nairalanders, please what should be the ideal age difference between a man and a woman that is about to get married because my brother who was born on 8th Oct 1984 is about to get married to a lady born on 6th June 1985. My parents are not in support of it because they beleive that the lady will age more faster after child birth and may be looking far older than my brother.
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by izzou(m): 7:00am On Nov 20, 2017
Your parents sef angry

If I'm your brother, I'll just go ahead and marry her,with or without their blessings

Somebody cannot marry his wife in peace again angry

4 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by RoyalBlak007: 7:01am On Nov 20, 2017
♤I have
♤no idea
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by pocohantas(f): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2017
They are not in support because your brother opened his wide mouth to tell them. Abi were they the midwives that took delivery of her on 6th june 1985?

Their problem na how she go age, so...she can make your brother's life horrible, but she shouldn't age.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Homeboiy: 7:05am On Nov 20, 2017
Why did your brother tell his parents the lady's age? undecided

Age gap 5-9
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by izzou(m): 7:07am On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:
They are not in support because your brother opened his wide mouth to tell them. Abi were they the midwives that took delivery of her on 6th june 1985?

Their problem na how she go age, so...she can make your brother's life horrible, but she shouldn't age.

Pocooooo

angry angry

You too harsh
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by pocohantas(f): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2017
izzou:

Pocooooo

angry angry

You too harsh

I restrained myself from saying the brother is a loudmouthed baby. E remain to tell them the mileage of her kpekus.

Some guys like older ladies, some just find themselves connecting with an older woman. What matters is the respect, love and understanding between both.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Modelqwen(f): 7:12am On Nov 20, 2017
shocked

Nigerians and all their avoidable issues shaa. Wat an uncalled excuse to stop ur bro from marrying that lady. Ur bro aren't a child.... let him decide.. 1984 & 1985 is not bad at all.

2 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by izzou(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

I restrained myself from saying the brother is a loudmouthed baby. E remain to tell them the mileage of her kpekus.

Some guys like older ladies, some just find themselves connecting with an older woman. What matters is the respect, love and understanding between both.

angry angry angry

What if she's a virgin?

You too dey assume
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by sinaj(f): 7:23am On Nov 20, 2017
Lol

Not every lady age faster after child birth, some have good statures.

Kafaya is aabout 10 years older than her hubby nd even have 2 or 3 kids yet you wnt notice it.

So let your bro be if he finds peace in the lady pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 20, 2017
age should not be the barrier to a sustainable marriage. gone are those days when age use to be the major hinderance not in this digital age anymore.
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Zaikon(m): 7:29am On Nov 20, 2017
what if she fails to after child birth...

na was for some Nigeria parents JUST UNREASONABLE EXCUSE TO STOP THE LADY.

2 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by BTT(m): 7:45am On Nov 20, 2017
People say age is just a matter of numbers, I don't often agree. When the rubber hits the road, you will know.

In my opinion, anything ABOVE ten (10) years where the guy is older or five (5) years where the woman is older is NOT acceptable.
However, there's absolute nothing wrong in your brother's case.

But you see, ultimately, you will love who you will and nobody can do much about it.
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by jaychubi: 9:16am On Nov 20, 2017
IamBornToWin:
Hi Nairalanders, please what should be the ideal age difference between a man and a woman that is about to get married because my brother who was born on 8th Oct 1984 is about to get married to a lady born on 6th June 1985. My parents are not in support of it because they beleive that the lady will age more faster after child birth and may be looking far older than my brother.

He is older than her but ur parents have a point.

A girl ages faster esp after child bearing so a girl of 25 years is like age mates to a Man of 30 year n will need a man of 35 years n above for them to age together @ same rate other things being equal.

In marriage a woman needs a man 5 to 20 yrs older than her n vice versa. Age is nt a number BC menopause is always there to tell you, u r old.

Beyond this other factors such as love, character, job, education etc must be considered
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 20, 2017
In Aaliyah's silky voice (rip), *age ain't nothing but a number...*. If they love and respect each other, and are both two consenting adults, her being a year older shouldn't be a big deal and it really isn't. Your parents are probably making it one b/c they don't like her. Besides, even if she does look older after having a baby b/c she doesn't have the resources (gym membership/workout regime, better eating plan, etc) to take care of herself, she will still likely outlive the husband anyway b/c women have a longer life expectancy than men, despite all the stress we endure.

2 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
Is it in age but in compatibility and respect. As long as they would respect each other. Ageing is a gene thing. I bumped into a 60 something year old lady in church yesterday and she was looking 40. I have seen younger ladies look way older than their age.
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
jaychubi:

A girl ages faster esp after child bearing so a girl of 25 years is like age mates to a Man of 30 year n will need a man of 35 years n above for them to age together @ same rate other things being equal.

In marriage a woman needs a man 5 to 20 yrs older than her n vice versa. Age is nt a number BC menopause is always there to tell you, u r old.

Beyond this other factors such as love, character, job, education etc must be considered
Crap! Typical African thought. My wife looks older than and SO. Does it affect my happiness? If No, why bother about old or young

2 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
sinaj:
Lol

Not every lady age faster after child birth, some have good statures.

Kafaya is aabout 10 years older than her hubby nd even have 2 or 3 kids yet you wnt notice it.

So let your bro be if he finds peace in the lady pls.
exactly, thing is many Nigerian ladies don't bother to keep fit after child birth, the reason for the ageing. Just like the men consume more beer, eat loads of starch with less exercise and later grow with "pot bellies". Another factor is the genetic makeup
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

I don't do girls I am more than 3 to 4 years older than [b][/b]
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
IamBornToWin:
Hi Nairalanders, please what should be the ideal age difference between a man and a woman that is about to get married because my brother who was born on 8th Oct 1984 is about to get married to a lady born on 6th June 1985. My parents are not in support of it because they beleive that the lady will age more faster after child birth and may be looking far older than my brother .

nawa o undecided and that's supposed to be a reasonable reason their son can't marry her?

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by personal59: 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
IamBornToWin:

ur brother is d cause of it all...y on earth will he disclose the age of his wife to be

I pity the wife if ur brother later marry her

my friend wife is older Dan him nd only m, him nd his wife knw about it 4 yrs gone already

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by personal59: 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
jaychubi:

may be u only meet "ein go better family"

when der is money,care, love and peace of mind ladies don't old that way too
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by jaychubi: 7:27am On Nov 21, 2017
personal59:

may be u only meet "ein go better family"

when der is money,care, love and peace of mind ladies don't old that way too

Menopause can't be treated by money
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by jaychubi: 7:30am On Nov 21, 2017
majekdom2:
Crap! Typical African thought. My wife looks older than and SO. Does it affect my happiness? If No, why bother about old or young

U r d super crap here, menopause comes with age n a childless marriage will affect happiness. U may nt understand since u r senseless so dnt bother trying
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by nairamaniac: 8:03am On Nov 21, 2017
The logivity of our existence on earth is soo overated.
People want to enjoy 100years of marriage.

I say;
Get rich, enjoy everyday of your married life to the fullest.
Love your spouse to the fullest like he or she may die the following day.
Life is too short, but long enough if you are in control of yours.
By Grace of God, my own 5years into marriage would be more fun-filled, loved-filled, and satisfactory than most people's 50years of marriage.

If you take these words seriously, then a man could marry a woman older than he is.
Even if she gets old or dies before he does. Provided Love and other more appropriate parameters exist between them.
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 21, 2017
jaychubi:

U r d super crap here, menopause comes with age n a childless marriage will affect happiness. U may nt understand since u r senseless so dnt bother trying
Is it only menopause that can affect child bearing? Are there no couples that have 10 years interval say the husband 33 the wife 23 that are having issues with child bearing? Do you wan to give birth every year of your life? On average what age is menopause -45, the woman here is about 32. Are you saying she can't have all the children she desires within 13 years. You are silly you know!

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 21, 2017
jaychubi:

Menopause can't be treated by money
stop this menopause crap. So a 32 years old is to old for a 33 years man but not a 43 years man because of menopause? How do you reason?
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by jaychubi: 8:52am On Nov 21, 2017
majekdom2:
stop this menopause crap. So a 32 years old is to old for a 33 years man but not a 43 years man because of menopause? How do you reason?

Dt be silly u have no point jst beating abt d bush, I am talking generally n nt with reference to op
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by jaychubi: 8:54am On Nov 21, 2017
majekdom2:
Is it only menopause that can affect child bearing? Are there no couples that have 10 years interval say the husband 33 the wife 23 that are having issues with child bearing? Do you wan to give birth every year of your life? On average what age is menopause -45, the woman here is about 32. Are you saying she can't have all the children she desires within 13 years. You are silly you know!

Menopause is a serious factor worthy of consideration esp for ppl who think age is a number
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 21, 2017
jaychubi:

Menopause is a serious factor worthy of consideration esp for ppl who think age is a number
Fyi, not everyone wants a child in their marriage. We see and hear about this everyother time. Age remains a number!
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by jaychubi: 9:09am On Nov 21, 2017
majekdom2:
Fyi, not everyone wants a child in their marriage. We see and hear about this everyother time. Age remains a number!

If u dnt want a child I agree completely but for ppl like me dt is getting married BC of children age is nt a number. I can't afford a childless marriage. A woman above 28 is too old already for me
Re: What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? by obioji(f): 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
Your brother should follow his heart. Unless your parents want a baby wife that be calling their son "daddy". The Duke and duchess of Cambridge are Age mate. Kate was born 9 of January 1982 while William was born 21 of June 1982.

If the peace in the home, the woman will age gracefully.

(1) (Reply)

"Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother / 23 Years Old Girl Shares Her Most Embarrassing Moment In Front Of Her Mum / And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.