Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage (1870 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by yazga: 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
AJMorgan™
@ajeromorgan
I'm 15 years in marriage Today.
And here're 5 things I've learnt:

/1. When you marry 1 woman, expect to live with 3 women:

1. The woman you think she is
2. The woman she is
3. And the woman she's going to become as a result of being married to you

The third one is up to you

/2. Your woman does not really need you to do the "big" things to satisfy her. Seemingly "little things" like hugging her, kissing her on the forehead, telling her you love her, noticing her new hairstyle, sitting with her in the kitchen makes her feel so loved and valued.

/3. Don't "demand" respect from your woman. Respect her and her values first and let it show in your words and actions. What you continuously pour on her is what she'll eventually become to you. Be genuine but be visionary also. It'll help her to trust you more and follow you.

/4. The most "expensive" sex is "free" sex. Stop valuing a side chic because she costs you more money. That's called irrational behavioral tendency in marketing. What your woman gives you for free at home is the most expensive. So Invest in it. That's wisdom for long life.

/5. Build your relationships and family on a foundation of love and reverence for God. The prosperity and grace to sustain a happy marriage comes from Him. It's not by power or might.

28 Likes

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by meobizy(f): 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
/6. She can cheat on you and you will beat your chest to the heavens that she is faithful. Eighteen years after, when the seed of her infidelity is fully grown, is when you finally realize the child was not yours.

4 Likes

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by yazga: 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
Is this your experience?
meobizy:
/6. She can cheat on you and you will beat your chest to the heavens that she is faithful. Eighteen years after, when the seed of her infidelity is fully grown, is when you finally realize the child was not yours.

9 Likes

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by meobizy(f): 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
yazga:
Is this your experience?
Hmm.
Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by Richy4(m): 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
The number 2 is too oyiboish.. Please double check if you weren't mistaken or talking about movies.. Congratulations by the way smiley

1 Like

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by adedayoa2(f): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
yazga:
Is this your experience?
: cheesycheesy
Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by LewsTherin: 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2019
Richy4:
The number 2 is too oyiboish.. Please double check if you weren't mistaken or talking about movies.. Congratulations by the way smiley

It's a woman thing. Especially a good woman who loves you. Those small things matter. When you note her new nail polish. When she gets ready for a usual day and you compliment her. When you compliment her cooking. In fact, complementing her on any and everything.

The best part? It doesn't cost you a dime.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by Mood11: 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
7. No two marriages are the Same..

What has worked for others Will/Might not work for yours..

8. Avoid Comparisons.. Comparing sex organs of your spouse with that of an ex or body Shapes or Money Attitudes can trigger Problems. Avoid it.

10 Likes

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by ststyreal(f): 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
LewsTherin:

It's a woman thing. Especially a good woman who loves you. Those small things matter. When you note her new nail polish. When she gets ready for a usual day and you compliment her. When you compliment her cooking. In fact, complementing her on any and everything.

That is just me for you jareeeeee..... You nailed it

4 Likes

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by babyfaceafrica: 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
above all,marry someone with conscience and someone that fears God.....the only down side is they are few!

13 Likes

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by yazga: 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2019
Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by yazga: 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
Well said
Mood11:
7. No two marriages are the Same..

What has worked for others Will/Might not work for yours..

8. Avoid Comparisons.. Comparing sex organs of your spouse with that of an ex or body Shapes or Money Attitudes can trigger Problems. Avoid it.
Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by yazga: 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
timing too is impotant
babyfaceafrica:
above all,marry someone with conscience and someone that fears God.....the only down side is they are few!
Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by ogawisdom(m): 8:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
10. Never run out of money bc without money your marriage will likely collapse cool

3 Likes

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by yazga: 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
are u married?
ogawisdom:
10. Never run out of money bc without money your marriage will likely collapse cool
Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:03am On Nov 20, 2019
LewsTherin:

You are soooooooo on point!!!!

1 Like

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by yazga: 8:20am On Nov 20, 2019
cheesy
BecaciaBarbie:

You are soooooooo on point!!!!
Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by yazga: 8:35am On Nov 22, 2019
hmmmmmmmmmm
babyfaceafrica:
Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by 24kmagic: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by yazga: 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
are u married?
24kmagic:
Ok
Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by Whyzaid(f): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2019
[You have spoken well. quote author=babyfaceafrica post=84063648]above all,marry someone with conscience and someone that fears God.....the only down side is they are few![/quote]
Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by cococandy(f): 2:49am On Dec 05, 2019
smiley

She’s lucky to have you. Happy anniversary
yazga:
AJMorgan™
@ajeromorgan
I'm 15 years in marriage Today.
And here're 5 things I've learnt:

/1. When you marry 1 woman, expect to live with 3 women:

1. The woman you think she is
2. The woman she is
3. And the woman she's going to become as a result of being married to you

The third one is up to you

/2. Your woman does not really need you to do the "big" things to satisfy her. Seemingly "little things" like hugging her, kissing her on the forehead, telling her you love her, noticing her new hairstyle, sitting with her in the kitchen makes her feel so loved and valued.

/3. Don't "demand" respect from your woman. Respect her and her values first and let it show in your words and actions. What you continuously pour on her is what she'll eventually become to you. Be genuine but be visionary also. It'll help her to trust you more and follow you.

/4. The most "expensive" sex is "free" sex. Stop valuing a side chic because she costs you more money. That's called irrational behavioral tendency in marketing. What your woman gives you for free at home is the most expensive. So Invest in it. That's wisdom for long life.

/5. Build your relationships and family on a foundation of love and reverence for God. The prosperity and grace to sustain a happy marriage comes from Him. It's not by power or might.

1 Like

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by mabea: 8:05am On Dec 05, 2019
Richy4:
The number 2 is more accurate maybe you have a different idea.

2 Likes

Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by mabea: 8:08am On Dec 05, 2019
I love the fact that this is based on personal experience. Happy anniversary.
Re: And Here're 5 Things I've Learnt In Marriage by yazga: 11:28am On Dec 05, 2019
wink
mabea:
The number 2 is more accurate maybe you have a different idea.

(1) (Reply)

Are Men Threatened By Women / Dogs For Your Home / I Need Advise 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.