Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Why Do Religious People Hate Chance So Much? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Religious People Hate Chance So Much? (466 Views)

Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Religious People Hate Chance So Much? by Ioseph(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2017
So many religions appear to be founded strongly upon the hatred of chance. From religions in ancient times, religions have been used to excuse wars, natural disasters and other phenomena. For some basic understandable examples, let me demonstrate what I mean by this:

The Volcano didn't erupt and kill us by "chance", it was clearly the Fire God Hutumokojo expressing his displeasure at our lack of worship!

We're not having bad weather today at sea by "chance", it's because we brought that damned Atheist on board and Zeus is pissed at us!

We didn't win the war because of our tactical or numbers advantage - no, it was because Allah favoured us over the heretics!

Of course God is the creator of the universe, all of this you see before you couldn't possibly have happened by mere chance!

This fallacy, which I will dub "The No Chance Fallacy", posits that any form of major coincidence or event that has a major impact on a society or history could not have happened without intervention by a sentient being. This is fallacious because it is essentially comes from humans trying to "humanise" the universe. Any kind of complex environment must have been created, as humans are masters of shaping and moulding their environments. And the concept of a god being responsible for a natural disaster is much easier to get behind than saying that it just happened, because then you have a target that can be blamed or can be used to explain it. To this day, there is no evidence whatsoever that the universe itself was artificially crafted by some sentient force, and the explanation of "the universe just happened", while ridiculous to the religious folk with their insane hatred of "chance", is the most scientifically satisfactory answer at the present.
Re: Why Do Religious People Hate Chance So Much? by mujahid777(m): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
When even the undulations of an atom has been decreed by Allah,then there are no chances.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Religious People Hate Chance So Much? by Ioseph(m): 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2017
mujahid777:
When even the undulations of an atom has been decreed by Allah,then there are no chances.

It takes a special kind of brain... to be this mindlessly fanatical. Maybe you should volunteer yours for study?

You've completely missed the point of the topic, but to indulge your silly analogy: the concept of atoms and their undulations were completely and utterly unknown to the men who composed the Quran. How do you come to the conclusion that Allah is not only the creator of the universe, but the man who "decrees" the wobble of bonds and interactions that permeate the countless atoms of the universe? Where is your reasoning? Your proof? What evidence do you have for this outlandish claim? How would this happen? Wouldn't the fact that Allah is responsible for every atomic undulation mean that he is not actually ambivalent, and indeed that he himself is the cause of the very blasphemers he punishes? You Muslim folk REALLY don't think very hard, do you? There is absolutely zero evidence for Allah existing. Zero. This topic is dealing with the rationale that all major events have divine reason, a rationale that is farcical and completely lacking in evidence. You have responded with "But duh allah makes duh atoms undulate", completely missing the entire point of the topic and further self-promoting the fact that your god-fearing brain is hard as granite.

Just listen to me, I promise I don't "confuse" you like your Imam has probably drilled you into thinking.

The argument has continued like this:

Atheists: There is no evidence or valid reasoning to suggest that a being called Allah exists, nor that they "created" the universe.

Faithful: But everything has to come from something, right? This world is too complex to simply have appeared by chance!

Atheists: You are downplaying the chaotic interactions that lead to complexities like life and solar systems by trying to apply your lived human experiences to a near endless, continually expanding, vast tract of space and matter that has existed for 13 billion years. You are essentially claiming that gods like Allah are responsible for major natural events despite the fact that there remains no evidence for any of this whatsoever.

Faithful: When Allah has made even atoms act the way they do, there are no chances.

Do you see the problem here? The faithful argument is circular logic. Allah is real, because the universe had to come from something other than just happening. The universe had to come from something other than just happening because Allah is real. This is not a debate over fate or whatever. It's about the fact that religions always have a HUMANISED excuse for significant events such as natural disasters or the beginning of the universe, despite the fact that they are simple occurrences.

although you've probably been brainwashed in the way of Muhammad since Madrasa pre-school so I doubt any of this will get through that thick head of yours.

(1) (Reply)

Brethren Of The Lord Group / Please I Need Answers To This Biblical Happening / Why Dont They Speak Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.